+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VicPark View Post
    Never stand between a woman and her... Folders?!
    Bahahahahaha!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Summer View Post

I've called head office and they do have stock in various stores in Sydney, but they do not sent stock inter-store, they do not have credit card over the phone, they won't send stock back to the online warehouse and the only thing they suggested was that I "find someone" who can go into the store locally and buy them for me and post them to me
    I worked at Officeworks for 5 years and we did transfers of stock between stores for customers all the time! Must have changed policy lately :/
    And just a quick note about taking credit card over the phone: we were told not to do it due to credit card fraud and stores do not have the insurance to cover it if something went wrong. There is a dedicated phone order line which is able to take credit card over the phone. I was abused by many customers on the phone when I said I couldn't take their credit card details over the phone

And I will at another note to say that I feel your pain, I like my stationery all pretty and matching too ; )

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ThePancakeDrawer For This Useful Post:

Summer  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    My go to move is to search the interwebz for the product and find online stockists (who generally can ship it cheaper anyway). Hopefully Bantex can help you! There's nothing worse than having a penchant for buying discontinued stock, it's like "WHY WOULD YOU DISCONTINUE IT??? I WANT TO BUY MORE!!!".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Apple iPhart6 View Post
    My go to move is to search the interwebz for the product and find online stockists (who generally can ship it cheaper anyway). Hopefully Bantex can help you! There's nothing worse than having a penchant for buying discontinued stock, it's like "WHY WOULD YOU DISCONTINUE IT??? I WANT TO BUY MORE!!!".
    Exactly!!!!

I spent hours yesterday searching online and many places have it advertised on their site but actually have no stock. I think I found one late yesterday that has some of all four colours, so I'm waiting to hear back from them today.

They have one colour available to "non account holders" and the other three colours are for "account holders only". As they only have a few left and it is a discontinued line, I offered to buy the lot to clear that line out for them completely (which was a couple more than I planned on purchasing but no big deal.)

Now they need to check with their management about whether they can "override" their policy and sell them all to me over the phone as a non-account holder, or if they need me to set up an account. Which would mean filling out forms, having credit checks etc and then in a week once I'm approved, I may be able to buy them.

Seeing as it's end of line stock, surely someone could go into the computer and check a box that moves the other three colours from account holders only to non account holders and just get the sale happening? I'm beginning to think that common sense has gone out of the window these days!
    Last edited by Summer; 15-01-2016 at 07:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm local to Albury office works, if that helps?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Ruby_Tuesday15 For This Useful Post:

Summer  (15-01-2016)