+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 78 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tegs, yes she did get back to me and said that it's just a guide and they want to treat everyone. So I have filled out the virtual visit questionnaire and we will see how we go. She emailed last night and said she is away until Tuesday but will get back to me then. I think I would prefer this clinic as you guys seem to have all had such good experiences. The Gennett is just not sitting well with me. I am supposed to have a phone call with them next week but I might put it off until I hear where I stand with Zlin. So I have read a lot of the threads from the beginning but it's a lot of information. Can you summarise the ladies who have gone over and how many of them have been successful etc? I have see a few BFP's. I am also wondering too about ladies over 40. I know the process of donation takes away age issues but I was wondering for us older ladies do you have any guilt about doing this? I am 42. 43 in August. I lost my Mum and Dad at 39 and 40. I ask myself all the time as I been selfish by wanting to do this at the age I am? Potentially I could be nearly 50 when taking my child to start school. My Mum was 40 when she had me but it was a mistake I was not planned. So actually planning to do this and knowing that I am potentially leaving a child parentless at a young age does make me feel guilty at times. Anyone else have that struggle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for all your well wishes. I appreciate all your thoughts xxx this week has been the worst(!!) but hopefully I'll start to feel better soon. I've been off meds for 6 days and haven't miscarried yet so I'm booked in for a d&c on Wednesday. I don't know what to expect but I'm just looking forward to all of what's inside being out and then moving on.
    We have our three frozen blastocysts so once the pain of this cycle has gone a bit we will be back to Zlin again for that try. I'm nervous about their b grade quality but I'm going to try to be positive

Lozza - welcome!! I wish I could answer your questions about the age issue but as age isn't a factor in my fertility issue I can't give my own personal experience. I think though that the reason for you going through DE IVF and your desire to have a baby which you will love and care for should far outweigh any guilt you may have at being an "older" (sorry) mum. Think how much you can provide for your child and how ready you are in your life for this opportunity. I don't believe that your age would factor your ability to be an amazing mother. I hope that helps???

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @lozza I have just turned 49 so in my eyes your still a spring chicken !! I had my last o/e baby at 45, I had my first at 23, I could have died anywhere in between and my kids could have been left without a mother so don't let age put you off becoming a mum D/e ivf is very simple compared to o/e ivf, a down reg shot and then estrogen, progesterone, baby asprin and prednisone for a shorty time, depending on your history you maybe on some other medication. You can stay at the clinic hotel which is amazing and makes everything simple, between egg pick up and transfer you can go off to prague for a few days sight seeing, it's an amazing city !! Zlin is very easy to get to by train, from both prague and Vienna airports. I usually fly into london and spend the night there then fly onto prague to help break the trip up, and help with the jet lag. So now all you do is wait for them to get back into contact and get all the tests done and you'll be on your way @sunshine thinking of you and hope everything is resolved quickly In some ways having a dnc is quicker and easier
    Hi @Tegs How much longer for you ? We have 7 wks today before we fly out and 9 ish wks before transfer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

lozza0708  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Stacey you just became my hero! Trust me I don't feel like a spring chicken. This process has made me feel so old. I hear constantly "because of your age" it drives me insane. I get it I am old! Or at least my eggs are. You are right in what you say there is no guarantee I could go out and get hit by a bus today. So many more women are doing it now I won't be the only approaching 50yr old taking my kid to school. If this all goes to plan I am thinking of flying into Vienna. So you got to Zlin by train? I have seen a lot of Europe back in my younger days. I have been to Prague and Vienna so if I go it won't be a sight seeing trip for me I till be in and out as quick as I can. This is just because of cost and the fact that my husband won't come with me again because of cost. We also have 2 foster children that someone needs to stay at home with. @sunshine I was so sorry to read about your situation. I can't imagine how that feels. I did not have to have a d&c. I hope it's over for you soon and you can move on to the next cycle with your frosties.
    Tegs and Stacey I am looking forward to following your upcoming cycles
    Last edited by lozza0708; 15-03-2016 at 09:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lozza I went over by myself but because I have family in london I chose to stay the extra couple of days there before flying home, otherwise I would have been in and out as well, we did double donor because we had no one to look after our kids and at that time it was easier, cheaper and simpler just for me to go. From Vienna you can either get the train to Otrokovice and then taxi to zlin/clinic or you can get the student agency bus, both are good options if your doing donor embryos and they're frozen you'll be doing a fet so won't need the down reg injection just the pill for 3 mths before you go and then estrogen, progesterone etc, it's a simpler process than fresh
    Last edited by stacey10; 15-03-2016 at 09:11.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

lozza0708  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

thinking of you Synshine. I've had 2 d&c over the last 12 months unfortunately. It's a simple procedure and you're put under for it all. you wake up in recovery and all done. I tend not to have much bleeding after but you will have some after. I had miscarried and they give you the option to let it all happen naturally, I always opt for the d&c to get it all over with, I do not want it dragging out. Hope you are going ok.

lozza, I am one of the older ones. I will be 47 this year. My first attempt I was 45. Unfortunately I have had 2 attempts with donor eggs and miscarried at around 6-8 weeks. Deciding whether to go back or not. Yes, I have been through the age questions, along with some family who pointed the age thing out. But I work in child protection, and you know what, a loving family is what is important, and we would certainly provide that. I do find it funny sometimes when I see some friends on Facebook, with children turning 21, some even having grandchildren, while here we are trying to have a child. But, if we are lucky enough to have our child that child will be loved and have a great life, our age does not affect that.

We are off to see dr M today. We are going to see him rather than a phone consult. Give hubby a chance to to talk to him too. Will let you all know how we go.

deb

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Debant For This Useful Post:

lozza0708  (15-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh good @Deb I've been wondering when your appointment was, I've a shocking memory atm and can't retain a thing looking forward to an update from you and hopefully some positive news so you can move forward

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Definitely will be doing donor embryos. I don't think there is a fresh option with the donor embryos. I don't know at what day they are frozen though. Some clinics do 3 days and some do 5. Do you ladies know? I have sent an email to Anna and asked her. I am hoping 5 days just so we have a little more insurance I guess. Debant I am so sorry about your losses. I am struggling with one it must be devastating for you to have it happen twice. I hope you do go for a 3rd cycle and maybe that will be your lucky one. I am actually studying to work in child protection and have been a foster carer for 12yrs. So yes I understand what you mean about a loving family. You would experience the same thing I do day in and day out of dealing with people that should not and don't deserve to have the family they have. Some days its a real struggle for me. They can just pregnant so easily they don't look after themselves and they abuse the precious life they have been given . Anyway looking forward it seems as though this might actually happen. Sometimes I have thought that its all just a pipe dream but to find ladies that have done it and it's worked gives me great hope.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @lozza zlin only freeze on day 5 and they're good quality, they throw anything out under grade 2. When do you think you will be going? It's much much cheaper doing a donor embryo fet, as I said no down regulation injection if you let me know I could get you the utrogestan (progesterone), enough to get you to transfer day and you can buy the rest at the clinic as it's very expensive over here and only €7 a box over there

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am not sure yet Stacey. I guess I am still at planning stages. I really want to go this year but I am thinking it will be in the second half of the year now. We are trying to sell our rental property and that will fund my trip. So the only mediation for an FET is the progesterone? I still have some left over from my last IVF cycle. Not sure how much though. I will have to take clexane as I have blood clotting family history. As you are going over for FET in May you will be able to tell me all about the process Is this your last embryo from your twin cycle?