+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I remember eyeing off the Yumbox last year! I believe from memory there was a bit of a shortage last year because they were so popular.

I think I'll get one this year
    They recently re-stocked everywhere! I'd get in fast though. We got one for DS kindy this year and it's really good (so it would want to be for $40!). He actually gets excited about lunch now and DH and I are thinking of getting one each for work, lol.

You do have to cut up everything really small though (for the bento style, think has about 6 sections?). If packing a sandwich I have to cut into 6 squares and split between 2 sections. It's great for cut fruit, veges etc. I've also been cutting up cheese, Salami sticks, made mini banana muffins, date balls, etc. Yet to find a healthy cracker small enough, I might need to make my own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I got dd one of these. Her mt can go in the bottom and lunch in the top compartment. I would like to buy one of the bento style ones but I love buying containers and anything kitchen really (i also have a stationary addiction) and if i bought one of the compartment lunch boxes i wouldnt be able to use many containers 😄
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnygirl79 View Post
    They recently re-stocked everywhere! I'd get in fast though. We got one for DS kindy this year and it's really good (so it would want to be for $40!). He actually gets excited about lunch now and DH and I are thinking of getting one each for work, lol.

You do have to cut up everything really small though (for the bento style, think has about 6 sections?). If packing a sandwich I have to cut into 6 squares and split between 2 sections. It's great for cut fruit, veges etc. I've also been cutting up cheese, Salami sticks, made mini banana muffins, date balls, etc. Yet to find a healthy cracker small enough, I might need to make my own.
    I've done some browsing and it appears there are a few stores that have them in stock (yay!).

I think the Yumbox will suit DS well, considering he eats mostly cut up salad items and crackers (won't eat sandwiches).

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453079381.552832.jpg

We've got a yumbox and I put it in a medium fridge to go cooler bag that fits the banana, yoghurt and apple, this is heaps of food for her and she generally doesn't finish it, but on the days I pack less typically she's starving 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Reveal. ... Your kids lunch box

I've got the yumbox as well but found its a lot smaller than the planetbox ( DS eats lots!) so I'm keeping it for afternoon tea snacks or excursions

Thanks
    Reviews
    It definitely is smaller than some and when dd gets bigger she will have a go green, my DS will likely start with a go green because he eats far more than she does but I do find I can squeeze a fair bit in there

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PipersMummy For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Poppy View Post
    I got dd one of these. Her mt can go in the bottom and lunch in the top compartment. I would like to buy one of the bento style ones but I love buying containers and anything kitchen really (i also have a stationary addiction) and if i bought one of the compartment lunch boxes i wouldnt be able to use many containers ������
    Both of my girls have the smiggle one's like this. I put a sandwich and their brain food (aka...sip 'n' crunch food) in the top and anything else for play time and lunch time in the bottom. Both girls know that they have to eat their brain food at first break and their other lunch item at from the top section for lunch time and anything else they can take or leave.

I also went out and brought 12 containers of exactly the same size, with the same lids so every morning when I do lunches there is no stress of finding containers and lids that match. The containers are big enough for chopped fruit or dry biscuits or a piece of cake/protein ball etc and they stack perfectly in the lunch box along with a freezer brick.

oh and the best thing, I chuck them in the washing machine regularly and they wash up perfectly and dry overnight.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlsRock For This Useful Post:

Purple Poppy  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlsRock View Post
    Both of my girls have the smiggle one's like this. I put a sandwich and their brain food (aka...sip 'n' crunch food) in the top and anything else for play time and lunch time in the bottom. Both girls know that they have to eat their brain food at first break and their other lunch item at from the top section for lunch time and anything else they can take or leave.

I also went out and brought 12 containers of exactly the same size, with the same lids so every morning when I do lunches there is no stress of finding containers and lids that match. The containers are big enough for chopped fruit or dry biscuits or a piece of cake/protein ball etc and they stack perfectly in the lunch box along with a freezer brick.

oh and the best thing, I chuck them in the washing machine regularly and they wash up perfectly and dry overnight.
    This is good to hear! I bought Smiggle lunchboxes for my kids this year. I use containers for their food and liked the size of the Smiggle lunchbox.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

GirlsRock  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sajimum View Post
    Attachment 77603

I bought this one for DD. We will use a fridge to go bag to keep it cold.

I was undecided about 1 big lunch box or lots of little containers. Hopefully this works okay, but if not I plan on using it for myself!
    Lunch bots are really good. My husband has this one and the launch planet box for his lunches. I have the Quattro lunch bot (so four spaces) for DS's snacks etc when we got out. We've had them for over 3 years now and they've been dropped a million times and have barely a mark!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to binnielici For This Useful Post:

sajimum  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No pics, but we use PlanetBox (got them from Biome). I wasn't sure due to size and price (I needed to buy 4!!), but I did it and they are AMAZING!

They fit more than enough food for my bottomless pits, and are just so easy to clean and use. Love them. Definitely worth the money if you can spare it. We used them for a full year and still look brand new. They will last MANY more years I reckon!