+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Thank you, anxiety is getting the better of me lately, but I just need to try and relax and tell myself not to worry until it happens.
    thankyou all

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MissMetal For This Useful Post:

Summer  (15-01-2016)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I just read your other thread. I'm not legally trained but have a few friends that have gone through similar. It seems like you are being more than accommodating if it gets to court. As others have said it is about the best interests of the child and a small baby being away from their primary caregiver is not in their best interests.

Given your description of the FOB, I tip this will never even get to court and if it does he won't pursue it to the end. This is classic behaviour from an abuser. He can no longer control you, so he's trying to do so through your child, one that he knows you will have huge maternal instinct for. The anxiety you are having is what he wants. Don't get me wrong, I totally get why. But this whole 'I'll see you in court' is said a million times by abusers but rarely do they follow through - bc they really don't care about visitation, it's to get at the mother.

Some time ago an old member put up stats showing these type of men, even when they are granted unsupervised contact, often don't even bother exercising that right and don't even see the child.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (15-01-2016),Nemmi1987  (15-01-2016)