+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Errrr so things have changed since I was at school and the staple was a vegemite sanga and an apple. Yikes. Luckily I've got another 5 years before DD starts school. I need to learn how to cook.
    Revolt with me and pack the vegemite. This "my lunchbox is better than your lunchbox" is .... Well... I'll refrain 😂

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ElizaDoLittle For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I wouldn't stress about the home made meals. Depending on your kid they're just as likely to want whatever their best friend has anyway. I've also had mine complain that their lunches are "too fancy".

So yep now it's a sandwich and fruit and some crackers. Nothing else gets eaten.
    So true! I WISH DD would eat a bloody sandwich! And my big two don't eat vegemite (weirdos) DS1 did have ham and sauce sangas on a regular basis in year two but his health teacher told him they would hurt his body!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ElizaDoLittle View Post
    Revolt with me and pack the vegemite. This "my lunchbox is better than your lunchbox" is .... Well... I'll refrain ������
    Is it like "Myyy lunchbox brings all the boys in the yard and they're like it's better than yours..."

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

azelqra  (17-01-2016),binnielici  (18-01-2016),ElizaDoLittle  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    So true! I WISH DD would eat a bloody sandwich! And my big two don't eat vegemite (weirdos) DS1 did have ham and sauce sangas on a regular basis in year two but his health teacher told him they would hurt his body!
    It's fascinating working on canteen. There were several months last year where almost half of the year 6 girls were ordering a plain whole meal bread roll every day. No butter. And nothing else. Not sure if it was in addition to their home lunches.

I hadn't appreciated how peer influences hit girls at what they eat from such a young age.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (17-01-2016),misskittyfantastico  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mine had vegemite sandwichs or ham and cheese for all of last year. They got eaten 50% of the time. When I am motivated and make them nicer lunches they do eat them....e.g rice paper rolls, zucchini slice, vegemite scrolls

So I want to put more effort in this year. I'm not trying to outdo anyone

9. The Following User Says Thank You to PomPoms For This Useful Post:

tootsiegirl  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post
    Mine had vegemite sandwichs or ham and cheese for all of last year. They got eaten 50% of the time. When I am motivated and make them nicer lunches they do eat them....e.g rice paper rolls, zucchini slice, vegemite scrolls

Sorry in reread your OP and no I don't think you are either.

I definitely think there's no harm in aiming high with good food and wanting to give your kids more. I was also just saying that simple is ok too.

Whatever works for everyone 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tootsiegirl View Post
    I would seriously buy your cook book if you had one... 👍👍👍

Do you have recipes for the salmon noodle salad and the mini chicken drumettes? Do you yoghurt coat the goji berries yourself? AND...my boy lives olives too....do you know much about their healthfulness/ones to steer clear of etc.?

Sorry to bombard you☺️
    DS could eat buckets of olives in one go if I let him ( I hate them!) black have more nutrients than green so I tend to go with those, the only downfall is the salt so if I buy a jar one I find they have more salt so I rinse those first otherwise I get the black kalamattas from the deli and try limit him to a small handful

I get my butcher to make the chicken drumettes from the wing, I make a crumb from a cup of orgran quinoa flakes ( or their corn flakes) a teaspoon of chia seeds, 1/4 cup grated cheese and a handful of baby spinach and pulse in a food processor then just crumb them with egg wash and bake in oven until cooked about 45 mins

The salmon is just grill/steam/bake a salmon fillet and once cooled, flake it into a bowl of cooked rice noodles and add grated carrot, chopped fresh coriander , thinly sliced capsicum strips and I make a dressing of olive oil, lime juice and sweet chilli sauce

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

tootsiegirl  (18-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by misskittyfantastico View Post
    Omg I hate it when teachers do this. Having kids with aspergers and feeding issues. Just leave what I pack a bloody lone. Yes it might not be the healthiest thing in the bloody world but I know they will eat it. When it a choice between eating something and not eating at all. I choose eating what the parent provides.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to LoveLivesHere For This Useful Post:

Carpe diem 2013  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonja View Post
    I wouldn't stress about the home made meals. Depending on your kid they're just as likely to want whatever their best friend has anyway. I've also had mine complain that their lunches are "too fancy".

So yep now it's a sandwich and fruit and some crackers. Nothing else gets eaten.
    Im the same, i keep it simple, a healthy sandwich on rye bread and just try and mix up the fillings a bit, 2 pieces of fruit and a snack like rice cakes, pretzels etc.

I cant see myself getting too fancy packing 5 lunches a week

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by PomPoms View Post

I think/hope we were all being a bit tongue in cheek with the lunchbox thing

17. The Following User Says Thank You to misskittyfantastico For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (18-01-2016)