+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 6 weeks & plus size :-/

Hi all,

I have just found put we are 5 weeks pregs, already being a plus size short girl I already feel self concious. While we are thrilled that we have a bundle on way, i am very concious about gaining heaps and feeling worst. Any advise from plus size girls & how they kept weight down. I want to be a proud mum!

Thans

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 29/5/15Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I tried to eat healthy. I started out at 101kgs and my full term weight was 106kgs. I also did lots of walking, took the stairs etc.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I was a size 20 when I got pregnant and very overweight.
    My Ob said that it was possible to manage pregnancy without putting on stacks of weight.
    See if you can get a referral to a dietician. That might help. Try and be ultra conscious of what's going into your body. Take the pregnancy supplements recommended to you and maintain some gentle exercise throughout.
    I put on 13kgs during pregnancy but 2 weeks after DS was born, I weighed less than when I got pregnant by a couple of Kgs. So it was mostly fluid, bub and placenta!
    The hardest bit for me was maintaining that. Since stopping breastfeeding, my weight has ballooned. I'm trying to work on that now.
    Best wishes for the rest of your pregnancy
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I only gained 8kg with my last pregnancy. Bub was 4.5kg so not much extra.

But it was hard work to eat well and exercise regularly. I was still at the gym at 40wks doing body pump.

But it's possible.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been overweight with both my pregnancies - bmi of 40. First one I put on 12kgs, second I put on 6kgs.
    I did a bit of light exercise (walking) but mainly watched what I ate - cut out a lot of sugar & rubbish from my diet & didn't eat big portions.

Good luck!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Both pregnancies lost weight at the beginning then by the time o was due I was only a few kgs above my starting weight. Back to below pre preg weight within a couple of weeks (high 90's so still not a good weight). I then stacked it on in the year or 2 afterwards.
    I didn't watch what I ate at all during pregnancy, except grog and other pregnancy no nos. just ate what I felt like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is not necessarily true that the more you weight, the more you gain during pregnancy. Of course you need to watch your diet especially cravings and binge eating that can happens, but I know many people that gained small amount or even lost weight being oversize. Don't worry too much, just put in place good habits

Thanks
    Reviews
    I lost weight at the beginning with morning sickness and gained 10 kg with my first but 2 weeks after DS was born I was weighed at the docs and was 5 kgs less than before I got pregnant.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!! I am 32 weeks along with my third, and the fattest I have ever been. I started at around 101kg and got up to 103, then at 17 weeks I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes again. This time I have had to go on medication, so I have literally lost 3 kg while on it. Score!!

I am also short, 5 ft 3 and feeling like a bowling ball at the moment lol. In saying that, this is probably the best I have felt and looked out of all of my pregnancies.

Just try and eat as healthily as possible, though allow for the odd blow out, or you will go nuts lol. I saw a dietician early on in pregnancy as I knew that I would probably get the GD again, and just being that bit older and wiser this time around.

After I have the baby, I will give myself some time to recover, but I plan to finally do something about my excess weight. I have had plenty of time to think about it. I am going to probably join weight watchers, and get down to a much healthier weight.

Good luck with your pregnancy.
    Last edited by Marchbundle; 12-01-2016 at 04:25.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started out at 93.7 but was wearing size 12 and 14 clothes! How does that even work??
    Not complaining though.
    I was so worried about this in early days, but honestly, I think I'm more confident now than I was previously!
    I've gained the weight they've recommended so far but my midwife doesn't weigh me every appointment which helps me not stress too!
    Oh and I'm about 5 foot 5.