+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Both my Bubs measured big, both were 4.2kg, heads 36-37cm, both were posterior. First one I had forceps (to rotate bub to anterior and pull out), second one I pushed her out sunny side up no assistance or drugs required. So scans were accurate for me but a tiny friend of mine was told she was having a big baby too but he ended up being 2.5kg. As pp have said your baby will most likely be the right size for you so don't get hung up about scan measurements.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a 4.005kg baby with a 37cm head who was posterior and didn't engage til the last minute. It was crazy painful but I did it drug free. I got a third degree tear but only because he also put his hand up to his face while I was pushing him out. They thought he was average size at 36 weeks haha!!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Apparently baby is in the 90th percentile!

My dh is 6ft2 and was told ds was measuring quite large. He was born 10 days overdue at 3.66kg (I would say he was small considering how overdue I was)
    I only had the gas
    Last edited by Mod-Zeddie; 24-01-2016 at 18:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD1 was 4.32kg ( 9.8pnds ) and DS2 was 4.52kg ( 10pnds ). Both born naturally, just gas, no tearing. Are you measuring ahead? DS1 we had no clue he was going to be big. DS2 I measuring 5 weeks ahead from about 32 weeks ( so at 32w I measured 37w). I had to get scans to check head to abdo ratio as abdo best indicator of shoulders and if shoulders bigger then head higher risk of shoulder dystocia. By the final was scan they predicted 4.5kg. I was determined to have him naturally and they just had ' big baby precautions ' in place. He got mild shoulder dystocia which they fixed in seconds and he spent a few hours in the nursery for breathing issues. I did loose a bit of blood but it was still all worth it. Don't let them talk you into early induct as induction alone increases the risk of shoulder dystocia even in a small baby.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks !!
    I had baby a week and a half ago.
    He did get stuck but not because of his size. I lost my waters over 18 hours before he was born and he wouldn't come down.
    Ended up being a forceps delivery after 2 epidural and losing over 2 litres of blood.
    We're okay now but it was a rough day.
    He was 8 pound at 2.5 weeks early.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Violet85 For This Useful Post:

SSecret Squirrel  (10-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet85 View Post
    Thanks !!
    I had baby a week and a half ago.
    He did get stuck but not because of his size. I lost my waters over 18 hours before he was born and he wouldn't come down.
    Ended up being a forceps delivery after 2 epidural and losing over 2 litres of blood.
    We're okay now but it was a rough day.
    He was 8 pound at 2.5 weeks early.
    Congratulations! I'm sorry the birth was a bit of a nightmare. I swear the position of these bubs is the key ingredient, not the size. No one can control that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally1981 View Post
    Congratulations! I'm sorry the birth was a bit of a nightmare. I swear the position of these bubs is the key ingredient, not the size. No one can control that!
    Thanks! Glad we're home! I had someone from PR from the hospital come and talk to me after it happened so I just be famous now. just glad bubs is okay.