Closed Thread
Page 81 of 102 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Hey sunny wow ... not long now, hasn't time flown since the biscuit mill hope your both ready.
    I just had my scan yesterday too. My concern is that head circumference is now 84% 32cm 😳weight seems about average at 2.6 kg ( 5,13) so baby has a fat head ! Less than 5 weeks to go !!! After three years of dramas. Someone said to me today gosh you seem to have had such an easy pregnancy ... Ha if only they knew.
    @ferngirl I'm due in five weeks too so I'll race you lol. Boo for the fat head, but as long as Bub is growing well then yay!
    Same goes for @cjohcoco - big is good ! Doesn't feel so good as the pregnancy progresses, but oh well, small price for us to pay

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (16-04-2016),ferngirl  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all been a little while since I posted, I will admit that some of the comments regarding our Known Egg Donors put me off. And as time was drawing near I didn’t want or need to hear that negativity. It had been a long journey with a few hiccups along the way and I needed to not be in a bad headspace for the ‘action time’ . And I do hope that the negative comments haven’t put anyone off from considering using the Known Egg Donors coming to Australia…it is just another alternative to traveling overseas. And for some it isn’t possible to travel, such as myself and my DP…not to mention that not everyone wants anonymity, we would have if we had to, but our choice was that our children could find out when they are 18 about their donor if they wanted to.

But I have been reading along with your continued journeys and it’s great to see that some of you that had taken some recent beatings are battling on and make new plans. @ECM1981 great to see you’re planning your next adventure!! Is hard to get back on that horse, but keep your eye on the prize!!
    @mummy2016 I’m so sorry that your journey has taken you to this awful dark place, but once you have dealt with you will see some light at the end of the tunnel…and as a lovely lady once told me…’you get the baby you were meant to have’ and they are still getting you the right one.
    @ferngirl OMG! Getting so close…don’t freak out when they start telling you things from scans like ‘oh your baby has a big head’ or ‘oh gee it’s a really big baby’. I was terrified when I had my son as I was only young and they said he was BIG…and he was, 9lb I am only 5’4 and barely weighed 50kgs (well 63kgs at the time with the baby weight) and had no trouble having him…you just can’t ever tell how it’s going to go.
    @JulieMalooley I can’t believe you are so close…it doesn’t seem that long ago that I was PM you when you first found out…and you were so so shocked. I’d love to come meet up with you for coffee one day if you have time…and the inclination.

I have already said this in the ‘Warren Thread’ but I am going to repeat myself as I want everyone to know…
    @MamaKes @Maxwellsmum & J (you know who you are, but wasn’t sure of your sign in here)…can I just thank you ‘wonder women’ you are some awesome girls, for the love and support that we’ve been able to share on our amazing journey!! I know we still have a ways to go, and we’ve all had some pretty ****ty hiccups on the way. We all have slightly different stories as to how we got to where we are and making our donor decision. But to be able to share this experience with you ladies knowing your there to listen when it gets too much for DP (they boys try so hard, but sometimes they want to fix it instead of just listen). And that isn’t to take away anything from the support of the rest of your ‘great gals’ here on the forum. But those emails late at night (and early morning) have been great – mwah!

Oh and @Maxwellsmum I saw your Angel as she was leaving the hotel last night as I was arriving…I was a little teary as I had just seen my Angel and it was a little emotional and T gave me a big hug…she is so lovely, they are ALL lovely girls. Then I said oh hang on don’t go I have to give you something, she had this strange look on her face and I grabbed her and gave her the BIGGEST hug I could muster and said ‘that’s from S’…and thank you for all you’ve done for us. She was nearly in tears.

So our update…
    Our Donor Angels arrived on Wed 6th April and we had a group dinner on the Thursday night. It was a little awkward, as you can imagine for a first time meeting. As my DP put it, it was like a really awkward first blind date. Hehehe. But we were lucky enough that our DA agreed to meet up and have dinner with us again on Sunday. It was a lot more relaxed by then as we had meet up again on the Friday to take care of the formalities of counselling etc. Dinner was really nice and we are glad we did it instead of just trying to have a quick coffee. We went to Georges Seafood restaurant at Eagle St and it was perfect, nice food and it was quiet so we could have a conversation without having to strain to hear each other or yell to make yourself heard.

My DP unfortunately had to head back to WA for work on Monday. However, with my flexible work schedule it allows me some freedom and DA and I went for a drive down the Gold Coast on Wednesday to see some sights and get some photos and just generally spend some time getting to know one another. We then drove home via the hinterland…we both wished we’d been able to spend a bit more time. But the upside is that she is coming back to Oz and we’re going to get together again then and plan a bit more so it isn’t so rushed….and hopefully we’ll have some good news to share with her.

Our Donor Angel had her EPU yesterday Friday 15th April (same as MamaKes), which will forever be in our calendar as ‘Donor Day’ which we will celebrate each year with cake and balloons – dorky I know! Amazingly this wonderful girl has gifted us 31 eggs!!! I know right…Lotto win, Bingo win and a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow all in one!! There were quite a lot of those eggs that were not mature, so we ended up with 20 mature eggs and this morning we received the fabulous news that 19 had fertilised!! She was looking really tired last night and she isn’t feeling 100% today, she has seen our Dr and she is slightly hyper stim, but he isn’t overly concerned and feels that if she rests today and drinks at least 3ltrs of water that she will OK, but I am still a little worried for her. I must admit that I find it hard to drink that 3ltrs of water after EPU, I think when they give you the IV fluids you feel ok so you forget you have to drink also.

She’s done such an amazing thing for us that the thought of her being unwell isn’t not sitting well with me at all. I’ve had messages from her and she say she’s doing ok…but I can’t help but worry about her. I just want to wrap her up in cotton wool and look after her…she is only a year older than my son, so I do want to kind of mother her a little, which I ‘ve tried to make sure I don’t. But she knows I’m only a 20min drive away so if she needs anything I can come in and see her.

OK well I think that is enough ramblings from my side of the fence…I’m feeling pretty crappy today. Had a scratchy throat for a couple of days, but it has now progressed into a cough and I feel blah…and I had a little temp earlier. I need to fight this off before Wednesday transfer day!! Lining is looking good at 8.3…bring on Wednesday 20th April!!
    Last edited by Gen72; 16-04-2016 at 15:01.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (16-04-2016),ferngirl  (16-04-2016),HB13  (16-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (16-04-2016),Lolly99  (16-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (16-04-2016),mummy2016  (17-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016),SalSA2015  (16-04-2016),Sunnygirl04  (16-04-2016),Tinachris  (16-04-2016),wazbub  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Gen72, thanks for sharing your journey on this new innovation for DE options. It sounds like you had a great time with your DA and now have a special bond.
    I'm sure if this was available before now, a few previous women on this thread would have chosen this option, to bring SA to Aus 😊.
    Good luck to you and the other girls with your transfers. Let us know how you go.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (16-04-2016),Gen72  (16-04-2016),MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Miss Sagi it sure has been a great journey so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like a known donor and doesn't have a friend or relative to donate, or doesn't want to use Australian forums to meet someone. I wouldn't have guessed how wonderful it would be to meet such lovely young women, my donor included, who is now a cherished friend no matter the result of our cycle. She's now our boys' special Aunty who lives in SA. We've all bonded with her and she's joined us on family outings and tomorrow off north to Sunshine Coast together to watch DS11's soccer game. Sad for her to leave Monday but she'd like to return one day and see more of Oz so we would host her, and we were already planning a trip to West Africa to see our family there within 2 years so she's welcomed us to make a side trip to CT and meet her family too and she's excited to show us where she's from. All in all a great experience. Only downside was a bit of nervousness around media coverage and threatened delays but small fry in big scheme of things.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (16-04-2016),Gen72  (16-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (16-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations @MamaKes and @Gen72 it sounds like it couldn't have gone better! Yes @Gen72 that seems like forever ago that I looked at the stick when I got my BFFP. It's weird, the time has flown yet it feels like such a long long time ago that we were in SA. It worries me that time is going so fast I might have two 3 year olds pop out at my c/s lol. Im happy to catch up sometime and celebrate you BFP

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    sounds good! Maybe we should try to do that before you have your hands full

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen72 View Post
    sounds good! Maybe we should try to do that before you have your hands full
    Yeah that's not far away... Where do you live ?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-04-2016),MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    @Miss Sagi it sure has been a great journey so far, and I'd recommend it to anyone who would like a known donor and doesn't have a friend or relative to donate, or doesn't want to use Australian forums to meet someone. I wouldn't have guessed how wonderful it would be to meet such lovely young women, my donor included, who is now a cherished friend no matter the result of our cycle. She's now our boys' special Aunty who lives in SA. We've all bonded with her and she's joined us on family outings and tomorrow off north to Sunshine Coast together to watch DS11's soccer game. Sad for her to leave Monday but she'd like to return one day and see more of Oz so we would host her, and we were already planning a trip to West Africa to see our family there within 2 years so she's welcomed us to make a side trip to CT and meet her family too and she's excited to show us where she's from. All in all a great experience. Only downside was a bit of nervousness around media coverage and threatened delays but small fry in big scheme of things.
    Another great experience shared. Thanks so much MamaKes 😊

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Gen72  (16-04-2016),MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS. I know someone who was considering this option a couple of months ago. I hope she's lurking so she can read about your positive experiences 😊

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (16-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm down at Wynnum...but would love the drive up to Redcliffe to come see you... there are some awesome places for lunch up there. If you're up for it and not too tired by then? Keep it in mind and I'll PM you at a later date as to when might suit you.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Gen72 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (16-04-2016)