Closed Thread
Page 75 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @HB13 If I'm honest, I've always booked my flights before I've received my Treatment Plan but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to others. For example at Xmas time the cost to move the dates was less than how much they were going up by daily.
    I'm taking a little break at the moment while I save back up again for a fresh cycle. I'm keeping an eye on how 2 unproven donors first cycles go, plus one of the BH girls' ED who is currently cycling for some-one else.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (13-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (12-04-2016),Offshorechick  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am just waiting to book flights we are doing an ED cycle in June at CFC using a donor from EDSA. We have advised that we want to be there on the 6 June 2016. Still waiting for the treatment plan before booking as cost isn't to bad as long as we book by 30 April. We are going to fly SA airlines which is about $2000 each return from Adelaide. We have a 6 year old and they are the most direct flights, although Qatar had cheaper fares I am going to book my own return flight as being able to change just in case I need to stay longer. CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!

We submitted all paperwork to CFC and agency on 4/04/16 so hopefully find out treatment plan soon. Not sure where we will stay though as we need an apartment as it is easier with our daughter.

It is so good to find other cycling in SA soon so we can keep each other updated. This is our first DE cycle so all new.
    Last edited by AdelMum; 12-04-2016 at 16:43.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdelMum For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),babywish313  (13-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Oh wow @ECM1981 I can understand why you're feeling grumpy. Poor you!
    Did he suggest you wean onto the Diabex/Metformin? I started on 1000mg without weaning on to it which was a huge mistake. I went into an Hypoglycemic episode on more than one occasion.
    I'm so happy for you that you're ready to book your flights and accom. I remember when you'd thrown the towel in after your last transfer, and your state-of-mind. You should be very proud of picking yourself back up again. You go girl!!
    Thanks tahli, think I'm just getting tired of it all! Thanks to you though for helping pick me up very often! How are you coping with your new situation? You sound positive and forward moving which is great I think I will wean into the diabex based on your experience. A massage voucher is a great idea, a bit of pampering never goes astray especially after doing an ET.
    so I just went to a couple of pharmacies about neupogen. Amcal said I should get an authoritive script so I can get it for cheaper- they quoted me 3000k! The other pharmacy was Priceline and he quoted me $1000 which is what I was expecting but he recommended I try to get an authoritive script also or try some of the pharmacies at the hospital. I don't think I will be able to get authority because it's usually used as a cancer treatment so fertility isn't on it's list.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @AdelMum welcome I would recommend staying near the V and A because there is lots to do there and it's a good base. lots of restaurants and places to eat. You have the aquarium, the gem store, the markets, boat tours, the red bus tour- all good stuff to do with a 6yr old. I like to stay near there because it cuts down the need for a taxi in the evenings and I wanted that option when I was on my own. I personally wouldn't walk around at night anywhere else.The hotels in V and A can be expensive but the serviced apartments seem reasonable. Or you could stay at one of the smaller boutique hotels based around Green Point or Sea point and get a taxi to V and A or anywhere else you decide to go.($5-10aud) Walking is easy during the day but I wouldn't do it at night and we were recommended not to by our hotel. Lots of ladies stay close to the clinic for short trips. I think we might look at apartments for our next trip or possibly go back to the One 8 in green point. Wishing you the best of luck, it's a great city.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (14-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ECM, you won't be able to get the authority script as its only for cancer patients. Make sure it comes in 10 different vials. $1,000 is cheap.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow so many of you are booking your trips - I remember how exciting that part was !! Good luck everyone 😀 I hope to see some more BFP's from CT soon.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JulieMalooley For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well in the space of less than 24 hours I've received an email saying that my ED is doing a donation prior to mine and they want to know if I want to push my dates out or would such a short time frame be ok with me with regards to booking flights and accommodation. At least that's what I think I've been asked....didn't really want to book everything until the Treatment Plan was confirmed but thought that I'd get more than 4 weeks notice. Taking a deep breath and just waiting for CFC to email me back to clarify. Need a cup of tea.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    ECM, you won't be able to get the authority script as its only for cancer patients. Make sure it comes in 10 different vials. $1,000 is cheap.
    Thanks Miss Sagi, I thought that would have been the case. Yeah I thought 1000 was good, the young pharmacy guy was surprised that I thought 1000 was cheap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Well in the space of less than 24 hours I've received an email saying that my ED is doing a donation prior to mine and they want to know if I want to push my dates out or would such a short time frame be ok with me with regards to booking flights and accommodation. At least that's what I think I've been asked....didn't really want to book everything until the Treatment Plan was confirmed but thought that I'd get more than 4 weeks notice. Taking a deep breath and just waiting for CFC to email me back to clarify. Need a cup of tea.
    Hi, so does that mean the donor will still be doing one donation before you or are they trying to squeeze you in before she donates for the other person? When were you hoping to head over? Was it July? 4 weeks seems very rushed. Are you doing a natural cycle or will the need to control everything with meds? Did the cuppa bring your heart rate down? X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    Hi, so does that mean the donor will still be doing one donation before you or are they trying to squeeze you in before she donates for the other person? When were you hoping to head over? Was it July? 4 weeks seems very rushed. Are you doing a natural cycle or will the need to control everything with meds? Did the cuppa bring your heart rate down? X
    The email I got says "Your donor has a donation prior to yours,........This means she only be screened in the last week of May. We can push the dates if you feel this may be too rushed for you in terms of making your bookings?"

I'm still waiting to find out what this means in regards to the dates they sent me in my email yesterday. My date were for our retrieval was approx 1st July. That's 7 weeks between retrievals. Is that normal?

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (12-04-2016)