+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default What's the go when buying clothes from international online sites?

Howdy ladies,

I am hoping someone can help me. There is a beautiful American clothing site that I have always loved, ever since my girls were little, but have never bought anything due to lack of knowledge about purchasing stuff from overseas and shipping costs and customs.

I am expecting bubs no 3 and would love to order some clothes for her.

Can someone tell me much about ordering from international sites?

Thanks
    Reviews
    The US usually costs a fortune in shipping so generally not worth it.

UK sites often has free shipping so check out sites like Next direct for kids, Boden and river island. All give you AUD prices and offer free shipping.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Steph12 For This Useful Post:

Marchbundle  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Look at the site's international shipping prices. That will give you an idea.

Unless you spend more than $1000 you aren't liable for any duties or customs.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Definitely check postage costs but buying from the US can still be great.
    Especially shopping the US sales. So I would wait for sales (Black Friday, 4th of July, Easter etc) and see what prices are like. If you can get what you want really cheaply, it can make postage not seem so bad!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NancyBlackett View Post
    Look at the site's international shipping prices. That will give you an idea.

Unless you spend more than $1000 you aren't liable for any duties or customs.

Awesome to know lol, that amount wasn't in my budget lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    If you don't mind me asking, what company is it? I buy a lot of clothes for my girls from O/S, and mostly never pay shipping.

Another alternative is to get an American address that can forward it onto you, services like this for example: here

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what company is it? I buy a lot of clothes for my girls from O/S, and mostly never pay shipping.

Another alternative is to get an American address that can forward it onto you, services like this for example: here

http://www.gymboree.com/

It is Gymboree. Over the years I have looked on their website and have loved their stuff. I remember my ex husband had to travel to the states for work, Baltimore, actually, and I was like, there is a store here, can you get me this outfit please...as DD1 was a toddler and the clothes were just beautiful...now I just want to be able to buy things online lol. I have bought stuff from online in Australia before, like Ebay but never overseas....and thankyou for that link...I have book marked it.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 16-01-2016 at 15:12.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gymboree have beautiful clothes and very good quality. I don't know where you live, however there's a Gymboree store in NSW (oops, have just seen you're in Qld), apparently there was talk of opening a Gymboree in Indooroopilly, but I am still waiting!

Dh went to the States with work and he stocked up on heaps of Gymboree stuff for me. I just love how the little outfits for girls mostly always come with a matching pair of bloomers for underneath, so cute!

Hopshopgo is another mail service and at the moment they have a discount for new registrations.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Uniquey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a PO box in the USA via Hopshopgo and have been buying stuff for over 7 years now - it's still a lot cheaper even with postage than it is here , I buy most of DS clothes from Ralph Lauren or Gap even though we have stores here in Sydney the range is so much better and the prices ( especially on sale ) are way cheaper

I bought DS some Ralph Lauren jeans in the thanksgiving sales in November for $15 US dollars so aprox $22 Australian plus on average it's approx 20% on postage so now $27 Australian - they sell them at the Bondi store for $89!

I usually buy a lot twice a year as the postage is cheaper the more you buy and sometimes my sister and SIL buy things as well so even cheaper

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mod-Uniquey View Post
    Gymboree have beautiful clothes and very good quality. I don't know where you live, however there's a Gymboree store in NSW (oops, have just seen you're in Qld), apparently there was talk of opening a Gymboree in Indooroopilly, but I am still waiting!

Dh went to the States with work and he stocked up on heaps of Gymboree stuff for me. I just love how the little outfits for girls mostly always come with a matching pair of bloomers for underneath, so cute!

Hopshopgo is another mail service and at the moment they have a discount for new registrations.
    I know, their clothes are beautiful...maybe I should just stop being a scaredy cat and have a go lol.