+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A 1/2 hour sleep in the car at lunch time is bliss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work when DD was 11mths and she didn't start sleeping through until she was almost 2. I lived on coffee and sugar to keep me awake, but you do get used to it.
    I tried to have meals frozen and ready to heat up for quick dinners, go to bed early and also my DH & I would alternate who had to get up during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went back to work when my DS waa 6 months old and he was ( and still is) a horrid sleeper.
    I would sometimes go to work on 2-3 hours sleep which to start with was horrible but i managed i guess i had no choice.

One suggestion is i would give hubby him tk shower bottle and get ready for bed in that 45 minutes ud make sure all the housework stuff that needed to be done was done and made mine and hubby's lunch for the next day and then as soon as DS was in bes asleep i went to bed. Sometimes id be jn bed by 7.30 but i got a few hours in before he'd wake so it didnt bother me.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Agree with everyone, I went back to work when Bub was 3 months she is now nearly four, she has never slept well and lots of days I really struggle and do stupid things like find the washing powder in the fridge, early nights, caffeine and an afternoon Saturday nanna nap sees me struggling on, you somewhat get used to it but it is hard. Hopefully your little one settles down for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh and mostly being at work seems to be soooooo much easier than being home with them 😅

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilypily For This Useful Post:

JR03  (12-01-2016),Wise Enough  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilypily View Post
    Oh and mostly being at work seems to be soooooo much easier than being home with them 😅
    ^^ this 😆😆😆

8. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

lilypily  (12-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG girls! Thank you!! This is so helpful and I am SOO glad I'm not alone!!
    @Sonja I will definitely be going to bed as early as I can!! @deku wow four days a week on little sleep is impressive!! I'm actually doing a prac placement for my psychology degree so the job will be quite intense intellectually and emotionally, but I will have lots of support. Sunshine and a walk is a good idea. @KitiK NINE YEARS omg!! And you kept having kids that's reassuring haha and full time work go you superwoman! @Rose&Aurelia&Hannah 10 weeks is so early, you are amazing. I will definitely be having naps whenever I can, and getting DH to get up to him on weekends so I can sleep in! @LittleBug'sMum that is really reassuring as my job sounds similar needing lots of concentration and even with the life experience helping to even it out!! @Little Miss Sunshine 1 hour sleep OMG!!! What's the chances!! And you still went good on you. And yes I shall enjoy eating my lunch in peace haha!! It's crazy that so many mums survive this way long term. I cry so easily when I get less than 5 hours (broken) but perhaps I'm not quite used to it yet! @rosey82 good strategy with the 3am split! I find it hard to sleep when I can hear DS cry so might have to invest in some ear plugs! @Wise Enough 12 hour shifts omg. Haha yes to the sugar!! @lilypily good idea on the lunchtime nap! @bluehawaii good idea to the frozen dinners and early nights! @Zachs mum yep I'll happily go to bed super early. I'll still be breastfeeding part time so will probably do the bedtime feed myself though and the bath as well cos I'll miss him!! @Mokeybear thank you I hope so too!

One of the main issues is I'll be driving 45 mins each way so will need to put on some loud music and air con to keep me awake!! I don't drink coffee but I love diet coke so what a good excuse to indulge my addiction haha. I will aim for a lunchtime nap or brisk walk as well to freshen up. Luckily they are very relaxed there and have said if DS is sick or anything just to text them and don't worry about coming in, so if I have the odd terrible night I could do that. I will have to start cooking some big dishes too so I can freeze some dinners. I am encouraging DS on more of a set schedule too just to make life easier for everyone as we have always been pretty flexible depending on his needs. So hopefully I will survive!!! Haha

Thanks again I'm so glad I posted this xox

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fi Poledancer For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (13-01-2016),Zachs mum  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I drive an hour to get to work too. Diet coke will become your very best friend. .. i know coffee is mine ☺

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Zachs mum For This Useful Post:

Fi Poledancer  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Haha I admit I actually have a blanket and pillow set up under my desk (I have a private office), but probably used it more when I was pregnant

I used to get so emotional and cranky without a good night's sleep but I've definitely adjusted and cope a lot better than I ever thought I would when I was pre-baby.

Psych prac, how exciting - good luck with it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to deku For This Useful Post:

Fi Poledancer  (13-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't like coffee either, so I'd pop a no-doz caffeine pill first thing in the morning 😊. A can of coke at lunch break.
    I remember I couldn't handle getting no sleep pre babies, now I feel like a champion on 5-6 hours. Your body does adjust!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Little Miss Sunshine For This Useful Post:

Fi Poledancer  (13-01-2016),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (13-01-2016),Zachs mum  (13-01-2016)