Closed Thread
Page 76 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Thanks Miss Sagi, I thought that would have been the case. Yeah I thought 1000 was good, the young pharmacy guy was surprised that I thought 1000 was cheap!
    Just double check its in 10 vials and not 1 syringe. From memory chemist warehouse was cheap but it was 1 pre-filled syringe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did tell him it must be vials and the reason for it but I will definately double check again before i order it ☺

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    The email I got says "Your donor has a donation prior to yours,........This means she only be screened in the last week of May. We can push the dates if you feel this may be too rushed for you in terms of making your bookings?"

I'm still waiting to find out what this means in regards to the dates they sent me in my email yesterday. My date were for our retrieval was approx 1st July. That's 7 weeks between retrievals. Is that normal?
    I read that as though they can get your cycle through earlier than your requested dates?
    Sounds like the date they need ti screen for July 1 is when she's cycling for the one before you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Earlier? I hadn't considered that. I gave them my preferred dates in a previous email with regards to my annual leave from work. Earlier for me is not an option unless she's talking a week, which I'm pretty sure she's not. I guess I'll find out tomorrow when she replies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    The email I got says "Your donor has a donation prior to yours,........This means she only be screened in the last week of May. We can push the dates if you feel this may be too rushed for you in terms of making your bookings?"

I'm still waiting to find out what this means in regards to the dates they sent me in my email yesterday. My date were for our retrieval was approx 1st July. That's 7 weeks between retrievals. Is that normal?
    Hmm im not sure about that, im a bit confused. So is it the standard screening that they are talking about. I think 7 weeks between will be ok. Our donor is currently donating right now and will be donating again for us in June so there is approx 9 weeks between retrievals. Sorry i havent been much help 😕 do you feel like someone else has quickly jumped in front of you over night because shouldn't they have told you all of this before they gave you dates?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm im not sure about that, im a bit confused. So is it the standard screening that they are talking about. I think 7 weeks between will be ok. Our donor is currently donating right now and will be donating again for us in June so there is approx 9 weeks between retrievals. Sorry i havent been much help ������ do you feel like someone else has quickly jumped in front of you over night because shouldn't they have told you all of this before they gave you dates?
    It really does feel like someone has jumped in. What happens if there is a problem with the donors scan after they donate for someone else? I'm googling prices of accommodation etc and looking into cost to change dates. Not sure I want to leave it til end of May to book anything. Bit too close for my liking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has this girl donated before/is she a proven donor or is she unproven? The good thing is at least you will see how she responds to donating. Of course if she doesnt donate well it wont put much confidence in to you, but on the flip side sometime the first donation is a bit or trial and error to see how women respond. That what they told me personally when i was using my own eggs. Im wondering were you stand in regards to requesting her first and then having someone else jump in front, it would be different if you had more time to play with. I would be annoyed too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Has this girl donated before/is she a proven donor or is she unproven? The good thing is at least you will see how she responds to donating. Of course if she doesnt donate well it wont put much confidence in to you, but on the flip side sometime the first donation is a bit or trial and error to see how women respond. That what they told me personally when i was using my own eggs. Im wondering were you stand in regards to requesting her first and then having someone else jump in front, it would be different if you had more time to play with. I would be annoyed too.
    Yes it did occur to me that my once "unproven donor" will now be a proven donor. I'm going to cross my fingers and hope for the best. I'll look at flights and accommodation over the next few weeks and make my decision when I have more info. Any suggestions on where to stay? I like the idea of self-contained accommodation. I think we'll hire a car while there. DH will go stir crazy if we can't get out and about and do some touring. He's a waterskiier but I think it might be a bit too cold in July to do any water sports.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It will be very cold in the water but i recommend doing the shark cage diving!! My hubby and i did it first time we went over and then he did it again 2nd time which was in July. He said it was way colder but the water was much clearer. Also a safari is a must if you have the funds. I like staying around the V and A waterfront or close to it, sea point or green point because its convenient for those days you dont want to drive too far. You can do robben island, table mountain, botanic gardens, camps bay, aquarium, great markets all near the v&a. Its got a great vibe about it. The city center isnt too far away. The red tour bus was a great way to tour around all the must see parts. We did a great wine tour also out to stellenbosch. There is heaps to do!! We did our overnight safari inbetween egg retreival and day 5 transfer and we let CFC know where we were going incase they needed us to come back earlier. All our tours etc were easily arranged from our hotel reception once we got there. Feel free to PM anytime. Writting down all the things to do is getting me excited. Hope you like eating because the food is great! Especially the meat, dh is very excited about having a steak at balthazaar! I hope it all falls into place for you ☺

13. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (14-04-2016),arall  (12-04-2016),babywish313  (13-04-2016),HB13  (13-04-2016),Offshorechick  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone,

I booked Edinburugh Military Tattoo first then all the flights, we land in Cape Town 15th July we leave for London on the 16th August we have 5-6 weeks there then America. I had been up front with the clinic and agencies about travel plans and any changes to that because its such a big holiday. Originally we where going to London first to coincide with a donors availability in September/Oct but that put the flight costs way to high.

My donor is being locked in and its all systems go. I am staying in a hotel at Newlands it looks pretty central to the V&A and the clinic and having the hire car will be great for getting around. I have written down over a page of things from this thread to do so I shall see if I can scan it in or I'll put in word and copy and paste so everyone that's going can have a look.

I'm so excited with my donor and my friends and family are thrilled, my mum if she was alive would have loved the pictures also like my aunties they are amazed that someone on the other side of the world looks like my nan and all of us kids.

Congratulations to everyone on the start of a thrilling ride.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babywish313 For This Useful Post:

Aquinos77  (20-04-2016),ECM1981  (13-04-2016),HB13  (13-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (13-04-2016),Offshorechick  (14-04-2016)