+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question All the signs and still BFN

Hi there, this is my first post here so please excuse if I've put it in the wrong place.
    I tested at 14DPO and came up negative. My period is now a week late. I've been dizzy and headachey, felt twitching in my ovaries, restless when trying to sleep, mild nausea, sore nipples, increased urination, shortness of breath, bloated and constipated, heightened sense of smell, sore back, metallic taste in my mouth; the works. I usually get pain in my legs and really moody before a period but I've had none of that. There's been a bit of stress in my life so I figured that could've caused the lateness. I was so disappointed after my BFN, the idea of testing again and still being negative is upsetting. Am I psyching my self out and just being hyper observant? Should I just accept that this is not my month?

**Apologies if this is too long. I don't have a lot of personal support and I'm an only child so my mother isn't any help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When did you last test exactly? I would try again a couple of days, ensure you are using a quality early detection kit like First Response.

If the result is still negative and a late period is unusual for you, a trip to your GP might be in order. There are many things that can cause a period to be late, but it might give you peace of mind to get everything checked out, especially if your symptoms continue.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The month before I fell pregnant with this baby I went through the exact same thing as you are. I was so convinced I was pregnant, when I wasn't. I think I just wanted it so much that I was searching for all the symptoms I could. For the next month I relaxed a bit more about it and then I got my positive.

I'm not saying that's definitely what's going on here, but that was my experience in this situation. Stress can delay your period and if you have been stressed about conceiving then that could be the case.

Then again, I know some mums personally that don't get positives until they're about 8 weeks along. Test again with first response in a few days and if still no positive I would go see a Dr.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have 2 kids and have never had a positive test. First one I was 9 weeks along from blood tests and dating scan. 2nd I was 8 weeks. I bought a variety of tests. Bloody annoying but it does happen more often than you think apparently.
    My sister gets a positive almost immediately. Makes no sense.
    Hang in there and fingers crossed