+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 78 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Stacey thanks we will be all good it's moving away from us
    @HFAM that is so wonderful to hear about how you are going

just binge watching some tv at the moment depending on what happens with the cyclone depends on whether I have to work or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    F

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone
    Tegs hope all was ok with the weather.
    HFAM good to hear all is going well.

not having a good day today. I feel like I'm moving on then I have a day like today, can't get out of bed and get to work. I have been googling adoption today, I don't know why, I work in community services and I know there are very few adoptions. Not to mention I think the fact I have bipolar would mean I would not be eligible to adopt.
    I finally called and made an appointment to see Dr M. I wanted to see him rather than phone consult, that way hubby can be a part of it and I prefer face to face. So see him 15 March. So we will see what he has to say.

Hope oe you are all well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. Try to hang in there. I'm sure you'll feel much better after you discuss with dr M and you have a plan. Maybe you can keep yourself busy until then. Let us know if there is anything we can help with.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey deb
    I hope the appointment can give you some positivity to look forward to, I'm very optimistic that with a tweak in your protocol that you can bring home your baby
    You should be really proud of yourself

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello
    i got to work today so that's a positive. I am so lucky I have a supportive boss and workplace.
    I emailed Anna at Zlin yesterday for her advice. She is going to look in to my file again and come back to me with suggestions for further testing too if they think it may help.
    i did ask her about using hubbies frozen sperm or if it would be best for hi. To come too and use fresh. She said fresh is best. I ws wondering what your thoughts are here? If we can use the frozen it would be much better cost wise cause I can go on my own for transfer only as opposed to both of us going over for a week to cover fertilisation then transfer.

Ta
    deb

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

tegs26  (05-02-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Deb I'd go for the frozen, I used frozen, plenty of ladies have used frozen with no problems, that's why they suggest the partners leave a sample for just this reason, I'd get your d/h to get his sperm DNA fragmentation test done here just to rule that out before you go, if it's all good then definitely just use the frozen sample

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Stacey. What is the sperm DNA fragmentation and what does that indicate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's a more In depth look at the sperm, if he's found to have high fragmentation that can cause the baby to stop growing/miscarriages etc, my girlfriend has had 3 babies with her d/h, went to zlin for 2'fresh and a fet, and ended up with a chemical and a blighted ovum, so she decided to have a change of clinics and they then went to serum in Greece, and did a multitude of tests including sperm frag and his came back as high so he is on a round of antibiotics, and high dose antioxidants like vit E, c and some others for about 40 days I think and that's hopefully enough to improve it, he'd already had the usual sperm tests done and they'd come back good so I think you should rule out this as well as it may not be all because of your issues Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Deb, I'm so glad you are starting to feel better and that you have made your appointment with Dr M. He will give you answers and its positive to keep moving forward and doing what you can. I know that some days can be really hard but try to take it one step at a time and we are all here for you if you need to vent.

I agree with Stacey regarding frozen sperm. We went for a fresh cycle last time and got 11 eggs, 9 fertilised and only one grade b quality made it to the transfer. That was really upsetting and resulted in a chemical preg. This time we used frozen sperm and we have 5 blastocysts waiting for us over there. 2 are grade a quality and 3 are grade b quality so the frozen cycle has worked much better for us.

We fly out tomorrow! I'm so nervous about the thawing process. I hope they make it! I'll be a wreck at that meeting with the embryologist on the morning of transfer. Transfer is all booked for Monday!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunshine14 For This Useful Post:

tegs26  (05-02-2016)