+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hair colour/ style inspiration

I currently have medium to long length mousey brown hair and I'm so bored with it!! Most days I wear it in a messy mum bun.

I have an appointment this Thursday for a cut and a colour and I'm thinking of lightening it up with some highlights and maybe taking some length off.

But I want to find the perfect length where it's long enough that I can still easily tie it all back but short enough hat it's fairly easy to style if I want to wear it out? Is this even possible?

Would love some ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    A long angled bob?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mine's cut just above the shoulders and layered with long layers. It goes up fairly easily, but the bits at the front do fall out if I don't put a bobby pin in each side. Having said that, it's not usually a lot that falls out, and I tuck it behind my ears if I forget the bobby pins.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just had my hair cut and coloured before xmas from long darkish brown with highlights to a bob above my shoulders in a soft blonde with slightly darker tones (natural colour is light/medium brown) and slightly darker roots so lighter ends.
    My hair is wavy but with the shorter style it's quite curly with some curling product in so most days I wash, let it dry naturally to let the curls spring up. I can also blow dry and straighten for something different. It works equally well straight or curly. I can put it up easily, short bits underneath fall out a bit. I have a slightly shorter fringe so I usually clip that back day to day.
    I'm loving it as when it was long (bra strap length) I could only wear it down if blow dried and straightened and I have a 6 month old DD so no time, energy, motivation lol and she now pulls my hair.
    So glad I chopped it and changed colour it feels so refreshed and surprisingly low maintenance 😀 it's been 6 weeks already and looks fine still.
    I did a quick search and this pic is probably closest to what I have both cut and colour wise ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1453022631.667421.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

Ngaiz  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by gingermillie View Post
    I just had my hair cut and coloured before xmas from long darkish brown with highlights to a bob above my shoulders in a soft blonde with slightly darker tones (natural colour is light/medium brown) and slightly darker roots so lighter ends.
    My hair is wavy but with the shorter style it's quite curly with some curling product in so most days I wash, let it dry naturally to let the curls spring up. I can also blow dry and straighten for something different. It works equally well straight or curly. I can put it up easily, short bits underneath fall out a bit. I have a slightly shorter fringe so I usually clip that back day to day.
    I'm loving it as when it was long (bra strap length) I could only wear it down if blow dried and straightened and I have a 6 month old DD so no time, energy, motivation lol and she now pulls my hair.
    So glad I chopped it and changed colour it feels so refreshed and surprisingly low maintenance 😀 it's been 6 weeks already and looks fine still.
    I did a quick search and this pic is probably closest to what I have both cut and colour wise Attachment 77584
    That's gorgeous!

I always wondered how people thought 'short' hair was less maintenance but that makes sense

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sallybea View Post
    That's gorgeous!

I always wondered how people thought 'short' hair was less maintenance but that makes sense
    Yes I was a bit worried about that aspect but honestly I never even wore my hair down when it was long as I could not be bothered/had no time/it got in the way. Now I can easily wash and wear down with zero effort and it looks cute or pull it back when I'm hot and bothered or once in a blue moon blow dry it and style it properly.
    My brand spanking new hairdresser and colorist picked the cut and colour purposefully so that it wouldn't need much day to day maintenance but also that I could go 3-4 months between visits without it looking terrible in terms of style/regrowth. I'm having a cut in 2 weeks (will be 8 weeks since I had it done) but no time for a colour so I'll get that done again at 3-4 month mark. Couldn't be happier it's given me a real lift which I desperately needed 😀

8. The Following User Says Thank You to gingermillie For This Useful Post:

sallybea  (18-01-2016)