+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Me too, I love it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have the target brand video monitor i think its approx $100
    Ive used it for 2 babies and never had an issue, the night vision is great, very clear.

I have only just stopped using it last week as DS is now 2.9 & in a bed so we had to rearrange his room and cant find a suitable place to put it where he cant reach it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thanks. Got the oricom in the end because is on sale.

Does anyone find the thermometer inaccurate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK. So i got the oricom sc710 with a lot of recommedations here. For those who owned it, do you have problem with the VOX? I was using this function a lot while DS wasn't a good sleeper so we would go in to resettle him when the alarm went off. I have it at 3 bar. Now, he has slept through with some interrupts with the dummy. He will go back to sleep once he finds his dummy. A few seconds whining/complaining. To not disturb our sleep, I have set the bar to 4 now. That's only wake us if he is really crying. The last few nights have been a nightmare. The VOX was activated with slight disturbance. Sometime randomly when DS was actually still asleep. He was sleeping through last night but i wasn't!

I read the reviews of an older model and it seems to be a known issue? Does anyone have the same problem? I have contacted oricom but havent heard back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have this monitor and I think the vox works the other way around? As in 1 bar is least sensitive and 4 bars is most sensitive? I have ours set to 1 or 2, takes a lot of noise to set it off on 1 bar.

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I didn't even know it had these settings!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have to read again because I remember it is the other way around (intuitive wise) when I first used it. So I thought 5 bar is less sensitive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bbhope View Post
    I have to read again because I remember it is the other way around (intuitive wise) when I first used it. So I thought 5 bar is less sensitive.
    I just had a quick look in the manual @bbhope and 5 bars is the most sensitive so turn it down to 1-2 bars and you should solve your problem here is the page from the manual online
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1468230572.138140.jpg

hakuna matata is offline The artist formerly know as babyhopeful
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Gosh that's helpful! I was proud of myself for figuring out how to turn the darn vibration off at around 3am one morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    haha..the vibration made me jump off the bed!
    @gingermillie; thanks. I don't know where DH put the box and the manual so i couldn't look. Ds is finally in bed and you save my time looking on the net. My brain must have work differently. LOL. I thought the VOX bar setting is acting the same as the light up bar. The louder the cry, the more bar being lighted up. Duh. OK, will give 2 bar a go. Hmmm.....i think i might have tried 2 last night when the monitor was going off so often. I was playing on the setting up and down.