+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Finding strength today

I've had a big couple of days.

- Moved interstate Friday/Saturday, and left behind a fantastic support network, who all know about my PND, and are wonderfully non-judgemental.
    - New house is filthy, like not even a normal weekly clean done, let alone an end of lease clean. The garage door was not working, and then completely broke before it was fully closed. There is no key for the back door. The previous tenant pulled apart the cold water plumbing in the laundry. Can't do anything about any of it til Monday. And living in a mess stresses me out, so moving itself is bad enough.
    - DS hasn't slept properly in a month, but the last week has been particularly terrible.
    - I've lost my script and my anti depressants in the move and you are not supposed to stop taking them suddenly. It's making me spacey, dizzy and lethargic.

In addition to the above, my uncle collapsed yesterday. He was taken to hospital by ambulance because they suspected a stroke. They've just completed testing and discovered a large mass in his brain, which they are sure is cancerous. He's got some intensive radiation treatment to try and shrink the tumor before brain surgery on Thursday.

I've been working hard on keeping the anxiety under control lately, but all of my relaxation stuff is in boxes somewhere, and I don't even have milk to have a cup of tea! Any suggestions on what to do/where to start to calm down and stay calm is much appreciated. I'm struggling to think clearly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    First your meds

The local hospital can usually give you one day at a time till you get your script replaced

3. The Following User Says Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

Tiny Dancer  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveTTC View Post
    First your meds

The local hospital can usually give you one day at a time till you get your script replaced
    I agree. Take care of yourself. Get a home dr or to any GP asap.

Hugs. Moving sucks at the best of times let alone all the additional stuff you are dealing with.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to twinklify For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Big hugs. Sounds like a lot to deal with.

Here's my suggestions, for what it is worth. The first thing to do is breathe. Deep calming breaths. Think to yourself "Am I safe?" and or "am I in immediate danger? " if you are safe, then you will be ok.

Next write yourself a list of all the issues that are bothering you, and see if you can assign responsibility and time frames for resolving them. Don't make everything your responsibility to fix, and don't put time frames for all the issues today! 😉 If all you can do today is look after your DS' s basic needs, and get dressed, that's ok.

Be gentle with yourself.

XXX

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy Camper For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Having no idea where you are and what is close it may be goodjust to take some chill time. Take yourself and DS out. Get a take away cup of tea an find a 'nice park', bit of creek / river frontage or the like and just soak up the day (hope its not raining where you are)

Tell yourself its ok to have some time off. The work wont run away. Moving is stress enough for most without all the other tuff you mention.

Enjoy your son, watch him and smile. He'll make you feel good. Asuming he is young. Lol

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (17-01-2016),Tiny Dancer  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If the budget allows, go stay in a nice clean hotel for a couple of days until the agent has the repairs and clean done of your house.

Go out for morning tea / lunch and et someone else to make that cup of tea for you.

And yes, try very hard to get your meds.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    In regarfd to your medication. A pharmacy can legally give you 3 days emergency supply withouy a prescription but you have to pay full price. Take the box you have so they can see the label.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

binnielici  (17-01-2016),rosey82  (17-01-2016),Tiny Dancer  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone. On my way to an appointment at the after hours GP.
    @DaveTTC, it is raining here 😁 DS is 14 months, and a little monkey. I need to buy gates for the stairs so he won't give me a heart attack every 5 seconds. @babyno1onboard - never would have thought about staying at a hotel! Unfortunately our budget won't quite stretch that far, and since the garage is broken, a lot of our stuff is not secure. We need to be there. I've been slowly working on getting my bedroom and DS's room into a normal state, so at least I have somewhere to relax. DH has been frantically organising downstairs, since he knows I can't relax while it's the way it is. I will definitely go out for lunch after my appointment.
    @Ngaiz, I didn't know that! That's good to know if I ever need it again. Does it work if I can't actually find the box? I am not actually sure where it is. It isn't where I thought it was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Happy Camper - thank you for the practical suggestions on my anxiety. I'm struggling without my normal methods. That immediate need moment is hard to manage at the moment.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny Dancer For This Useful Post:

Happy Camper  (17-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The pharmacist need to be able to establish that you do indeed take the medication. Sometimes we will call the patients previous pharmacy to check their dispensing history. It's not difficult to do but of course, a few don't want to go out of their way to help and will charge a lot for the 'inconvenience'.
    Also, antidepressants shouldn't be a problem but if it's something for anxiety (Diazepam for example), many would be reluctant and err on the side caution.