+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default So stressed out :(

So my mum moved over from SA in oct last year to live with us for 12 months to get to know her grandkids and also help out while I go back to work.

Things have been great, apart from financially. I did some temp work at the end of last year but haven't had any work since. I am signing up with agencies and getting my cv out but nothing yet.

I had to pay for mums new visa and she had to have a medical for it too. Her DH lives overseas at the moment and he was working and sending money every month but he's since gone into hospital with gallstones apparently the size of sugar cubes, and a lot of them!! And they removed his gallbladder last week as his condition was life threatening. He is a sick man, he also has diabetes and a tumor in his brain which is inoperable.

Anyway mums visa cost like $300 and the medical was around $290. She got her visa which was great.

But at her medical they found blood in her urine, so off to the gp we went.

Mum went to doctor again today for test results, the doctor is normally good but mum thinks she's just trying to get more money sending her for unnecessary tests. She's already had two tests for urine to check for blood, now the GP wants to do another urine test to check what it looks like. THEN she wants a blood test and an ultrasound and then just before she left she told my mum it could be bladder cancer...

She has travel insurance which covers medical, but u know what these companies are like!! I have no idea what appointments they will cover and what tests they will cover.

Already I've spent $132 on two doctors appointments AND another $125 on one set of urine and Pap smear.

The ultrasound this GP wants mum to get is another $172.70 and then the other urine and blood test is another $122.50 or something.

Then IF it turns out to be something like cancer, what the heck do I do then??

Anyway not really any point to my post, just silently stressing out

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm I always have blood in my wee. Just tiny amounts. I had a medical not long ago for life insurance. The nurse checked it and told me to drop it back in another day assuming I had my period (I didn't). All up I did it 3 times on 3 different days and still got life insurance so I don't think it's a big thing??

However I don't think I could ignore doctor just on the off chance it was something.

No follow up orders were given.

Sorry not helping your finances at all just trying to set your mind at ease!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am sending the bill to the insurance company tonight so hopefully it doesn't take forever to refund.

Anyone know what the deal is with pre existing conditions? Do they mean conditions you didn't know about (which is the case with this)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think it's anything that has been on your medical file or you declared in your questionnaire, but not 100% sure.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post
    Anyone know what the deal is with pre existing conditions? Do they mean conditions you didn't know about (which is the case with this)?
    That's always been my understanding of it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    She has to have known about it. So if she had blood before and didn't disclose it on her form, then they can decline her claim.

However if she genuinely didn't know, then u shouldn't have a problem.

Fingers crossed it's nothing anyway 😊💐

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    She has to have known about it. So if she had blood before and didn't disclose it on her form, then they can decline her claim.

However if she genuinely didn't know, then u shouldn't have a problem.

Fingers crossed it's nothing anyway 😊💐
    I'm sorry but why on earth would you assume that she knew about the blood in her urine? How would she possibly know that?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I think it's anything that has been on your medical file or you declared in your questionnaire, but not 100% sure.
    Thanks that's what I thought too. I guess I'm just questioning it all as I've heard so many horror stories about insurance not paying out. She 100% did not know she had blood in her urine before her medical the other week. So we should be all good.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SAgirl View Post

I think it may also include conditions for which you had any symptoms, even if the condition hadn't been diagnosed at the time of taking out the policy.

I hope it's all nothing to worry about and your mum is fine!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Gentoo For This Useful Post:

SAgirl  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think Misho was answering the question. I.e. she would have to know about it for there to be an issue. Not that she thinks that she had to know about it already. I hope everything is ok with uour mum x

14. The Following User Says Thank You to ManchesterLass For This Useful Post:

RmumR  (12-01-2016)