+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default PCOS Diet

Hi lovely ladies

I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 17 years old, didn't really mean much until we started out ttc journey 18 months ago.. we are just about to start round 1 of prevera and clomid.. yay!

Doing some research online and really struggling to find an easy PCOS diet or meal plan. I am at a contant struggle between low sugar/fat diet or low carb diet.. can anyone recommend?

Also keen to hear any success stories after weightloss 😊

Tia x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I've been reading Lara Briden's Period Repair Manual and have decided I'll be cutting out sugar and dairy.
    I don't think that you'll find one easy fix out there for the simple fact that every woman with PCOS is different and the symptoms are varied.
    Deff recommend that book though - I got the E-book from iTunes for $14 I think.
    Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey OP. I dont know of this diet but I did cut out all simple carbs and dairy and did a little exercise and lost 13kg. I also had a follow up scan afterwards and no cysts could be found and my skin was amazing. I don't eat quite as well these days but it did make a huge difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh great thanks @Sabochan and @Ngaiz

I will definitely have a look at the ebook

Thanks
    Reviews
    Are you insulin resistant?

I have PCOS and insulin resistance. Diagnosed at 37 when TTC. After a lifetime of cutting carbs or doing low carb and battles with my weight I found the secret was to have a steady intake of low GI carbs throughout the day and to have protein with the carbs. I'd do 30g carbs breakfast, lunch and dinner then 2-3 snacks at 15g. It wasn't until I had gestational diabetes that I learned what works for me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone! I thought I would jump in to this thread. I'm 31 been ttc for a long while. I was diagnosed with pcos when I was 20. I have always had irregular periods and I only started to gain weight when I met my now husband 10years ago. I have started to exercise and eat better. I have cut out all soft drinks/cordial cut down on all take away and carbs and I'm feeling well. Only started on the 10th of January and have lost 3kg slow and steady. In regards to conceiving I really do believe a lot of it is to do with food. My best friend went through the whole taking metformin, injections getting bloods done for a year and Berber conceived she then took a break because of all the stress and started seeing a naturopath for about a year and lost weight through eating better and she now has a 1 year old healthy baby girl conceived naturally. So here's to hoping😊😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sandra103 For This Useful Post:

Mamasupial  (12-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey OP, Yep, I think it is really hard with PCOS because we are all different,
    I am a lean PCOSER at 54kg, so the Dr said to me its hard because I am bordering on being TO lean! My PCOS is quite bad as well I do not ovulate on my own, so I have even tried to increase my body fat and moderate exercise.
    S
    o cant win either way, however I am strong believer in just making sure you eat right and regular moderate exercise.. I still make health choices were I can I think this is vitally important, but don't deny the things you love forever!.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to twentysomething For This Useful Post:

sweetmrsmac  (15-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetmrsmac View Post
    Hi lovely ladies

I was diagnosed with PCOS when i was 17 years old, didn't really mean much until we started out ttc journey 18 months ago.. we are just about to start round 1 of prevera and clomid.. yay!

Doing some research online and really struggling to find an easy PCOS diet or meal plan. I am at a contant struggle between low sugar/fat diet or low carb diet.. can anyone recommend?

Also keen to hear any success stories after weightloss

Tia x
    Hi my dr who only specializes in pcos told me ketogenic diet meat & veggies. No fruits
    I haven't tried it yet but seen so many successful stories on YouTube.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi OP also a fellow PCOS sufferer here. I am only recently diagnosed myself. Always had trouble loosing weight and ballooned out about 6 years ago. I ended up having gastric banding 4 years ago to assist me. It helped me loose weight (30kg to date) but it didn't fall off like other people I know with banding. I had to work really hard still and cut out as much sugar and carbs I could. All makes sense now! As we know people with PCOS struggle to shed the kg's. Interesting though I've had another 10kg to go but haven't managed to get there until this year as when diagnosed I was put on metformin 1500mg daily. I have literally changed nothing I do and have lost 6kg so far. Not to mention I don't crave chocolate and sugar like I used to (something the band never took away). I know metformin use is a little controversial as not all doctors agree but it's something I feel has helped me. Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @littlerayofsunshine87! Congrats on the weightloss so far that is amazing progress I could only imagine how much better you feel..

Can I ask did you have any side effects with Metformin? My doctor has given me a prescription but I have heard some horror stories so haven't started it yet..

Tia xx

IMG_2995.jpg