+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    We use the Smash insulated box ones. I like to get the ones with the mesh pocket so I can pop a frozen brick in there in summer. They are great and hold heaps. I then buy little containers for fruit for Crunch & Sip.

There are some things with the kids for school I will spend decent amounts for like shoes. But having older kids, they bore with their lunch boxes. I also find the expensive ones don't hold very much. Fine for a preppie/kinder kid but later not so much.

Each to their own though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have a yumbox for DS (he is almost 3 though and eats small amounts). I have the 'bento' style and also the other one that fits a sandwich.

It's a good size for him. I will be getting him a bigger one when he starts school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My salad goes into a plastic container, tin of tuna, apple, bottle of water all in the bag, thrown into the fridge
    I secretly bought the fancy lunchbox to insulate my food a little bit, because the fridge nearly freezes everything it's so cold! Frozen salad isn't the nicest

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    My salad goes into a plastic container, tin of tuna, apple, bottle of water all in the bag, thrown into the fridge
    I spent so much time getting an awesome lunchbox for DS. I put my food in whatever. So need to get myself a nice lunchbox.

I have a niceish lunch bag (the insulated one but I need the nice lunchbox to go in it).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I LOVE these ones
    https://www.bigw.com.au/product/sist...0000000077039/

Compartments for fruit on the top. plus a frozen water bottle compartment on top.
    They fit nicely into cooler bags and the bottom is big enough (but not too big) to fit lunch in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    We go through lunchboxes like water here.
    It's not about which one is "right", so much as which is the cheapest- as they lose them so often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    My Aunty got my kids the go green ones for Christmas...
    Attachment 77588tAttachment 77589Attachment 77590
    I have just ordered these ones for my kids

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Californication View Post
    @Mod-Degrassi, we've been using the Yumbox for lunches for school and DC. They are awesome. There's a sandwich and bento style and they hold a decent amount of food in them. They are $40 I think, but they are pretty tough. Bit scratched up, but nothing has broken and they've had a year of solid use.
    I remember eyeing off the Yumbox last year! I believe from memory there was a bit of a shortage last year because they were so popular.

I think I'll get one this year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Degrassi View Post
    I remember eyeing off the Yumbox last year! I believe from memory there was a bit of a shortage last year because they were so popular.

I think I'll get one this year
    There always seems to be a shortage lol. I was on wait lists to get one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I had to wait about a month for my new ones. I bought one of the old bento ones 3 years ago for DS, and needed more when DD went to DC. He now has a roll/sandwich so have 2 bento and 2 panino. I stocked up when I could as she is in kindy this year, so needed 2 of each incase they both want rolls or "bits" on the same day! The new colours are awesome. I've been eyeing off the ones with stars on them.