+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveLivesHere View Post
    Omg I hate it when teachers do this. Having kids with aspergers and feeding issues. Just leave what I pack a bloody lone. Yes it might not be the healthiest thing in the bloody world but I know they will eat it. When it a choice between eating something and not eating at all. I choose eating what the parent provides.
    Yeah I find the comments a bit disappointing sometimes - DD has been told that she's a bit spoiled because she gets a non sandwich/wrap everyday for lunch when really, she will not eat a sandwich and TBH, batch cooking and freezing some staples once and week/fortnight isn't that much effort. And yeh, poor DS1 was pretty sure he was going to die for a while there!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

LoveLivesHere  (17-01-2016),PomPoms  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default School Lunch Box Ideas!

My SIL and sister say I'm wasting my time with his lunches as he will probably want what the other kids have so I'm in kindy mum denial and just hoping it lasts longer than I think! He hates vegemite and most sandwiches so would doubt he would ask for that and he really loves his food but I suppose it all depends what the other kids have!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I try and do something different each day. We usually go between ; mountain bread wraps
    Chicken drumsticks or meatballs with a salad
    Chicken Caesar salad
    Zucchini slice
    Sushi
    Cottage pie
    Fried rice
    Egg muffins.

I then make up batches of snacks so a few kinds of bliss balls, muffins, brownies (made out of cacao and oats), and boil eggs every few days.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to BabyG4 For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (17-01-2016)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My SIL and sister say I'm wasting my time with his lunches as he will probably want what the other kids have so I'm in kindy mum denial and just hoping it lasts longer than I think! He hates vegemite and most sandwiches so would doubt he would ask for that and he really loves his food but I suppose it all depends what the other kids have!
    Remember as well that for a little while at least he won't eat much at all- they get too distracted by friends etc. I'd pack simpler for a little while and see how he goes or all those delicious meals will go to waste!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Elijahs Mum  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    My girls still love all their homemade stuff! DD1 (8) friends always comment to me that they want what she's having for lunch. Even her teachers have asked if I can make them lunch I'm sure if he's used to eating a certain way, he'll be happy to stick to it. I try make my girls lunches clean and lower carb for medical and health reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    It's fascinating working on canteen. There were several months last year where almost half of the year 6 girls were ordering a plain whole meal bread roll every day. No butter. And nothing else. Not sure if it was in addition to their home lunches.

I hadn't appreciated how peer influences hit girls at what they eat from such a young age.
    That's really sad. It hurts to think that might be my DD one day 😔

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd loves fruit so that part is easy. The other stuff is hit and miss whether or not she eats it.
    Some things I have packed:
    Crackers and cow cheese
    Sandwich with either ham and cheese, vegemite and butter, jam and butter
    Crackers or rice cakes and tinned tuna
    scrambled egg
    Sometimes wraps with ham
    Cherry tomato

I also usually pack a snack such as shapes, le snak, pop corn.
    And as a treat plus to give me a break dd gets a lunch order once a week.

Ds will be starting kindy so hopefully he won't be too fussy.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

PomPoms  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    My poor children are getting ripped off How do you girls find the time to bake all this stuff??

I think most kids just like a wrap/sanger, some fruit, maybe a homemade muffin and a packet of chips EM so just see how he goes. DS1 would eat the whole contents of those bento things at recess

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    My poor children are getting ripped off How do you girls find the time to bake all this stuff??

I think most kids just like a wrap/sanger, some fruit, maybe a homemade muffin and a packet of chips. DS1 would eat the whole contents of those bento things at recess
    I like to bake and I can make the time and as I said, DD will not eat a sanga.
    I'm sure your children don't feel ripped off at all.
    Sorry if that sounds defensive but you get a bit over the comments after a while - just trying to feed my kids people! Move along!

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (18-01-2016),Elijahs Mum  (17-01-2016),LoveLivesHere  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week

Default School Lunch Box Ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    I like to bake and I can make the time and as I said, DD will not eat a sanga.
    I'm sure your children don't feel ripped off at all.
    Sorry if that sounds defensive but you get a bit over the comments after a while - just trying to feed my kids people! Move along!
    I would love my kids to eat home made food for lunch but they hate anything that's been frozen then defrosted. All of them! They can even tell with bread - and that's after I've toasted it.

Drives me insane. I used to happily bake muffins and scrolls Sunday afternoon. Great for lunch on Monday. Meh on Tuesday and "no freakin way 😝" by Wednesday!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

misskittyfantastico  (17-01-2016)