+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 'Period' type pain.

Hi all,

I'm new here and found out 4 days ago that I'm pregnant (4weeks +4 days) I have had two previous miscarriages with cramping and bleeding (I have high thyroid antibodies and and a pos ANA which can both cause miscarriage)I'm on medications this time around to try and help but for a day or two prior to finding out and since I have been having what can only be described as period pain. I had bleeding and cramps with the last two but no bleeding so far with his one, I'm just wondering if anybody has experienced pretty constant (worse at night) period pain( dull aching) in both lower abdomen and lower back in early pregnancy and gone on to have a successful pregnancy? I'm expecting the worst but just seeing if here is any hope that this pregnancy might still be okay?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I felt like I had period pain for pretty much the whole first and second trimesters. Possibly the third too, but by that stage I was too distracted by all the other awful pregnancy pains to notice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt period like cramping through both of my pregnancies constantly I know it's concerning but your body has a lot of growing and changing to do. Good luck with your pregnancy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ligament stretching is a cramping pain which is normal in the beginning and it's painful

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had a lot of period pain throughout this pregnancy and at time I've thought I would find blood. I've read it's stretching and growing. You uterus more than doubles in size in the first 12 weeks so I guess some people can feel it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep! Me too!
    I haven't had a miscarriage in the past, but I had a lot of period type cramping in early pregnancy and on and off through out.
    Doctor said it was my uterus stretching.
    I'm 35 weeks now and have it again on and off but apparently all is fine!
    Good luck with your pregnancy! X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies, I really appreciate you getting back to me. The pain has gotten worse (spreading down my legs as well now) so even though there isn't much I can do, I might go get checked out at the hospital just in case it's anything else. Thanks again 😊

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes! I am 6 weeks pregnant and I have been getting these sorts of cramps several times a day! It is absolute agony! I asked my doctor about it the other day and he said its too early for me to be having cramps and it's probably just stress. I definitely know it's NOT from stress as they come at all times of the day even when I'm asleep. I don't have any bleeding but it still worries me. This combined with the 24/7 nausea is not fun reading these posts make me feel more at ease though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm new here, prob not using it right 😳 I am 8weeks 3 days, I also have been experiencing period like cramps and back ache. This is my 3rd little miracle I experienced this with my other 2 children it's very normal, best try and not worry to much