Closed Thread
Page 90 of 102 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am looking to be back in SA from approx 18 May to 25 to transfer my last frostie. I am nervous it might not defrost..then where do I go? I was quite disappointed with my donor only giving me 2 blasts.. With me putting one in and freezing one. If this doesn't work not sure if I will be heading back here for a third try., but will definitely have to get some suggestions on egg donors producing higher numbers of blasts.

On another note.. I have done a Langa tour.. Would definitely recommend. .. Gives a look how others live.,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tahli, that's great news and such a beautiful gesture from the BHuber, a great way to give back for what we have been given 😊.

Kylie, have a plan to do something extravagant over there just in case it arrests. I think defrosting % are quite high though.
    As a backup, you could always consider what Thali has done?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    That would be an amazing gift @babywish313 very thoughtful. I'm sure she would love it. We have had to mive our dates by 2 weeks which is annoying as we already had annual leave booked and airfares too. But our donor wants a break before our cycle so we want her to be happy as she is going through a lot for us. Its just extra money we didnt want to waste. We had already got our dates from our nurse which was why we went ahead and booked our flights. She requested the change the next day...typical! Maybe its fate and it will all be for the best

That's my biggest fear - having to push it back to suit the donor. I can't move my time off by two weeks - it would have to be a whole month later.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @kylie764 Firstly, I'm sorry you only got 2 blasts from your ED. What grade is the remaining one and have you discussed whether it's possible to access an embryo from the CFC embryo bank if this little one fails to thaw properly? Also, what date are you looking at ET?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies just popping in here from the Czech thread I hope you don't mind, a question if anyone could help, my gp is willing to give me a clexane injection for the flight, just wondering if any of you ladies have been prescribed it for flight reasons only because of the combo of age/long haul flight/estrogen etc, if so how much were you on? Thanks for any help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @kylie764 Firstly, I'm sorry you only got 2 blasts from your ED. What grade is the remaining one and have you discussed whether it's possible to access an embryo from the CFC embryo bank if this little one fails to thaw properly? Also, what date are you looking at ET?
    Good thinking! I thought it was an egg bank though?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @Miss Sagi! Yes, a completely beautiful gesture and one for which I am whole-heartedly thankful for.
    Part of me can't believe that with my own ED I still had about 25 embryos going on the afternoon of day 4 and I sat down with my FS and Nurse chatting away about how I could donate my 'spare' 20 embryos to Aussie women. By day 5 I had lost all of my 'spares' to donate.
    If The 3 Amigos all survive the thaw I've signed a consent form to transfer all 3. I'm excited about trying a new ED's embryos!
    If, god forbid, I have to do a fresh new ED cycle and am successful at some point (!) I wouldn't hesitate to donate my embryos to another Australian woman. I'd love to help if I can and also having a full or half sibling in Australia has become a much higher priority for me now.
    Last edited by Tahli; 22-04-2016 at 09:01.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-04-2016),ECM1981  (22-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (22-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by stacey10 View Post
    Ladies just popping in here from the Czech thread I hope you don't mind, a question if anyone could help, my gp is willing to give me a clexane injection for the flight, just wondering if any of you ladies have been prescribed it for flight reasons only because of the combo of age/long haul flight/estrogen etc, if so how much were you on? Thanks for any help
    Stacey, I'm sure CFC have done this for a few ladies on here for the flight. I was on it through Dr M here as a part of my immune treatment plan. It would just be the standard 40mg.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (22-04-2016),stacey10  (22-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    Good thinking! I thought it was an egg bank though?
    Also good thinking @Miss Sagi! You're obviously out of the newborn fog!! I'm pretty sure they have embryos too because I had a chat with my nurse about why they had so few embryos in their bank. She said once couples have created their families they're reticent to donate their remaining embryos to the bank because by that point they're full siblings. The majority of couples choose to let their embryos succumb instead. I understand that, and that's why I could only donate to one of the women off here I think.
    Last edited by Tahli; 22-04-2016 at 09:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Also good thinking @Miss Sagi! You're obviously out of the newborn fog!! I'm pretty sure they have embryos too because I had a chat with my nurse about why they had so few embryos in their bank. She said once couples have created their family they're reticent to donate their remaining embryos to the bank because by that point they're full siblings. The majority of couples choose to let their embryos succumb instead. I understand that, and that's why I could only donate to one of the women off here I think.
    I didn't know that. Yes, a very good option if you're flying all that way for 1 frostie.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (27-04-2016),Tahli  (22-04-2016)