Closed Thread
Page 8 of 102 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ Lolly99 im trying to plan my next trip but have hit a brick wall with trying to get a few tests through Dr M. Im just waiting on a new plan based on test results but its going slowly. Just looking around at donors but cant request anyone yet because we dont have a date. So just waiting waiting. Thanks for your tips. Do you think 25yrs is too old? Girl i like is 25 and a proven donor, but is a light smoker:/ not sure about that part. Hope your 12 week scan goes well. I wish I was part of that group! Gosh darn it! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey el I so wish you were part of this group as well. You had best be in the next group!! By some miracle I have made it so far! I would think 25 is good, my donor was 23 but not a huge egg producer. I've heard of others who went with smokers without problems. I feel for you having to wait for testing, then wait for results. You want to just get on with it I'm sure. Be patient get everything checked and be completely prepared for the next cycle. And relax too babe!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolly99 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (23-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think 25 is too old. Dr W said to me to try and get someone 27 or under. Our superstar donor was 26.

I have a question for anyone who's been over for a FET. Did you try to choose a time of day for doing Gestone injections here, that worked there too? Did you have to inject yourself on the plane (which I really don't want to do) or in toilets somewhere (which seems only slightly better)?! What is the best strategy?

I'm wondering if it matters if I don't really take them 24 hours apart, or even if I could just use pessaries instead whilst flying although that's going to be a bit yuck when you can't lie down.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - My coordinator at CFC told me I could take my Gestone any time of day as long as I take it once a day. Not sure if that helps.

Felicity Fox - Thanks so much for the well wishes. Really praying for good news with this cycle.

AFM - I had my lining scan today, it was 8.4mm. My doc was happy with it but I was hoping for something above 9mm. So started Gestone today and transfer is on Tues.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi girls, congrats and goodluck to all! Can anyone tell me if they used sunshine for their donors and what is your opinion of them and experience with them? Are there any agencies you would stay away from? Maybe PM me if you think its better? Thank you x
    Hi ecm, I used sunshine they were great I have no complaints I still keep in touch with Rikki. They are knowledgable and caring. We met up with Rikki in person at the coffee shop when there.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ferngirl For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BB4Me and Kylie764 I'll be arriving in Cape Town on 1st with my first appointment on 2nd staying near The Waterfront at that time.

Happy to meet if you are. Travelling with mum and a very heavy 5 month old. That part I'm concerned about. Blink and this year is gone.

I am still on pill and start Lucrin on 12/13 (can't wait). Have lost so much hair while on Microgynon this time it's crazy. Bed, floors, everywhere. Hoping it stops once I stop the pill. I always have really bad breakthrough bleeding but it has nothing to do with final lining result etc. BFP for me first round.

I didn't use EDSA because the advertised availability was months out from reality so planning was a nightmare. ABabySA emailed me back and forth while speaking directly with donors on their end giving me true availability in real time, allowing me to lock in a donor. I knew when I wanted to cycle and I had no flexibility so it helped me a lot.
    Last edited by KMP; 22-01-2016 at 07:04.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KMP For This Useful Post:

BB4Me  (02-02-2016),ECM1981  (22-01-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi mrs Erin I'm same as faith. My coordinator said it didn't have to be same time every day. I explained that I had been taking them at night and our flight was early in the morning and she said don't worry about it just to have it every day. Good luck with your upcoming cycle!! Fingers crossed for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM, look at all the donors at all the agencies and find the one/s that suit your profile and availability, don't worry so much about what agency as you will only be dealing with them for 6-8wks out of your life. It's really the donor that counts, not so much the agency. In the cold light of day, once you have your children, you won't give a hoot which agency was this or that.

MrsErinR, I was meticulous in making sure we injected POI every 24hrs so I researched times and worked out 9pm Aus was the best for us, then just time adjusted for travelling. We had to inject at Perth on the way over and J'berg on the way back but just snuck into the disabled toilet each time for more room. I believe your body expects/relies on that regularity (much like taking the pill at the same time each day).

Faith, I ate half an avocado each day in the lead up to our lining scan and mine was 13mm a week out from transfer. I don't usually eat avocado that much, I think I've eaten it once since we've been home, so it had to have something to do with it.

Good luck to everyone going over, or in, CT soon. Another wave of BFPs!!!!

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (23-01-2016),faith15  (22-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    12 wk scanned done and dusted. Bubski & Co were 5.6cm each with good strong heartbeats. AFM - still sick 24/7, still blah, still can't look at food, still don't even have a bump yet and still can't believe I'm pregnant!!! Not at all complaining though!

Funny thing happened ... Last night I was watching Jamie Oliver on TV and he got some chicken marylands and drizzled some oil on them ... made me go and have a quiet vommie in the loo. DH couldn't believe that just looking at chicken on TV made me sick!!!! So cooking shows are out ... I've lost 5kg since BFP, I'm hoping I can make that back up but watching people cook isn't doing it for me!

Did/has anyone else dropped weight from their morning sickness?

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

cjocoh71  (22-01-2016),ECM1981  (22-01-2016),faith15  (22-01-2016),ferngirl  (24-01-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MisserinR i have done 2 FET. I usually took gestone in AM but on flyout day i took it a few hours before my flight( so about 6pm) and then took it again once i got to my hotel in SA. I landed in SA in the morning so just resumed all meds again as per any other day. My CFC nurse told me to do that. Good luck!