+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I was told not to use any fem hygiene products like soaps, wipes etc after birth because of your stitches (if you get any). I hated it but they tell you to only rinse with water and pat dry with a towel. I had a 2nd degree tear with my first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rubber thongs to wear in the shower. Lots of blood comes out while you're showering - the same would have happened when the lady before you showered....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots of great advice here. What i didn't have enough of were baby clothes. I had a boy and he kept weeing on everything! Also because he was tiny his nappies kept leaking. I ran out of onesies fast as they kept getting wet. Even if you have a spare bag of clothes for your partner to bring in if you end up having to stay a couple of days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm almost 33 weeks along and haven't even started, haha, i better get cracking soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a very helpful thread. Great advice ladies. I don't mean to hijack, hopefully this is useful for everyone, just wondering about baby clothes - did you all take long sleeve onesies even though it's summer or some short sleeve too? I was just thinking long sleeve because it's cold in the hospital but not sure. Also, as I am booked in for a c-section so will be staying at least 4 nights....did anyone take bottles, formula etc just incase they are not successful with breastfeeding or need topping up? Do you take the steriliser in? I am so confused about this. I will be a private patient in a public hospital. Thank you. All the best to everyone x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @ampri3 if you plan to breastfeed there will be no need to buy/take in formula, bottles etc. the hospital will have formula you can use if it is medically indicated to give it to baby. If you plan to formula feed then check with your hospital as to what they recommend. We don't allow patients to bring in their own formula/bottles etc to use as we can't guarantee the sterility of them. We have single use bottles and teats plus ready made formula.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

Default Packing my hospital bag... Advice?

Double post

Thanks
    Reviews
    My top tips are dry shampoo and mascara..... two little things to help you feel a bit fresher, quickly, especially when you have lots of visitors. The dry shampoo was great, as I had a c/s and didn't want to hold my hands up for long to wash my hair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @M'LadyEm. Great advice. I will just go in there and see what happens. Fingers crossed for successful breastfeeding. Dry shampoo is a great idea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So depends on your preference and your planned length of stay.

My bag has got smaller each baby I've had. I started packing today and I have on my list
    Singlet, cardi and pj shorts. Probably won't use but incase I stay.
    Loose singlet, bra and maternity denim shorts for going home.
    2 pairs undies.
    2 maternity pads
    2 breast pads - although prob won't use them as milk hasn't come in.
    Toiletries including travel shampoo and conditioner.
    Mascara, eyebrow pencil and BB cream to make me feel like me.
    2 tins spaghetti, bag of lollies, energy drink (for DH) and coconut water for me.
    Camera including charger.
    Phone charger
    Hospital docs.
    Empty pump bottle - if you have a graze/tear you can spray warm water while you pee to reduce the burn. Used it first time round and it was amazing. Didn't need it second time.

For baby
    2 wraps
    Singlet
    Pants
    Long suit
    Tshirt onesie
    Beanie
    2 pairs socks - one for hands one for feet
    5 nappies
    Paper towel in a zip lock bag to use with water as wipes
    2 wraps

That's all. But I don't plan on staying for more than the 6 hours that they like you to stay for, and would happily be going in 4 but I know things won't be ready so I'll aim for 6. I also know that the birth centre have heaps of pads for use and if I needed it would supply ural. If I have a longer stay, I could survive with that stuff overnight and DH could bring whatever in the next day but I'm not anticipating that.