Closed Thread
Page 95 of 102 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My work is not too bad with time off. I use some annual leave and some personal leave and i can work my rdo's to try and accumulate TIL. @kylie764 i had a bad reaction to gestone too so will be using the subcutaneous progesterone injection this time in the tummy. Hopefully that works ok with me

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

fleetfox  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @fleetfox i will be back there the end of July new donor and hopefully lots of eggs collected and fertilised for a successful fresh transfer leading to a healthy pregnancy

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

fleetfox  (25-04-2016),Lolly99  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli... I may be in CT around the date you mentioned.

In regards to getting enough time off to do multiple trips in a year... you really can be there for a shorter duration if you have the scans and get yr gestone at home. Trip length can be cut down to less than a week plus flying time. For a frozen cycle.. I plan on coming back for about 4 days...plus flying. I read on here that some people have flown in and out of the same day for their frozen cycle.... but this would be too much flying in such a short time for me.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to kylie764 For This Useful Post:

fleetfox  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys. Am trying to work out how much time to take off for my FET... at the end of the day, this is my priority, so I want to take as much time as possible.

In the meantime, am going to look into immunology with Dr M - thanks everyone for the tip, it sounds like I am a prime candidate for immune issues.

Am planning on being in CT in the final week of July (though not booked in yet).

ECM, I'm sure your new donor will be fabulous and you'll get a very well deserved bfp!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to fleetfox For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fleetfox I have been to CT 3 times now. The first time we both went for 15 days and made it a holiday so I took 3 weeks off work I think. It ended up being a bfn, so I went back a couple of months later for a FET and just took 1 or 2 days off work so made it like a long weekend. I flew over one day, transfer the next and flew back home the following day! Very quick but still doable. It was also a bfn. Then the last trip I stayed just one extra day than previous (hey, you have to leave a day for shopping right! 😉) then flew back home. This one was a BFP and my baby girl is almost 6 months now. So all I told work for those last two trips was I was visiting family up the coast. Such short trips that no one notices your absence - even friends and family (if you haven't told them).

As for CFC, yes they are very busy and I guess I did have to follow up a couple of times before our first trip, but otherwise had no problems with them. I had Dr W. And yes I guess no history was really discussed however my scans etc were all done here with my FS and the whole donor process was managed and facilitated by them and they gave me the drug protocol to follow which was good in that it was less stress as they just told me what to do each step. I don't know if I have any immune issues as my FS doesn't really believe in it, but 3rd time lucky so I guess I didn't have to investigate further.

I still have frosties over there but not sure if I'll go back for more, mainly due to my age (47) and keeping up with more kids! Lol. (Financially too).

Not sure if any of that helps, but just wanted to point out that you can make it very short trips and hopefully your next one will be lucky!! Good luck.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (25-04-2016),ECM1981  (25-04-2016),fleetfox  (25-04-2016),Rhino  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KLM that is super useful to know, and so glad you got your bfp, congrats!

Gives me hope also to hear of other ladies having success with CFC after bfn... this was my first donor cycle and a big part of my was so hopeful that this would be the thing that worked. It's crushing when it doesn't work... so glad to have got some next steps now.

I asked CFC if they keep any stats on when their patients fly after transfer and whether that affects outcomes, but they said no - shame because they are in a unique position to collect those stats to see if it makes any difference to outcomes. Anyway, understand they are just offering the basics.

I find flying can be quite hard on my body - I can't sleep on planes, so it messes me up. I was thinking of staying in j'burg at the airport hotel this time to break up the flights, to be able to crash as soon as I get to SA, then taking a flight to CT the next day. Even though j'burg and CT are close, by the time we went through the airports it added 7 hours to our travel time last time - so tiring.

The other issue is jetlag - does anyone have experience with a shorter stay, is it easier to stay on oz time and avoid jetlag?

Not sure if these issues make a difference or not, but just want to give the next go my best shot. Thanks ladies <3

12. The Following User Says Thank You to fleetfox For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (25-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @fleetfox just a little tip...if you're going to consult with Dr M I definitely wouldn't book your July trip just yet. It can take awhile to get a phone consult, and then certain bloods can only be done on certain days of your cycle and then some tests can take weeks to come back...and then if you're put on certain drugs maybe you'll need to be on them for abit before they're effective. I'd just hate to see you lose money, that's all. Did you find the Immune thread on here?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fleetfox, just like KLM, our 2nd attempt with a fresh new donor was a short and sweet 'long weekend' away or so work thought. I had my lining scan over here and sent them the results and DH had (on our 1st failed attempt) left a sample with CFC which enabled us to not have to be there on EPU day. That cut a whole week out. We flew out Friday night, got there on Saturday morning incase we needed a 3dt (and didn't) so went in on the Monday for our 5dt. We flew out of CT to Joberg at 6am on Tues morning. One thing that we did, and would do again, is forward-book a room at Hotel Verde at the airport when we landed on the Saturday morning. After our transfer we drove from CFC straight to the hotel and booked in. We just dozed/slept/watched a couple of movies for the Monday arvo, got some room service and just relaxed. I was flat on my back all afternoon and night and the hotel was really clean and nice. Our Travel Agent also booked us in the last 10 rows at the back of the plane for the Joberg-Perth leg so we could claim a middle row of 4 seats each. We stretched out and slept the whole way.

Sunnygirl, congratulations on the safe arrival of your precious little bundles of joy.

@Kay2015 I'm stalking for updates, you must be getting close and @wazbub are your tiny twinlets home yet?

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

Kay2015  (26-04-2016),MamaKes  (27-04-2016),Rhino  (27-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I am confused about the need to do stats re flying. It is not a risk factor and it is known. People fly soon after transfer both in Australia and overseas.

On my first ever transfer with my own eggs I drove myself to Brisbane then had to rush back to do a case in theatre that had been moved (not my choice), and get on with my life. It was a positive, but blighted. People run, do exercise and all sorts of things and end up pregnant. We are investing more heavily in what we are doing, but we have to trust our own bodies and the functionality of that embryo to go to work and burrow in.

Relax and enjoy the experience. It is far nicer than IVF with your own eggs. Being calm is probably the most important thing of all.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

HB13  (26-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (26-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jennski yes twins are now home ☺ they did so well and came home after only 2 and a half weeks. They were home before they were even technically 37 weeks (full term). Now we're just learning each other and they have great joy in being more awake at night than in the day 😈. How is your pregnancy going? Listen to everyone around you and make sure you slow down post the 20 week mark. I found that i felt fine but then all of a sudden at 28 weeks i just became super exhausted and luckily pulled my maternity leave forward. If i hadn't i would have only had 1 week at home before they arrived! @Kay2015 I'm also stalking waiting for an update from you. Fingers crossed all goes well and your bundle of joy is here soon.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wazbub For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (29-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (26-04-2016),Kay2015  (26-04-2016),Lolly99  (26-04-2016),MamaKes  (27-04-2016),Rhino  (27-04-2016)