+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default insomnia issues - 25 weeks pregnant

Hi,
    I'm wanting to hear from anyone who may have or is having an insomnia issues during pregnancy.
    I've had sleep disturbance from about 10 weeks pregnant and it's gotten really bad since about 2 months now. I've just been told my iron levels are high (I'm not taking supplements), but have had this discounted as having anything to do with insomnia, but alas i have found many claims of iron excess and insomnia on the internet.
    I've tried as many natural therapies to aid the sleep, I've had mini reprieve's, but it continues to be up and down and deep and long sleep isn't happening. Anyone got any experience with this?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had terrible insomnia issues at night in all 3 of my pregnancies. From discussing it with people in my due date groups and other friends, it is very common. I think it's the body's way of preparing you for looking after a little bub! As far as dealing with it, I tend to just ride with it instead of fighting it - read a lot during the night, sometimes watch my iPad etc. Is it possible for you to have a nap in the afternoon? I find even a 15 min nap helps to get me through the day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Check wth your doctors but Restavit is a sleeping aid as well as given to people to help with Hyperemesis Gravidarum which may help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for yr reply, i had some sleep disturbance with my first baby during the 2nd trimester, but nothing like this. Some nights i don't sleep at all and when i do it is very light and dream filled, so i wake up exhausted. Well having a newborn sleep deprivation is nothing on what I'm experiencing now, so i guess I'll be well prepared.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, I'll look into it ☺.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, i had this problem and was really concerned that it was actually so bad as to be harming baby.

I spoke to gp and went with restavit which is over the counter. It did work but I never felt I got real quality sleep - so the upshot was I only took it where I was desperate

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopeful1975 For This Useful Post:

annykins  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am 32 weeks along with bub no. 3 and I get some sleep, but unfortunately the bigger you get the more uncomfortable it gets, and sleep becomes more elusive...I am so tired at the moment. When I am not pregnant, i am such a good sleeper.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I've been worried about the baby, i developed such bad anxiety at one point around sleeping that the amount of adrenalin running through my body could keep an army awake. Hence the baby has been very active. I've managed for now to reach a point of acceptance and have calmed and so has baby. I'm taking some Chinese herbs, hoping that starts to help soon. I'm not great with medication. Thanks for yr reply.

Thanks
    Reviews
    The tiredness is hard isn't it. Best of luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you seen your dr? I had terrible insomnia too and my dr prescribed a mild sedative that's safe during pregnancy. It helped me break the cycle so only needed it for a short time. I hope you get down rest soon.