+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @HFAM a singleton pregnancy is a breeze compared to a twin one, not that my twin one was hard at all I was just extra careful and it feels like I've just gone back to normal with this one although I do miss the decent sleep I got with the twin pregnancy!! Ask me in 2 wks how I'm coping as its school holidays here now so I'm bound to have gone round the bend by then

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear all going well @stacey10 hope the school holidays are going ok.
    We were at my nephews 18th last night. Can't believe he is 18, they grow up so quick. I hope one day to be celebrating my child's 18th.
    in a week we will be packing and then fly out a week Monday. Waiting till the Sunday to pack. One of my dogs stresses when she sees suitcases and it is bad enough her loosing her brother without that as well. So we will take them to my cousins where they stay while we are away then come home and pack. Going to be a busy weekend because I have intralipids on Saturday with Dr M in Sydney. Busy week coming up for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That will make the wekek go super fast @Debant !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all. I don't know where to start as this is a very long thread! Thanks Deb to sending me the link to this forum from the EDA forum.

I am considering going over to Czech republic for DE. I had a baby that died at 5 weeks old 6 years ago due to a genetic disease, and since then I haven't produced many eggs in IVF. I'm now 41 and my last IVF attempt got me one embryo that didn't make it to blastocyst stage. So here I am looking at donation. The Czech really appeals to me for some reason, plus my background is also Eastern Eureopan.

I've been looking at the pages of the donoeggfriends website and saw that some clinics offer a guaranteed number of eggs/embryos. Does anyone know anything about this? That sounds really appealing to me.

What clinics have other people used? I see Zlin comes up a lot.

Ideally I'd like to go over, do a transfer and freeze the embryos (in case I need t go back and do an FET).
    Last edited by Rainbowbaby2016; 21-09-2016 at 06:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,
    Like Rainbowbaby2016, we are looking at using a donor egg. Long story short - I am 46 and my husband is 55. We have a beautiful little 6 year old son who asks us on a daily basis if we can have another baby as his big sister died from an asthma attack in 2012 when she was five and a half.
    We've been told that our only hope of having another baby is to use a donor egg because of my age. We are now wanting to explore this option. Ideally we'd like to go overseas, but going to the USA is SO expensive.
    I'd love to hear from any of you who have traveled or are traveling to The Czech Republic for a donor egg.
    How long does the process take from initial enquiries through to you travelling over for transfer? How much is it costing you? Can you choose your donor? Does the donor remain anonymous? Can the child find their donor later in life? What happens to frozen embryos that you don't use? Can they be transferred to Australia or would we need to fly back to have another transfer if the first was unsuccessful?
    So many questions I know, but just trying to look at our options. We have an appointment with Lynn Burmeister in Melbourne to discuss it all on the 11th October, but would love some initial details first.
    Thanks so much ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies welcome
    All donors in the Czech Republic are anonymous, most clinics are generally the same with a few slight differences in price and what is/isn't included in the cost such as day 5 transfers, icsi, freezing of any frosties etc, some clinics include these in their costs others don't, some clinics have a waiting list, others don't, clinics like zlin for example have set days for egg collection and transfer so it makes it extremely easy to book flights in advance and get cheap ones. The price is generally around €4500 as a ball park figure, like I said, depending on which clinic you choose depends on what's included in that price. Your meds are not included, and you will need at least one scan prior to leaving to check your lining. You usually send your donor requirement to your coordinator plus photos and then they will match you to a donor, I could go on and on but fire away with more questions if there are more

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

siansmum  (20-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Siansmum - a good place to start is on this website - I've been comparing clinics here. if you wanted a known donor I think they do this is Russia - there is a clinic in St Petersburg that have that including photos of the donor. www eggdonationfriends com has so much information!

How long does the process take from initial enquiries through to you travelling over for transfer? - some clinics have no waiting list but you would need to sync your cycles so I guess it could take a few months

What happens to frozen embryos that you don't use? Can they be transferred to Australia or would we need to fly back to have another transfer if the first was unsuccessful? - From what I can see most clinics can freeze the embyos for you and you pay a storage fee (same as here). It would be very expensive to ship them, woudl they survive, plus you would have the quarantine laws here in Australia and lots of paperwork. Some clinics do FET. I asked one clinic if I did a transfer and it didnt take, how soon could I go and do another cycle (because I think I can stay in Europe and travel a bit). I think they said I could start the FET right away (ie after I get my period) which means transfer would be around day 20 - as they use 5 day old embryos. That's an option for me or fly back another time without hubby. Some clinics also freeze sperm which is handy if you need to do another cycle.

I am at the very early stages of researching and comparing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Rainbowbaby2016 as I said clinics vary in a few things with what they include and don't include in their initial costs, for example zlin include freezing of any remainder embryos for one year in the initial cost, other clinics don't and you pay extra, there has been some discussion on other threads as to whether you can bring back embryos from o/s most of the consensus is that you can't as the donor is anonymous, but then I think it may vary from state to state from what others have said. Zlin have a waiting list of about 4 months, which includes the initial contact, them matching you with a donor etc, they also have a hotel on site so you don't need to worry about accomodation etc, clinics like gennet and reprofit have a slightly longer waiting list. Zlin also give you the option of freezing sperm before you go I case you need to go back. Some ladies find it easier to do a spread sheet of what is and isn't included in the cost etc once they have narrowed their choices down to a few clinics.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

Rainbowbaby2016  (21-09-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has anyone used or researched Reprogenesis in Brno?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep @Rainbowbaby2016 and I wouldn't go near them, they're quite happy just to keep on transferring embryos if you keep on getting negatives and they're not interested in doing any further testing to find out why it's not working, I've followed one of their threads and it was getting a lot of negatives in 2013/14, and a few stuff ups with ladies protocols, and then it went very quiet with not many ladies posting, the thread has just started to pick up the last few months with new ladies going.