Closed Thread
Page 9 of 102 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks everyone. I asked my coordinator about the Gestone too and she said the same thing....take it once a day. I'll do my best to keep that as close to 24 hours as I can.

Regarding agencies, I agree with the others...choose the donor that is right for you rather than the agency. I dealt with many agencies in the beginning as we had trouble locking in a donor and missed out on a few. They were all lovely and their service was pretty much the same.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats jen! Xxx i know women who have lost weight, i think its common x

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Jennski, I had/am having weight issues with my twins as well. My MS started at eight weeks and at 23 weeks I am about 1.5kgs below my pre MS weight. But I started off overweight and my OB is not concerned. There is a definite bump so I must be losing elsewhere but I can't see it. They have been measuring fine at each scan and are kicking away quite actively.

Still vomiting about once or twice a week and as things are getting pushed out of the way I am finding it hard to eat a full meal, so my strategy is smaller meals, more often and eat or drink but not both in the same sitting. I am starting to get heartburn as well so this same strategy helps there.

Hope all else is well.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunnygirl04 For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Just a quick update as we are still waiting at hospital but 20 week scan was all perfect. No velamentous cord insertion problem any more and they were wrong - we have a boy and a girl. We couldn't be happier

8. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (23-01-2016),cjocoh71  (22-01-2016),ECM1981  (22-01-2016),Gen72  (22-01-2016),Hopeful1975  (22-01-2016),Jennski  (23-01-2016),Outoftime  (22-01-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016),SalSA2015  (22-01-2016),Sunnygirl04  (22-01-2016),TannyMac  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Julie!! how very exciting...what a perfect outcome!! We've just found out that with our donor coming here, they will only transfer one embryo, so looks like no chance of twins for us. Bit disappointing as I don't know if time is going to permit us trying for number two...but at least if we have one healthy baby what more can we ask for.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    Congratulations Julie!! how very exciting...what a perfect outcome!! We've just found out that with our donor coming here, they will only transfer one embryo, so looks like no chance of twins for us. Bit disappointing as I don't know if time is going to permit us trying for number two...but at least if we have one healthy baby what more can we ask for.
    I assume you get to freeze embryos though for additional transfers later if required ? Time doesn't matter so much when using donors but yes I know what you mean. I didn't want us to be having babies at 45 and 47. Its pushing my boundaries for sure, although if I still had none by that stage I'd probably do it anyway.
    And yes, this is exciting ! This is the most excited I've been about this whole pregnancy that's for sure It might actually happen !!
    Last edited by JulieMalooley; 22-01-2016 at 15:11.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @TannyMac on the arrival of your babies they are adorable.

Congratulations @Jennski on your scan.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lisaxxx For This Useful Post:

Jennski  (23-01-2016),TannyMac  (26-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Felicity Fox View Post
    Hi there @Outoftime I was on Dr M's immune protocol (dexmethasone and clexane) for an OE FET in September due to elevated NK cells and MTHFR gene mutation thingy that can cause miscarriage,clotting and implantation issues. I had a very strong BFP but miscarried at 6 weeks (most likely due to my crusty 43 year old eggs). After my m/c I decided to move to DE and during my follow up appt with Dr M he suggested I throw intralipids into mix on the donor cycle. I have no idea whether it will make any difference but I wanted to cover all bases and at the end of the day I thought it would do no harm.

TBH I'm also a bit confused re the frequency as I have come across lots of different timings - Dr M suggested around 7-10 before transfer then around the day of transfer and then again after a BFP... then monitoring during pregnancy and further infusions if required. I am booked in for another intralipid session at CFC next week a few days before my transfer but I may cancel as I think it might be overkill as from what I have read the benefits of today's session should last around 4-6 weeks. For info, the CFC intralipids cost 2500 rand and are a lesser dose (I think it's only around 200ml and takes about 1-1.5 hours). To arrange it I contacted the IVF coordinator Jenny and she booked me in with no questions asked. I am also with Dr Matebese.

If I'm lucky enough to get a BFP I will have another infusion with my Dr here in Cairns in around three weeks time. The cost of today's session was $35 for the intralipids from the chemist and around $95 for the Dr's consult and I'll get part of that back from medicare. I feel very fortunate that it has been so inexpensive and that is thanks to a lovely caring gem of a local GP that I managed to find with the help of another Cairns lady on BH who passed on his details.

Anyhow, I hope that helps. Wishing you the stickiest of BFPs on your cycle next month. Here's hoping that you, @MrsErinR, @faith15 and I will all be BFP buddies together this year. FF xx
    Thanks for such a detailed response @Felicity Fox. Really appreciate the info. I have had two different types of nk cells tests and both came out with conflicting results so depending which FS I speak with I have either higher or normal levels. None have ever thought it worth putting me on steroids so I keep questioning myself whether I should self medicate with the intralipids or follow the CFC FS request.

I keep reading a lot on here meeting with a Dr M. Who is this Dr? I see the reference a lot but can't find any info on who it is.

My local GP Is not so helpful with writing prescriptions under PBS so I'm paying full price for EVERYTHING! Maybe there is a Sydney lady out there who has a decent GP I can change to.

For Us all who are getting ready for trips and transfers. After so many BFN's I can't let myself dream or I would loose my mind if I got another.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Outoftime you can get the scripts from London? Or get an obstetrician you will use later. That's who does all mine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @kylie764 & @BB4Me. DP and I will be heading over in February but we are over from 9th until 22nd Feb. not sure at this stage if we will still be in CT much after the transfer. But at the moment we have held back on the planning and booking until we have more solid cycle dates. Would be happy to catchup if we are still in town.

AFM it is finally starting for us. After months of planning I have started my drugs and now am just waiting for my donor to start her cycle. God I hope CFC have the right level of stimulation so we have a decent number of good quality eggs to use. When does the stress end?
    Last edited by Outoftime; 22-01-2016 at 20:17.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Outoftime For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (02-02-2016)