7 weeks pregnant measuring 5 weeks | Bub Hub
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 7 weeks pregnant measuring 5 weeks

Today I had my first ultrasound and I should have been 7 weeks. Instead the sonographer found an empty gestational sac measuring 5 weeks. Is all hope lost? Has anyone else been in a similar situation and gone on with a normal pregnancy?

When I look at my ultrasound image I thought I could see a yolk sac, but surely the sonographer would have picked up on it?

Feeling lost and disappointed

The image may not upload clear enough

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1452841926.781858.jpg

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hugs honey. When you say should be 7 weeks is that because you've done IVF and have an exact date or is it an estimate? Did you have a beta HCG test down around the same time?

Early scans can be difficult. You will
    Probably need another scan in 1-2 weeks and the blood tests as well.

Don't lose hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    7 weeks according to lmp date. We weren't ttc so I have no idea when I ovulated. My first positive hpt was 31/12 and it was quite strong. On 7/1 I had bloods done which came back at 780. It all seems to have progressed too slowly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There's probably a million identical threads on here with ladies that have been in similar situations. Some went on to have perfectly normal pregnancies, others didn't, it's far too early to tell.

From the little info you've given its still absolutely entirely possible that everything is just fine. A heart beat could be just days away. Did they tell you to come back in a week or 2? Are you getting more bloods done to check HCG is rising?

I know it's not nice going into a scan to see an empty sac though. Try to take your mind off it until you have some more results etc, all hope is not lost yet 😊

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sunnygirl79 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (15-01-2016),binnielici  (16-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am hoping positive thoughts for you, but about 3 years back, I had what was called a blighted ovum. I was 8 weeks measuring 6 weeks at my ultrasound and also it was an empty sac. A week or so later, my body miscarried

In saying that, when I was pregnant with my DD2, I found out when I was about 5 weeks along, and the sonographer couldn't detect a heart beat. The doctor told me it could be a missed abortion, but a couple of weeks later I was sent for another ultrasound and there was a little heartbeat.

Its only early days. You may be sent for an another ultrasound in a week or two.

I am now almost 33 weeks with my 3rd child, though it stays with you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My doctor will get the report Monday and then I'll take things from there. I hate this waiting game. I wish I knew which way this was going to go already. Thank you for the positive words and personal experiences ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mummamegs View Post
    7 weeks according to lmp date. We weren't ttc so I have no idea when I ovulated. My first positive hpt was 31/12 and it was quite strong. On 7/1 I had bloods done which came back at 780. It all seems to have progressed too slowly
    If you got a positive OPK on NYE then 5 weeks seems about right, doesn't it?

My cycles were always all over the place and I never went off LMP, if I had I would have been 1-2 weeks behind at ultrasounds.

Hugs it's a tough wait but in 1-2 weeks you will know for sure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meld85 View Post
    If you got a positive OPK on NYE then 5 weeks seems about right, doesn't it?

My cycles were always all over the place and I never went off LMP, if I had I would have been 1-2 weeks behind at ultrasounds.

Hugs it's a tough wait but in 1-2 weeks you will know for sure.
    It was a positive pregnancy test on NYE not an opk

Thanks
    Reviews
    I now have a third angel baby. Heavy bleeding and pregnancy tests are getting lighter. Devastated.