+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    My poor children are getting ripped off How do you girls find the time to bake all this stuff??

I think most kids just like a wrap/sanger, some fruit, maybe a homemade muffin and a packet of chips EM so just see how he goes. DS1 would eat the whole contents of those bento things at recess
    Well don't forget often when you bake you're making like 1-2 dozen things at a time. I might bake twice a month and I have a freezer stuffed full of baked goods.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I like to bake and I can make the time and as I said, DD will not eat a sanga.
    I'm sure your children don't feel ripped off at all.
    Sorry if that sounds defensive but you get a bit over the comments after a while - just trying to feed my kids people! Move along!
    Sometimes, hell most of the time baking and freezing saves me huge time when it comes to getting out the door on time. So for me it's not so much about giving different or fancy foods it's about one less thing to worry about. Even our sandwich are made in bulk and frozen.
    So lunch are grab a piece of fruit and something out of the freezer and we are out the door.

No tuck shop at our school either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I would love my kids to eat home made food for lunch but they hate anything that's been frozen then defrosted. All of them! They can even tell with bread - and that's after I've toasted it.

Drives me insane. I used to happily bake muffins and scrolls Sunday afternoon. Great for lunch on Monday. Meh on Tuesday and "no freakin way 😝" by Wednesday!
    Yeah I don't even know why lunchbox content is such a hot topic of conversation among women. Does my head it TBH!
    End of the day, we're all trying to feed our kids and what they like, we like, what our lives are like vary so much.
    I feel like I've got my grump on - blood test tomorrow so getting anxious.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Yeah I don't even know why lunchbox content is such a hot topic of conversation among women. Does my head it TBH!
    End of the day, we're all trying to feed our kids and what they like, we like, what our lives are like vary so much.
    Good luck with the blood test.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Sometimes, hell most of the time baking and freezing saves me huge time when it comes to getting out the door on time. So for me it's not so much about giving different or fancy foods it's about one less thing to worry about. Even our sandwich are made in bulk and frozen.
    So lunch are grab a piece of fruit and something out of the freezer and we are out the door.

No tuck shop at our school either.
    Our kids school only has lunch orders and tuck shop (recess) on Fridays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry . I just wanted ideas my mental health is such my motivation and creativity are somewhat lacking, so I thought this would be an easy way of getting ideas. There have been some fantastic ones

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    Sorry . I just wanted ideas my mental health is such my motivation and creativity are somewhat lacking, so I thought this would be an easy way of getting ideas. There have been some fantastic ones

Will be thinking of you tomorrow
    Oh chick, so wasn't you! I just hate how these threads seem to always end the same way and I just have a bug up my bum tonight.
    I'll get that meatball recipe to you - and I get the mental health thing too.
    I think it's awesome what you are doing

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

Mod-biscotti  (17-01-2016),PomPoms  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There's some great ideas on here! My dd would eat a vegemite sandwich for lunch every day if I let her. But she has recently started to eat mini quiches and liked them, so I have something to expand on ;-) for those of you that make rice paper rolls- is there a way to keep them fresh for a couple of days?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    One thing I make for dinner is cornflake chicken. I get chicken tenderloins, flour and egg them, then dip in cornflake crumbs. You then bake them in the oven. I give them a light spray with oil first. I sometimes add garlic powder to the cornflakes as well. They are really yummy for lunch the next day cold.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to IncyWincy For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by IncyWincy View Post
    There's some great ideas on here! My dd would eat a vegemite sandwich for lunch every day if I let her. But she has recently started to eat mini quiches and liked them, so I have something to expand on ;-) for those of you that make rice paper rolls- is there a way to keep them fresh for a couple of days?
    We usually have them for dinner and then the kids have them in their lunchbox the next day. I probably wouldn't keep them another day, but I am super fussy with left overs.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

IncyWincy  (17-01-2016)