+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 78 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @stacey10
    infusion went fine. We came home last night and did not get home until 1am. K next time I'll go on my own and stay the night. It's a long night.
    we fly out 4pm tomorrow. Just finishing the housework then we will start packing. Never left packing this late before. Not as organised as usual. Had a bit on. I am making lists as I go so I don't forget things. Bit concerned at about keeping the Neupogen cold. I bought a special thing for it which was not cheap through the diabetes website but don't think it worked that well. I am going to take clip lock bags and top up with ice as we go. I think it is ok if it is not at temperature for a little time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck @Debant. Have a safe flight and enjoy your holiday!can't wait for your news

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Best of luck Debant! I truly hope that it's a case of third time lucky for you. Fingers crossed.
    So, my husband has ruled out going to South Africa as he feels it is an unsafe country to travel to, and our lovely South African friend who now lives here, agrees with him, so I suppose I can't argue with that!
    So now I will actively explore The Czech Republic option. Can I please ask you ladies a couple of questions?
    - Firstly, are there a range of nationalities who are egg donors over there, and if so, do you get a choice in what nationality you'd prefer the donor to be?
    - Can we choose a donor or is one appointed to you? What criteria does the clinic use to select a donor - are we able to specify what we're looking for?
    - Do they use fresh or frozen eggs?
    I've had a look at the price list (all 6 pages of it), and am totally confused as to what services we'd need to pay for?
    Lastly, if we were booking flights from Melbourne, where would we be looking to fly directly to?
    Thanks so much ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Debant I think it can be left out of the fridge for 12 hrs, you could always ask the air hostesses if they can pop it in one of their fridges for you once they have room argh, good luck with the packing !! @siansmum
    *only Czech citizens are allowed to donate, but obviously they have a variety of looks as we do, and the majority of their donors are from the university
    *a donor is matched to you by your coordinator after you have sent them your requirements for your donor, ie, young and proven, hair, eye colour, height, blood group etc, you list what is important to you and you can also send over photos of yourself, I sent over photos of myself in my early 20's as I requested a young proven donor
    *you pay €4500 for a fresh donor cycle, so fresh eggs. You then decide if you want any extras like embryo glue and embryoscope, picsi etc
    *once you have decided on a date with your coordinator make sure you get her to book the hotel as well as it gets fully booked quickly!
    * if your booking from Melbourne you can fly into Prague, Vienna, and even Heathrow ( which I did as I wanted to break the flight up and have an overnighter, then I caught a cheap flight to Prague), from Vienna you can get a transfer which the clinic will help organise, catch the student agency bus or get the train. From Prague, I recommend using Prague airport transfers to pick you up from the airport and they will take you directly to the train station, and there you catch the train

Thanks
    Reviews
    I flew in to Prague and used Prague airport transfers as suggested by Stacey and they were great we stayed in Prague for few days. Depending on who you fly you can fly in to Vienna too and if you did head over to UK you can also fly into Brno from Luton via Whiz Air it's a Hungarian airline and it was really low cost. Then a transfer through the clinic. We did that when we left and flew to the UK after transfer. Other option is the train from Vienna Prague or Budapest etc .. the Czech trains are good ... the language can be a little difficult but nothing you can't get through ... we only had one train that was cancelled and which was near the clinic and we caught the bus and had to walk up the hill which was interesting with our bags but Hubby carried heavy stuff and I did the carry on wheelies

We flew Qantas but it was an Emirates plane in to Prague and I LOVED Prague!!!

Stacey is the Guru in all this stuff!!! and I basically followed her advice and things worked out for us so far!!!
    @Debant - hope the flights not too bad! keep us updated

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh yeah forgot to add that a couple of nights in Prague if you can swing it is a must as @tegs26 has said, it's a must and a beautiful city, lots of people go for a couple of days between EC and transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just have to say agree re a visit to Prague. Definately been our fave place. Not going this year by pt have been there both times.
    i can't tell you more than has been said. Stacey has always had great advice and guided me along the way too,

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Best wishes

Best wishes @Debant, really hope all goes well. Enjoy your journey and safe travelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohhh @Debant I lost track of time !! You'll be up up and away by now hope you have a good flight and keep us updated

Thanks
    Reviews
    We have arrived at our first destination, Salzburg. Flights fine. Austrian Air were very accomodating at put my meds in the ice tray so they stayed nice and cool. Time to shower and start exploring.