+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by SSecret Squirrel View Post

Others on here would disagree, but I would caution against going too far south ie stay away from most suburbs in Logan.
    It really depends where in Logan. Anything around Logan Central / Woodridge / Kingston (or basically most suburbs next to the train line) I'd steer clear of. Anything around Springwood / Daisy Hill / Shailer Park / Cornubia / Tanah Merah is actually quite a nice area.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

Mama Mirabelle  (14-01-2016),meandmyboys82  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post
    It really depends where in Logan. Anything around Logan Central / Woodridge / Kingston (or basically most suburbs next to the train line) I'd steer clear of. Anything around Springwood / Daisy Hill / Shailer Park / Cornubia / Tanah Merah is actually quite a nice area.
    This

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can i just add holland park is a nice area, it's right near the highway and quite close to the city without being inner city. Great public transport too. Bil and sil live there and love it

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to meandmyboys82 For This Useful Post:

babyno1onboard  (14-01-2016),M'LadyEm  (14-01-2016),Seachelle  (14-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Does he have access to free car parking at work? That will make a difference with transport options.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'll just add that if hubby is planning on catching public transport to work it would be worth looking at the suburbs along the train line and busway as both pass through 'the Gabba' (as we locals call it). The Park Road train station (in the Gabba) is serviced by a few train lines so there are quite a few options. The Gabba is quite a large suburb too so it might be best to see exactly where he is working so which station / stop he would get off at as this may sway whether to look at places along the busway or train line (and which train line).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meandmyboys82 View Post
    Really? Not all of logan is bad thankyou very much. I find that quite offensive as i live in logan, on the outskirts but still logan. And no I'm not some "bogan from logan" ������. This may be due to being a little hormonal and over sensitive right now, but that just really offended me.

Just fyi we live near the motorway which makes getting into the city quite accessible and depending on the amount of peak hour traffic we can get in there well within an hour. Suburbs near us but close to the motorway include parkinson, drewvale, calamvale and stretton and they are all very nice, these are classed as south brisbane though. If you can get into somewhere in stretton, stretton college is a great school, but you need to live in the catchment.

I'm so sick of the southside/logan stereotypes. ������
    Again --- very hormonal and oversensitive right now!! ������
    Quote Originally Posted by M'LadyEm View Post

I said most suburbs in Logan not every suburb in Logan.

ETA Just disregard what I said. I didn't mean to cause offence. I shouldn't be posting anything on here today in the frame of mind I am in - I need some unpleasant medical tests done next week - could be nothing, could be something very serious and I am scared out of my brain.
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 14-01-2016 at 11:51.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depending on where you live, the traffic can be very congested in peak hour. The commute from the Northside is better now due to the tunnel, however you need to pay a toll everyday so it can get expensive.

If you didn't use the tunnel and went say the storey bridge or freeway expect delays in and around fortitude valley and the city.

Bayside suburbs can be nice, but are a long way out.

Others on here would disagree, but I would caution against going too far south ie stay away from most suburbs in Logan.

I pretty much agree with everything babyno1onboard has said in her post, except I personally wouldn't really recommend Salisbury or Moorooka.
    Yes Moorooka and Salisbury were two I was thinking have some dodgy parts to them! Considering their proximity to everything they are very well priced so thought I should include them in the list. Not sure of the OP's budget. I used to live in Moorooka (not offended!) and there are nice parts (to the East) and not so nice parts (to the West). Just hope I'm now not offending anyone living in eastern Moorooka 😂

Thanks
    Reviews
    del
    Last edited by SSecret Squirrel; 26-01-2016 at 11:48. Reason: privacy

Thanks
    Reviews
    I used to live in a dodgy part of Moorooka (actually more Salisbury that Moorooka) and backed onto an industrial area. The Tarragindi side is much nicer.

I do agree it is very well located though and being close to the freeway makes getting into the city a breeze.
    Ummm that's exactly where I lived! You didn't happen to live on a semi-circle shaped street did you...? Haha. It was a bit dodgy. The nice part of Moorooka I thought was a bit north of there. It was called something Hill, I can't remember.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babyno1onboard View Post
    Ummm that's exactly where I lived! You didn't happen to live on a semi-circle shaped street did you...? Haha. It was a bit dodgy. The nice part of Moorooka I thought was a bit north of there. It was called something Hill, I can't remember.
    Whellers Hill?