+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Advice on sickness 35 weeks

Hi,
    I know I'm posting on here a lot lately. That's what maternity leave does for you!

So I need advice (please!) I'm 35 weeks today, all has gone smoothly but I'm now sick and feeling a bit mopey about it.

Bubs had a very "busy" day yesterday so it's not unlike him to have a quiet one, but the last two nights I've been woken up at 2:30am shaking / shivering. My husband has a lesser dose so for once I'm the one with man flu!

I also have a sore back and hips. I called the midwife at 5:15 yesterday morning then again at about 5pm. I get really anxious about calling them!

They both said go to the GP tomorrow if not cleared up. Husband went to the doctors today for a certificate and he basically said it's going around.

I'm not usually a whimp when being sick but I can't seem to help it this time! just worry Bubs is being hurt!! :l

Oh I also called the pregnancy and birth hotline and they said the same thing!

Oh and I'm super thirsty so possibly dehydrated?

Thanks for reading my raves! I can't be the only one who's had something like this right?

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If you still aren't well today then head to the GP - if anything it should help put your mind at ease. Being sick in late pregnancy sucks so rest and really keep up the fluids.

As for feeling anxious about calling the midwives, please try not to! That's what they're there for. If you were worried about your car you wouldn't feel bad calling the mechanic would you? Hope you feel better soon
    Last edited by GreenMama; 13-01-2016 at 06:14.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GreenMama For This Useful Post:

Violet85  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMama View Post
    If you still aren't well today then head to the GP - if anything it should help put your mind at ease. Being sick in late pregnancy sucks so rest and really keep up the fluids.

As for feeling anxious about calling the midwives, please try not to! That's what they're there for. If you were worried about your car you wouldn't feel bad calling the mechanic would you? Hope you feel better soon
    Thank you! Went to the doctors On Wednesday and he said if I get worse to go to hospital for them to do tests. I'm still feeling bad, but not necessarily worse so I'm hoping it's running it's course. My husband is feeling better so hopefully I'm not too far behind him! Bubs is still going nuts so as long as he's okay.
    Good point about the midwives! I've spoken to two. One was really nice and the other one made me feel a bit silly.