+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    I would walk inside and call the police and give them their re go. If you had a rough idea where they are than give the police that info.
    It's not too late. Ring the police now them the re go if you know it. Or their names if you don't.
    The child's life is at risk and friendship is not worth a child's life.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

BlondeinBrisvegas  (18-01-2016),FearlessLeader  (18-01-2016),turquoisecoast  (18-01-2016),VicPark  (18-01-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    I would walk inside and call the police and give them their re go. If you had a rough idea where they are than give the police that info.
    It's not too late. Ring the police now them the re go if you know it. Or their names if you don't.
    The child's life is at risk and friendship is not worth a child's life.
    This. There's clearly no point talking to them about it. I would report them now, and if they continue doing it, report every time you know they're driving around without a car seat.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Although why your DH thinks you should do something about it is beyond me. He's the one who witnessed it- he's the one who should have reported it immediately or at least said something to them!! I'm a bit confused as to why he came and told you and didn't do anything else.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How can someone not have had their 1 year old in a car seat?? How does that even work?

Report it. Call the police and let them know. Its so recklessly dangerous.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    The mother is my cousin, we had quite a few relatives over for a family gathering and DH was saying bye at the door, he saw it from a distance, as the kid got in the car he saw there was no car seat on the backseat but before he could do anything they had driven off. Also as I said they are quite prone to causing huge family issues, he probably wanted to check with me first before dragging us both into that.

I guess now that it's after the fact he thinks I should say something as we hardly have anything to do with them and I'm technically the one related. My DH is quite blunt so he would've probably said something right there and then given the chance.

I've had a knot in my stomach all day. I feel really uncomfortable calling the police about my own relative but it's so irresponsible of them. I really don't know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger

Default Parents don't use car seat wwyd?

Quote Originally Posted by MissMuppet View Post
    How can someone not have had their 1 year old in a car seat?? How does that even work?

Report it. Call the police and let them know. Its so recklessly dangerous.
    Our family is originally from a different country that doesn't have car seat laws. Most people just hold their baby in their arms whilst someone else drives over there, I assume that's what she used to do when he was younger. We're not very close so I never witnessed it myself. At the time that her son was 1 she just said oh I still don't have a car seat I have to get one and I was very clear that yes she did as it was dangerous and against the law and she should do it asap.

I assumed she had taken care of it until yesterday when DH said they didn't have one in their car which jogged my memory and I was honestly shocked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mama Mirabelle View Post
    Our family is originally from a different country that doesn't have car seat laws. Most people just hold their baby in their arms whilst someone else drives over there, I assume that's what she used to do when he was younger. We're not very close so I never witnessed it myself. At the time that her son was 1 she just said oh I still don't have a car seat I have to get one and I was very clear that yes she did as it was dangerous and against the law and she should do it asap.

I assumed she had taken care of it until yesterday when DH said they didn't have one in their car which jogged my memory and I was honestly shocked.
    This makes more sense. I was about to ask if there were cultural issues involved. Would it be easier the explain that things are very different here and putting aside whether they think it's right or wrong, they would get into a lot of trouble if caught.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    How have they not been caught out yet!? Where would the baby have laid and sat? I can't imagine any toddler sitting still in a seat ever!

I would report it to the police for sure. I would have done so when I found out when he was a baby, I'm surprised the child hadn't been injured yet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    This makes more sense. I was about to ask if there were cultural issues involved. Would it be easier the explain that things are very different here and putting aside whether they think it's right or wrong, they would get into a lot of trouble if caught.
    There needs to be some sort of booklet handed out at immigration in multiple languages that basically goes through some of our major laws and penalties for visitors and those immigrating to Australia.

Though probably still quite confusing - assume you use taxis for the first little bit after arrival, until you arrange your own car. Didn't have to use a carseat in a taxi, what makes your own car any different?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by alliecat89 View Post
    There needs to be some sort of booklet handed out at immigration in multiple languages that basically goes through some of our major laws and penalties for visitors and those immigrating to Australia.

Though probably still quite confusing - assume you use taxis for the first little bit after arrival, until you arrange your own car. Didn't have to use a carseat in a taxi, what makes your own car any different?
    Yes and then there are buses which don't even have normal seat belts for adults. Very confusing. Often new migrants also associate with people from the same background who are likely to have similar ideas and therefore it wouldn't have necessarily been made a big deal of.