Closed Thread
Page 84 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3474828384858694 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    How thrilling @ECM1981!! What are your travel dates? Have you chosen a day 5 transfer date? xx
    6th june - 18th june. Yes hoping for day 5. We are hoping for a good collection because we want to do PGS testing on the embryos before a day 5 embryo transfer. Fingers crossed scan on the tuesday after landing and egg collection approx 9/10 june.
    Last edited by ECM1981; 17-04-2016 at 22:00.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (26-04-2016),Tahli  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    How thrilling @ECM1981!! What are your travel dates? Have you chosen a day 5 transfer date? xx
    6-18 june. Scan on the 7th and then hopfully collection a few days after that. We hope to get a good number of fertilised embryos because we want to do PGS teating on them

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubhub is playing up again. Get it together bubhub!!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Blinky76 It has been a great experience, not without its hiccups let me tell you... but I'm glad I was at home to deal with those hiccups and more poor Donor Angel has had it a little rough the last couple of days, but I know that Warren has been looking after her and is in good hands.

I know I'm lucky to be in the position I'm in to be able to afford to do it this way also. Travelling O/S to ANY of the clinics (and to go back for an FET) is still way cheaper and you get to have an nice O/S holiday. But the travelling wasn't an option for us and thankfully as my DP works away we can afford to do it here. I think there needs to be a more affordable option to stay home and use this process. I'm not saying 'free for everyone', but just make it possible for EVERYONE to become parents if they want.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (18-04-2016),MamaKes  (18-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (18-04-2016),Offshorechick  (19-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    6th june - 18th june. Yes hoping for day 5. We are hoping for a good collection because we want to do PGS testing on the embryos before a day 5 embryo transfer. Fingers crossed scan on the tuesday after landing and egg collection approx 9/10 june.
    @ECM1981sirry if you've mentioned it but how much was the pgd? And how long does it take?
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question...has any-one paid for a private lining and follicle scan and paid less than $165 (no Medicare rebate)?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @emski72 I think the PGD is about $3k and you get the result the next day, so you know which embryos to transfer on day 6. Amazing!! I just wish it wasn't so expensive. I thought it was going to be more affordable than here in Oz. No gender selection allowed.
    It's interesting you've asked the question ( )....are you starting to gear up for another cycle? Is your DD's ED available for the later part of this year?
    @ECM1981 So all going well, a DET around 15th June? Thanks to your hard work, you have EVERYTHING working in your favour this time.
    Last edited by Tahli; 18-04-2016 at 09:44.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (18-04-2016),ECM1981  (18-04-2016),Lolly99  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It's interesting you've asked the question ( )....are you starting to gear up for another cycle? Is your DD's ED available for the later part of this year?
    Maybe... the topic came up a few times while we were away on holidays last week. We've only just paid off the last cycle with my last pay! I have no idea if she's still donating or not... I'd have to check with the agency, I did have a sneaky peek and she wasn't currently listed on their site. I might touch base with them in a few weeks and see if she is at least interested. I also can't do anything until Jan (still on the weightloss bandwagon and need a full 12 months recovering from that surgery) we could certainly do a freeze all pgd cycle though towards the end of this year and me fly over for a 4 day trip to minimise costs... I'm just thinking out loud at this stage though and trying to add things up in my head. What are the success rates with transferring a PGD 'normal' embryo? Anyone know?
    When you look at the 3k for PGD though (although a whopping upfront cost) it saves you doing repeat trips for embryos that were never going to do anything right? or am I missing something? My FET trip last year cost us about $4-5k all up with accommodation/flights/spending... this would be our last ever go and then, only with E's donor, I have no interest in using any other donor at this stage.

Argh I contemplated making an appointment with LB in about 3 months as a 'just in case' appt... I can always cancel it can't I?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @emski72 yes its about 3k. I can email you the forms they sent me if you like? Just pm your email address. Im doing it because like you said its a bit of extra comfort in knowing the embryos you transfer have been looked at and deemed chromosome perfect which will hopefully lead to more chance of a bfp.
    Yep @Tahli fingers crossed. There is not much more i can add or do at this stage! Im starting my diabex/metformin tonight and im scared. Any tips from you tahli or anyone else that has taken it? Take it at dinner?

15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (18-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @emski72 yes its about 3k. I can email you the forms they sent me if you like? Just pm your email address. Im doing it because like you said its a bit of extra comfort in knowing the embryos you transfer have been looked at and deemed chromosome perfect which will hopefully lead to more chance of a bfp.
    Yep @Tahli fingers crossed. There is not much more i can add or do at this stage! Im starting my diabex/metformin tonight and im scared. Any tips from you tahli or anyone else that has taken it? Take it at dinner?