+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Ha ha - I am thinking about doing a lunch box blog as most of my friends and SIL want ideas and I do have the time so might look into it
    God please!!!!

I already know your theme. "Meal planning on the run".

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Not my little fuss bum. She only eats 3 fruits - mango, watermelon and strawberry (pear too but she won't bite a whole pear, it has to be cut and peeled) so I need containers that won't leak for transporting pre cut fruit.
    Oh depending on the fruit i have it will sometimes be precut fruit like grapes, strawberries or watermelon in which case I use the snack sized containers which have never leaked. Bananas and apples I'll throw on top

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids all like different style lunchboxes...but my budget is $15 per lunchbox, because I can't even justify spending $100 on a lunchbox for myself...let alone to go to school where it won't be handled with the type of care a $100 lunchbox deserves to get! My kids haven't lost a lunchbox, but I've seen them dumped near their school bag, rather than in it regularly...and then watched as a couple of classrooms of kids come trampling over the top of them. I wuld become a psychopath control freak if that was happening to such an expensive lunchbox

My kids are also not very focused on what their food is doing when they're eating with friends, and they sit on benches to eat at their school. I could so see them dropping their lunch box and losing all of their food for the day. The amount of times my kids have come home and told me they missed out on eating x because they dropped it/spilled it is often enough that I'd be packing containers of extra food in their bags for the 'just in case' times.

My kids are satisfied with Smash and nude foods lunch boxes. It's all about the style and colours for them, for me, it's all about fitting all their food in

ETA - this is not a dig at anyone who does buy their kids expensive Bento style lunchboxes..I just know that for my kids it's not worth the money, and it's way out of our budget (all my money goes to buying school hats and jumpers . There's enough people out there who seem to really love them, though
    Last edited by Full House; 18-01-2016 at 07:49.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Nemmi1987  (18-01-2016),SoThisIsLove  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I didn't even know there were $114 lunch boxes until this thread!

I'm so classy that my lunch usually gets thrown into a plastic bag then chucked into the fridge at work

7. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (19-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    DS takes the Goodbyn small meal & Goodbyn snack lunch boxes to preschool (the preschool like morning tea and lunch to be separated).

I want to get a larger bento style lunchbox for this year. That's a project I need to get onto!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    I didn't even know there were $114 lunch boxes until this thread!

I'm so classy that my lunch usually gets thrown into a plastic bag then chucked into the fridge at work
    I splurged this year and bought myself a $12 Smash lunch bag thing that looks like a bag. I feel so fancy now, well at least until I take out the containers with my kids names written in black permanent marker (cause labels come off, but permanent marker doesn't!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default Reveal. ... Your kids lunch box

Quote Originally Posted by Full House View Post
    I splurged this year and bought myself a $12 Smash lunch bag thing that looks like a bag. I feel so fancy now, well at least until I take out the containers with my kids names written in black permanent marker (cause labels come off, but permanent marker doesn't!)
    My salad goes into a plastic container, tin of tuna, apple, bottle of water all in the bag, thrown into the fridge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Mod-Degrassi, we've been using the Yumbox for lunches for school and DC. They are awesome. There's a sandwich and bento style and they hold a decent amount of food in them. They are $40 I think, but they are pretty tough. Bit scratched up, but nothing has broken and they've had a year of solid use.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Californication For This Useful Post:

Mod-Degrassi  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453069796.382639.jpg

I bought this one for DD. We will use a fridge to go bag to keep it cold.

I was undecided about 1 big lunch box or lots of little containers. Hopefully this works okay, but if not I plan on using it for myself!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    My Aunty got my kids the go green ones for Christmas...
    Attachment 77588tAttachment 77589Attachment 77590
    The go green ones were next on my list! I was just worried they would be too big/heavy for my DD (Prep). I was also worried about overfilling because it's big! I might get one when she is a bit older though. Do you like them?