+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Would you call the police?

I'll preface this by saying I am not generally a paranoid person.

Yesterday at about 5:30pm I left home to catch the bus. As I was walking out my front gate a man was driving past and slowed down and stared at me as I walked out. I instantly got the creeps big time (in my gut). He drove on straight and I turned right (I live on a corner). A minute later I heard a slow car behind me and it was him again. He was driving SLOWLY and staring at me intently. My alarm bells started going off hard, he kept driving past but at the same slow pace. I got my notepad and pen out to get his licence plates if I saw him again which is something I've never even thought of doing before.

He continued mega slowly and stopped for a while at the top of the street until I was almost there, then turned left. I did the same when I got to the end (now on a busy main road). As I got to the first cross street I saw that he was very slowly driving up it back towards the main road. I wrote down his plates. He then came to a complete stop in the middle of the road a bit before the intersection. A couple of cars had to drive around him to get to the intersection themselves. This whole time he is staring intently at me. I waited to see what he was doing and eventually crossed the street in front of him as he was stopped and staring. He then of course turned left and slowly drove past me, staring. At this point I kind of raised my shoulders and pulled a "wtf" face. He drove on and I crossed to the other side of the road but continued walking in the same direction. When I passed the next cross st on the left he was there, he pulled out and slowed right down (mind you this is peak hour on a very busy main road) and stared. So he was in the right lane of the left hand side of the road and I was walking in the same direction but on the right hand side of the road. At this point I threw my arms up and yelled "what the ****!". He kept staring but drove off and I didn't see him again.

The whole time he didn't say anything, change his face from creepy stare or make any gestures. My heart was racing the whole time and I was shaking by the end of it. I've had loads of men stare at me from cars before (who hasn't) and I've never felt even remotely shaken by it. It was definitely not coincidental that I saw him so many times. I would normally just shake it off but he saw me coming out of my house so I feel paranoid.

DP thinks I should call the police but I don't know? Am I being paranoid? Is a man following and staring at you from a car really something I could report?

Like I said I am not usually paranoid but my gut was telling me something wasn't right from the first time I saw him. What should I do?
    Last edited by GreenMama; 13-01-2016 at 09:09.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report it. At least you'll have a record then.

Dont just ring up. Go in and make a report. Give them have a copy of anything you wrote down and update them if you ever see him again in a suspicious manner.
    Last edited by DaveTTC; 13-01-2016 at 09:22.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DaveTTC For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-01-2016),VicPark  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your gut is a powerful guide, this man is up to no good. Is there a way you could call the police and ask for their advice? Perhaps they could put a file note down, check out his plates to see if he has a record or if there have been other complaints about him? It could be nothing, but it also could be something sinister.

If I saw him again, I'd discreetly film the "interaction".

Sorry that's happened to you x

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Olive Oil For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd report it. You just never know. He could also be doing it with other people (chances are pretty good), and having a record may help in some way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Always listen to your gut instincts. They're mother natures way of protecting us.
    I would definitely report it. So sorry you went through this xx

8. The Following User Says Thank You to clb84 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-01-2016)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Given that he knows your address and you have small children I would go in and make a report.

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

DesperatelySeekingSleep  (13-01-2016),DT75  (13-01-2016),JR03  (13-01-2016),KitiK  (13-01-2016),TheGooch  (13-01-2016),VicPark  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Gut instinct is often correct. Since you've got a number plate I'd call police and report it. You can even do that online these days and have them call you after.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

TheGooch  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Report report report. How frightening. If he was lost and after directions...im sure he would of put his window down and asked...likewise if he thought he knew you. The continual following over several roads and staring sends off alarm bells to me. Im sure the police will offer some good advice. Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would probably call the police and let them know what happened. And hope they would contact him and give a stern talking to, although, I don't have a lot of faith in the police. I reckon there would be a few that would shrug it off. He might have a criminal record, though. And could be another Adrian Bailey in the making. Or he could be relatively harmless (as harmless as a pervert can be).

It is stalking and creepy as hell. I've experienced, stares, cars slowing down and being asked if I wanted a lift, but nothing like that (was a highschool student at the time, go figure ). How scary for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I felt unsettled just reading that.

Absolutely make a police report. There's no logical explanation for his behaviour, it was creepy and stalker-like.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-01-2016)