+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changing 1yo sleeping habits

I have 4yo & 1yo DDs. 4yo has slept through since sleep school when she was 1yo - we have a referral again for sleep school however I am drowning & am so exhausted in the mean time & need to change something. She has slept through the night before, at about 9mo of age but has progressively gotten worse and worse. She now wakes 2 hourly, sleeps in our bed and wakes up at 6:00am no matter when she goes to bed, for instance she fell asleep after crying with overtiredness at 9pm but is still up now at 6. We don't have a routine, which I know I need to implement but I don't even know where to start. I want to get her back into her cot, down at a reasonable hour & waking less frequently. Feeding to sleep no longer works.

Help 😩

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Masada sleep school booklet that helped me with my little lady. I didn't go to sleep school but another lady shared the booklet with me and it gave me some ideas on settling techniques and routines. Pm me your email address and I can email it to you for some ideas. It did help and my girl is sleeping through now with a good routine and consistency with bed times meals etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi FuddyMum I can't seem to PM you, could you PM me please?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would start with a good daytime routine. We implemented one at 1yo with my baby - 3 breastfeeds a day (firat thing in morning, before day nap, & before night bed) & regular meal times - brekkie, morning tea, lunch, aftetnoon tea (usually 2x) &dinner - at semi-regular times. A nap at about 12 noon, & I wake her after 2 hours. A regular bed time - between 7-8pm. I started waking her by 7am if she wasnt up yet, no matter how much I wanted to have her asleep - so we had a regular wake time each day. Then I workes on settling/ night feeds - we are still getting there, but she usually settlea by 8pm, I do a little feed at 10pm (a 'dream feed'), & she usually goes through to 7am. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Changing 1yo sleeping habits

Just letting you know I have messaged you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Where to start? A couple of tips below.

* solids - is bub eating enough (3x meals per day with plenty of protein and carbs). If not bub could be hungry.
    * day sleep - is it time to go from one to two sleeps?
    * going to sleep. Try and have 20 mins active play between a milk feed and bed. If bub is aided to sleep (milk, patting, music, dummy) bub is less likely to be able to self settle during the night (hence frequent wakings). Try to put bub to bed drowsy but awake.

Good luck!