+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    And through the year I tend to check in with the teachers regularly to see how the boys are going, I like the face to face interaction with the teachers.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blessedwith3boys For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week
    Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.

I'm going to send the emails and stress in them that I don't expect a reply.

We have a parent/teacher info evening in the first or second week of term but it's not a one on one thing unfortunately. Parent/teacher interviews will be towards the end of term one/beginning of term two.

I already have the teachers email addresses from previous years thankfully.

I do have the principal's email as well but that was for P&F reasons so I don't want to abuse it IYKWIM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HearMeRoar View Post
    Thank you everyone for your input, I really appreciate it.

I'm going to send the emails and stress in them that I don't expect a reply.

We have a parent/teacher info evening in the first or second week of term but it's not a one on one thing unfortunately. Parent/teacher interviews will be towards the end of term one/beginning of term two.

I already have the teachers email addresses from previous years thankfully.

I do have the principal's email as well but that was for P&F reasons so I don't want to abuse it IYKWIM.
    Do you think the teachers would just let you talk to them in the afternoon after school?

I've always had an open door policy with parents and I would always chat to my daughter's teacher last year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Would you like to think about work during your holiday?
    I'd leave it until the first week back. In WA teachers go back a few days before students, I'd email then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think its a great idea. I am a teacher, & would definitely be starting to prepare for the new year about now - preparing lessons, making labels, etc. I was in a private school though, & we went back as a staff a week earlier, so had to be fully prepared by then. If it were me, I would probably be checking my emails just in case parents wanted to communicate something. I would likely not reply, & I might have a quick read & mentally remind myself to look over it nore thoroughly a couple days before school started. I think good communication is essential, & those first few days are so busy with parent needs, so I would appreciate this

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's personal preference, I'm a teacher too and prefer to prep for the new year at the beginning of holidays and then check out and recharge for the rest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think your approach is great. Being on holidays I probs wouldn't check emails till closer to school time but I like how you're not expecting a lengthy reply. I'd just thank you and say let's stay in touch see you on the first day! It's the ones that email lengthy letters every single week about problems they perceive that do my head in.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Default A question for primary teachers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinachris View Post
    I think your approach is great. Being on holidays I probs wouldn't check emails till closer to school time but I like how you're not expecting a lengthy reply. I'd just thank you and say let's stay in touch see you on the first day! It's the ones that email lengthy letters every single week about problems they perceive that do my head in.
    As a teacher who is now a parent of a school aged child, I am very conscious of not being the annoying parent

I don't want to be the parent who's always ringing etc. (not familiar with parents having teachers' emails in nsw public schools) but I also want the school to know I'm interested in my children's education. It's a very fine line imo
    Last edited by BigRedV; 14-01-2016 at 10:14.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Tinachris  (15-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahd80 View Post
    Would you like to think about work during your holiday?
    I'd leave it until the first week back. In WA teachers go back a few days before students, I'd email then.
    If the teacher doesn't want to think about work during the holidays then they don't have to read their emails. It's not unusual for me to get emails while I'm on holidays from people who know I am away, they will be asking for me to do something when I come back.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (15-01-2016),LaDiDah  (14-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Week ended 24/7/2014100 Posts in a week

Default A question for primary teachers.

Two massive emails sent to the boys teachers and learning support. I started both emails by telling them that they weren't to read them until school goes back haha. Hopefully they won't check their Cath Ed accounts until then anyway.

Now I just have to do one for DDs teacher but that'll be an easy one thankfully.