+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default SRC recovery shorts

I was intending getting these as it was more likely than not that I'd be having a c section. Due to preeclampsia I had an emergency csection at 34 weeks.

Did anyone have to guess at their size (because they could not measure at the 36 weeks)?

How soon after the section did you start using them?

Overall did you reckon they were worth it particularly in summer?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 2 c sections and loved my recovery shorts the first time around with DD. She was a May baby so wearing them over winter with jeans or leggings was great, I wore them every day. This time with DS who was a November baby I've barely worn them at all, it's been too hot and they are quite long, so I find it hard to fit them under shorts, skirts or dresses. So to answer your question for a summer baby I don't think they're worth it. Can't help with sizing, sorry

3. The Following User Says Thank You to MillieMollyMandy For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I loved mine and started wearing them a week after my section. I would measure yourself at 36 weeks then order a size smaller than it recommends. I lost about 12 kgs in the two weeks after birth and needed to buy new ones!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Joeee For This Useful Post:

Hopeful1975  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With respect to sizing the size guide goes on hips/butt measurement, however, you need the shorts to be firm on your waist and lower back so if you have a small waist relative to your hips/butt it's best to get one size smaller.

Of course you can't try them on until you've had bub so if you have the wrong size not only do you waste $ but you don't have the right size shorts to wear when you need them the most. Unless you can get someone to run out and quickly get you a another size. I had to order mine online so it took a few days.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babyno1onboard For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the advice - am now leaning to maybe not getting them. Am day 4 after c section and whilst a long way from my usual self, feel better as each day passes. The fact it's summer too is putting me off a bit.

Thanks again though

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wore a recovery belt after my second c/s and it definitely helped. I was up and about doing things a lot quicker the second time, I felt like the belt gave me lots of back and abdominal support. I even did a full grocery shop on day 7 wearing it. I never would have been able to do that 7 days after my first c/s. Congratulations on bubs.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have them as my first baby was a natural delivery and a winter baby so they were great. I wore them for 6 weeks.

This time I had a CS and summer delivery. I actually haven't found them too hot but the length of the legs is an issue to have under clothes. I have bought a belly bandit bamboo belly band so I alternate between the shorts and the belly band depending on what clothes I am wearing.

FYI, you can also get regular shape wear shorts that essentially so the same thing and are a lot cheaper.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to SoReady For This Useful Post: