+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 79 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    sunshine that is some fab numbers there!!! So excited for you and your hubby! Just wonderful news

2. The Following User Says Thank You to tegs26 For This Useful Post:

Sunshine14  (07-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

How's everyone going? I am have been a little absent from BH this last week been away with work then busy at work.
    @sunshine how are you going? when is the next tests etc?

Hope everyone else is good!

Tegs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I hope you all are well!
    I have my scan booked in for Wednesday when I will hopefully be 7 weeks. I wish I could say that I'm excited about it but I have noticed a really severe diminishing of all pregnancy symptoms for the past few days. I am so scared that it is going to be another chemical. I just feel so different than how I was feeling last week. It scares me that what I was feeling has completely gone. I know symptoms can come and go but I just don't think they all would? I'll update you all on Wednesday but right now I'm just holding my breath and hoping that symptoms disappearing can't only mean anything bad. Argh! What a whirlwind!!!

I hope you all are well and that you are all looking after yourselves through this hard process xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your right @sunshine, symptoms can come and go and if your on prednisone they can totally mask the symptoms, I remember having panics as I didn't feel pregnant, totally different to my natural pregnancies, where I always "felt" pregnant, so I totally get where your coming from, just try and make it to Wednesday without going around the twist and hopefully you'll have a lovely surprise

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Ladies,

I have stumbled on your threads looking for information. I am considering going to Prague sometime this year. I am looking at GENNET. I have spoken to Zlin but they have a BMI limit so I can't go. GENNET don't have a BMI limit. Whilst I have lost and continue to lose weight I am still over their requirement. So it makes it a bit tricky.

So I see a few of have had success and some not. Congrats to you pregnant ladies and to those still trying I hope you little bean is just around the corner.

So about me I am 42. Unable to conceive because of my husbands cancer history. We needed donor sperm which when we first got married decided it was not for us. Skip ahead about 14yrs and 48 foster children later we decided that we want one of our own and that genetics really are such a small part of a loving family. So I have done 10 IUI's and 3 IVF cycles. My 3rd IVF cycle resulted in a BFP but needed in miscarriage last October. I am still struggling with that.

So now I am looking at donor embryo as my egg quality is no great. Our big problem is money. We all know how much this costs. We are selling our house and rental property this year and buying elsewhere so hoping that we are able to use some money from the house to fund the Prague trip sometime this year.

So I am wondering if there is anyone on the thread using donor embryo? Can someone give me summery of the ladies in the group where you are at etc.. Frozen vs fresh? What are you thoughts? We can only go to Prague once so should we go with fresh odds are better or does it really matter? I have no idea.

I am so glad I found this thread and hoping to chat with you ladies more about your experiences.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi and welcome @lozza
    I'm very surprised to hear that zlin have a BMI cut off, I'm wondering if that is recent as I have 2 friends who went and they're are bigger ladies, mind you they did go 2 1/2 yrs ago. There is a very active Gennet cycling thread on fertility friends u.k site. I would also take a look at Reprofit, they're in Brno and they have a very good supply of frozen embryos and it's another very popular clinic and as far as I know does not have a BMI cut off.
    As for donor embryos, go for it, most donated frozen embryos are of good quality as they are usually frozen on day 5 or 6 and only freeze the quality ones. I wouldn't accept a day 3 frozen embryo if it was offered to you though. If finances are an issue (when arnt they ) then frozen embryo is the way to go. With vitrification now, there really isn't much difference in fresh v's frozen and plenty of ladies who get a bfn with fresh go on to getting a Bfp using frozen. Also using frozen, it really means that only you need to go over, so that can save you money as well, you can be in and out of the Czech republic within a wk, so if your thinking you only have one go, you maybe able to stretch it to two goes that way if it doesn't work the first time round
    if your also worried about time, I think Gennet has a longer turn around from when you first make Contact to when you can cycle than at reprofit, and they may require more pre cycle tests as well though not 100% sure on that one

8. The Following User Says Thank You to stacey10 For This Useful Post:

lozza0708  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lozza,

This is the first I have heard about BMI for Zlin as I have a high BMI and they have not said anything did they give u a cut off point. I told them what my weight was and my height so they could work it out and I am in the obese range.

Who were you dealing with at Zlin? I am heading over in May and have been chipping away at my weight.

Anyway as Stacey said try the Fertility Friends UK website they have lots of info. The previous threads on her for Czech have some info on the others.

There are some US threads to if you type them in and put US.

I have read recently that Gennett have a huge wait list so maybe something to check out more.

Hope this helps but I really like Zlin and they have been fav with responses etc

10. The Following User Says Thank You to tegs26 For This Useful Post:

lozza0708  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by tegs26 View Post
    Anyway as Stacey said try the Fertility Friends UK website they have lots of info. The previous threads on her for Czech have some info on the others.
    agree that you can find tons of info on fertilitity friends co uk, but recommend checking fertilityclinicsabroad and eggdonationfriends com - wide range of info on European fertility clinics that offer de xx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to batbat For This Useful Post:

lozza0708  (08-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tegs,

I was emailing Anna. I can't find the email now. I first dealt with Praga Medica but they would not help me because of BMI.

This is what Anna said to me "if your BMI is too high ( I don´t now the exact number), it is recommended to lose your weight first and then start the treatment. Any overweight does not help to get pregnant, because fat also produces some hormones that disbalances your body, influencing heart and other organs."

She then came back and said 30 or 35 I can't recall that is the email I can't find. I am only going with Gennett because of the BMI issue but I am not 100% comfortable with them. I would prefer to investigate Zlin further but figure whats the point because of my BMI.

I might go back and ask her again.

Thanks Ladies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Lozza,

My coordinator is Anna too. Did they actually say they won't treat you or was it a suggestion. The weight BMI issue is for your own eggs it is not such as a problem with donor eggs. The only other thing is that some places have insurance issues but you are only getting them inserted not actually having an op as such. I am slightly over 35 so not sure about this.

I would ask again and say you understand the concerns but you still wanna go ahead with them.

This is the first time I have read anywhere there is a BMI cut off. PS BMI needs to be removed I was involved heavily in swimming and life saving so I was even overweight when I was at my peak fitness ridiculous measurement.

Anyway, hope this helps but I would push for Zlin if I was you!