+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default My precious angel baby

At 7 weeks 2 days pregnant I have now lost my baby. My scan last week showed an empty gestational sac measuring 5 weeks. Today I have heavy bleeding (spotting for a few days) and my pregnancy tests are getting lighter. All pregnancy symptoms are now gone too.

I'm devastated. This baby was not planned but was so wanted. I was shocked and surprised when I first learnt I was pregnant, I was even scared. But I loved that baby instantly. DH never wanted a third baby so this was kind of a lucky break for me as I had dreamt of having a third child. Now that has been taken away from me and he will be having a vasectomy.

This is my third angel. It doesn't get any easier. A loss is a loss and it hurts. I have two beautiful children who I am so grateful to have, but I will never forget those who never made it.

My heart aches

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm very sorry for your loss! Please take some time for yourself to process it all and mourn your baby. I know it's soon but perhaps sit down and have a good talk to DH about what you want and need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm very sorry for your loss. Please go easy on yourself and rest up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default My precious angel baby

So sorry. Be kind on yourself and whatever you and DH do take time to talk it over first xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm so sorry. All angel babies are precious xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am so sorry for your loss! It's never easy to go through this! Please look after yourself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you everyone. I still can't believe we were unexpectedly given this little miracle to only have it taken away so quickly. As horrible as this sounds, I ended up passing the majority of it today and I'm now left with light period bleeding. Just wish it never came to this

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have been in your exact same position and its just awful. I totally understand the sentiment of why were we given an unexpected little miracle and only to have it taken away.

I have 2 children via IVF and desperately wanted a 3rd, however DH was adamant that he only wanted 2. Unexpectedly I fell pregnant naturally and despite being so so so so sick with morning sickness, we discovered at 9 weeks that there was no heartbeat. It was devastating.

We still had 5 frozen embryos at that stage and as much as I tried to talk DH into trying for a 3rd baby, he was still adamant that he only ever wanted 2 kids and if an unexpected pregnancy resulted in a 3rd child he would have loved it unconditionally, however he would not agree to intentionally trying for a 3rd.

in the end I told DH to have a vasectomy because in all honestly I wanted to fall pregnant and found myself monitoring my cycle in the hope of another pregnancy and that would not have been fair to DH. Neither of us was right in our desire for the number of children we wanted and unfortunately i was the one who had to 'give in'.

It took me a long time to get over it and in fact i spent about 18 months grieving for what I didnt have rather than being thankful for what i did have.

Three and a half years down the track I no longer think about it constantly or wish for a 3rd, but certainly there is the odd little pang or sigh when i see families with 3 kids around the ages that my family would be.

I send you much love because I know what a sad time this is for you.