Closed Thread
Page 88 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello Gen 72
    Congratualtions with your journey so far using known egg donors from SA. I am considering using the option of known egg donor from SA but relucntant at this stage due to the cost and also the negative media. Would it be possible If i can PM you? or otherwise my contact is san_dee22@hotmail.com if you are free.
    I have until next week to make my mind up to go down this avenue, as there will be another group of known egg donor arriving in Brisbane in June.
    Kind regards avei

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you felicity for the info, this is really useful. As I am considering going to SA. Much appreciation Avei

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @aquinos77 I used travelling donors I was one of the first to sign on for the April round.

I found the process to actually be very easy. For me their was no issues with our donor, or any hiccups right until my lining was too thin so my transfer got cancelled otherwise I would be PUPO as it is I have 9 5 day frosties on ice 8 of which are graded at an AA,AB,BB quality so excellent overall. I may also have a few day 6's frozen too I haven't checked yet to find out.

In my lot there was 7 of us, some were from Syney and Melbourne and then me, then a few from Brisbane.

If you email Genevieve she pretty much goes over everything with you step by step as she needs it.

The costs are higher obviously somewhere around $26,000k all up including FET cycle fee for the first ET but worth it to get so many frosties, so many chances.
    I don't know what else you want to know but if you have any more Q's for me regarding the program just ask. I was wary of it as first as well because it is new but it really has turned out to be a positive experience for me so far. Even more so when i get my lining sorted and get to transfer one and hopefully get a BFP.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maxwellsmum For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (20-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (21-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Maxwellsmum- thank you for the info and also thats great to hear about the excellent quality of your embryos. All the best and Im sure with the excellent embryos that you will def get a BFP.
    Yes the cost is quite high which is something I am hesitant about, but am looking at accessing my super although not sure whether the cost of travelling donor would be accepted if I did apply. I am still weighing it up whether to go with the travelling donors or go overseas to a clinic. Thank you very much for the info and all the best

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, can I ask what the expected number of eggs is for Cape Fertility? I've read that they aim for around 12? I know everyone is different and have seen others get quite high numbers through reading the thread.
    Our chosen donor has previously gotten around 12 the last 2 times she's donated.
    My only concern is that we have male factors as well and wondered if I should have been looking for someone who gets more.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HB13 How many blasts did her recipients get on each cycle? How many did they transfer and how many did they freeze? If I had male factor issues then I'd personally be looking for more than 12 eggs as the starting point. And if you were open to it, I'd look at putting a few eggs aside to use with DS to be safe. Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Tahli,
    Thanks for your response. She had 5 and 6 blasts at day 5. I don't know how many got frozen or transferred or if those numbers were after transfer. We have already booked her in so I probably shouldn't be questioning now! I suppose I wondered if they ever up the drugs a bit to aim for more if there are known sperm issues. Or if their standard is to get 12ish every time?
    When we initially read 12, with that many blasts I was really happy compared to what we used to get! But have read of people getting quite a lot more. I know it's quality versus quantity. She has also had 1 child of her own.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm sorry, I don't know the answer to upping the stims. I know when I tried to ask anything about my donors meds I was politely shut down!! You can only ask the question I guess, just reiterate to them your sperm issues and that you're hoping for good quality egg numbers.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

HB13  (20-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    She's welcome to message me or Gen72 @Miss Sagi. We can share thoughts and costs and how it runs from start to finish. I must say all the donors have been very well chosen and well looked after. Warren is even taking them all out to lunch tomorrow for a farewell and thank you for their support in helping his patients.
    Hi mamakes I am looking at known egg donors and would love to hear your thoughts and experience
    Tia

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HB13 my first donor gave us 11 embryos in total so 2 transfered and 9 to freeze. Im not sure what the complete collection was, they never told me that. The donor we have chosen now has had good retrievals with 8-10 blasts. I hope she can do the same again for us. Just about to call CFC to dind out whats going on with our timing