Closed Thread
Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 1011
  1. #741
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    692
    Thanked
    613
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi @AdelMum welcome I would recommend staying near the V and A because there is lots to do there and it's a good base. lots of restaurants and places to eat. You have the aquarium, the gem store, the markets, boat tours, the red bus tour- all good stuff to do with a 6yr old. I like to stay near there because it cuts down the need for a taxi in the evenings and I wanted that option when I was on my own. I personally wouldn't walk around at night anywhere else.The hotels in V and A can be expensive but the serviced apartments seem reasonable. Or you could stay at one of the smaller boutique hotels based around Green Point or Sea point and get a taxi to V and A or anywhere else you decide to go.($5-10aud) Walking is easy during the day but I wouldn't do it at night and we were recommended not to by our hotel. Lots of ladies stay close to the clinic for short trips. I think we might look at apartments for our next trip or possibly go back to the One 8 in green point. Wishing you the best of luck, it's a great city.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

    AdelMum  (14-04-2016)

  3. #742
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ECM, you won't be able to get the authority script as its only for cancer patients. Make sure it comes in 10 different vials. $1,000 is cheap.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

  5. #743
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Redcliffe, QLD
    Posts
    3,170
    Thanks
    5,074
    Thanked
    6,960
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow so many of you are booking your trips - I remember how exciting that part was !! Good luck everyone 😀 I hope to see some more BFP's from CT soon.

  6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

    arall  (12-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016)

  7. #744
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Well in the space of less than 24 hours I've received an email saying that my ED is doing a donation prior to mine and they want to know if I want to push my dates out or would such a short time frame be ok with me with regards to booking flights and accommodation. At least that's what I think I've been asked....didn't really want to book everything until the Treatment Plan was confirmed but thought that I'd get more than 4 weeks notice. Taking a deep breath and just waiting for CFC to email me back to clarify. Need a cup of tea.

  8. #745
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    692
    Thanked
    613
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    ECM, you won't be able to get the authority script as its only for cancer patients. Make sure it comes in 10 different vials. $1,000 is cheap.
    Thanks Miss Sagi, I thought that would have been the case. Yeah I thought 1000 was good, the young pharmacy guy was surprised that I thought 1000 was cheap!

  9. #746
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    692
    Thanked
    613
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Well in the space of less than 24 hours I've received an email saying that my ED is doing a donation prior to mine and they want to know if I want to push my dates out or would such a short time frame be ok with me with regards to booking flights and accommodation. At least that's what I think I've been asked....didn't really want to book everything until the Treatment Plan was confirmed but thought that I'd get more than 4 weeks notice. Taking a deep breath and just waiting for CFC to email me back to clarify. Need a cup of tea.
    Hi, so does that mean the donor will still be doing one donation before you or are they trying to squeeze you in before she donates for the other person? When were you hoping to head over? Was it July? 4 weeks seems very rushed. Are you doing a natural cycle or will the need to control everything with meds? Did the cuppa bring your heart rate down? X

  10. #747
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    127
    Thanked
    119
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi, so does that mean the donor will still be doing one donation before you or are they trying to squeeze you in before she donates for the other person? When were you hoping to head over? Was it July? 4 weeks seems very rushed. Are you doing a natural cycle or will the need to control everything with meds? Did the cuppa bring your heart rate down? X
    The email I got says "Your donor has a donation prior to yours,........This means she only be screened in the last week of May. We can push the dates if you feel this may be too rushed for you in terms of making your bookings?"

    I'm still waiting to find out what this means in regards to the dates they sent me in my email yesterday. My date were for our retrieval was approx 1st July. That's 7 weeks between retrievals. Is that normal?

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

    Miss Sagi  (12-04-2016)

  12. #748
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Thanks Miss Sagi, I thought that would have been the case. Yeah I thought 1000 was good, the young pharmacy guy was surprised that I thought 1000 was cheap!
    Just double check its in 10 vials and not 1 syringe. From memory chemist warehouse was cheap but it was 1 pre-filled syringe.

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

    ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

  14. #749
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    505
    Thanks
    692
    Thanked
    613
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I did tell him it must be vials and the reason for it but I will definately double check again before i order it ☺

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

    Miss Sagi  (12-04-2016)

  16. #750
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    735
    Thanks
    1,163
    Thanked
    1,322
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    The email I got says "Your donor has a donation prior to yours,........This means she only be screened in the last week of May. We can push the dates if you feel this may be too rushed for you in terms of making your bookings?"

    I'm still waiting to find out what this means in regards to the dates they sent me in my email yesterday. My date were for our retrieval was approx 1st July. That's 7 weeks between retrievals. Is that normal?
    I read that as though they can get your cycle through earlier than your requested dates?
    Sounds like the date they need ti screen for July 1 is when she's cycling for the one before you.


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #10
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1048
    Last Post: 24-09-2015, 16:41
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 984
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #7
    By emski72 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1114
    Last Post: 15-02-2015, 16:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
sales & new stuffsee all
Be In Blossom
Keen to up the intensity of your exercise after having your baby but unsure how? New physio-led Bootcamp Workshops aim to bridge the gap between low and high intensity training, teaching ways to reduce pelvic floor load in gym and bootcamp settings.
featured supporter
Sudocrem / Infacol
Sudocrem® Healing Cream is a soothing emollient cream which aids and assists in the management of nappy rash, eczema, abrasions, wounds and minor skin irritations. Infacol Wind Drops are an effective method of treating wind in infants.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!