Closed Thread
Page 74 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @Tahli. I haven't had the treatment plan yet. I've still got to send a couple more test results first, had to wait for the day 3 blood test so should have them all sent by end of this week.
    Once i get the treatment plan, I'm def ready to book flights etc. I think they will be expensive when I want to go because it will be school holidays, unfortunately I always have to pay more when I go away.
    Where are you up to? Have you got a donor picked out yet?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HB13 For This Useful Post:

Tahli  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry @Tahli i forgot to ask about the zoladex yesterday. It was a long tiring day, the LIT was painful and then at the end when i was asking him questiins i completely forgot about the zoladex. I was asking loads about my treatment plan, diabex, neupogen etc and just plain forgot. Sorry. I had a strange afternoon with AF, i was day 3 and had super super heavy bleeding, 5 large clots about the size of a 50c piece and went through about 8 pads in 5 hours which is not normal for me. I have no idea what is happening there? Seems to have settled now. Dont know if it was related to the LIT/pain? Today im very grumpy and moody! Lucky i took it off work. I am going to another pharmacy now to enquire about neupogen prices. We will hopefully book flights and accom this week. Im starting to stress now mostly due to arranging all the meds and paying for everything. Please god let this time work because we are nearly all out of everything!!
    Goodluck to all the new girls booking flights and donors this week. Pay no attention to me, im just having a moment! Haha

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

HB13  (12-04-2016),Lolly99  (12-04-2016),Tahli  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh i have bought my donor a pandora bracelet too with a few gorgeous meaningful beads. I also did that for my last donor aswell. And i write them a thank you letter. X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),Blinky76  (13-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ECM1981 sorry about your terrible and the bleeding. @HB13 & @Offshorechick my experience with CFC was that they didn't want me to book my flights until about a month before the ED. It seemed like they wanted to make sure the cycle was a 'go' before I booked my ticket. I would ask CFC before I book the ticket.
    I struggled with a gift for my donor. As she was interested in art, I took her some pictures from Ontario that I had framed near Cavendish mall and some earrings. One of the women on the forum suggested that. I do think they might appreciate jewelry a bit more. I was just feeling so grateful and wanted to share a bit of my life with her.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Canuck1 thats a lovely gift idea! Maybe i will also look for a nice print of Perth. I think any gift would be special to our donors as i dont think they expect anything from us but because we are so greatful to them we want to show them in the best possible way. I stress out about what if my donor hates jewellery or what if she hates silver, etc. Always something to worry about! She could well hate pandora!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My next ED will be receiving a massage voucher from The Vineyard, something I doubt they'd purchase for themselves, plus a personal keepsake pressie based on their profile. I guess I set a limit of around $100.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow @ECM1981 I can understand why you're feeling grumpy. Poor you!
    Did he suggest you wean onto the Diabex/Metformin? I started on 1000mg without weaning on to it which was a huge mistake. I went into an Hypoglycemic episode on more than one occasion.
    I'm so happy for you that you're ready to book your flights and accom. I remember when you'd thrown the towel in after your last transfer, and your state-of-mind. You should be very proud of picking yourself back up again. You go girl!!
    Last edited by Tahli; 12-04-2016 at 13:35.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HB13 If I'm honest, I've always booked my flights before I've received my Treatment Plan but I definitely wouldn't recommend it to others. For example at Xmas time the cost to move the dates was less than how much they were going up by daily.
    I'm taking a little break at the moment while I save back up again for a fresh cycle. I'm keeping an eye on how 2 unproven donors first cycles go, plus one of the BH girls' ED who is currently cycling for some-one else.

15. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (13-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (12-04-2016),Offshorechick  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I am just waiting to book flights we are doing an ED cycle in June at CFC using a donor from EDSA. We have advised that we want to be there on the 6 June 2016. Still waiting for the treatment plan before booking as cost isn't to bad as long as we book by 30 April. We are going to fly SA airlines which is about $2000 each return from Adelaide. We have a 6 year old and they are the most direct flights, although Qatar had cheaper fares I am going to book my own return flight as being able to change just in case I need to stay longer. CAN NOT WAIT!!!!!

We submitted all paperwork to CFC and agency on 4/04/16 so hopefully find out treatment plan soon. Not sure where we will stay though as we need an apartment as it is easier with our daughter.

It is so good to find other cycling in SA soon so we can keep each other updated. This is our first DE cycle so all new.
    Last edited by AdelMum; 12-04-2016 at 15:43.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AdelMum For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),babywish313  (13-04-2016),ECM1981  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    Oh wow @ECM1981 I can understand why you're feeling grumpy. Poor you!
    Did he suggest you wean onto the Diabex/Metformin? I started on 1000mg without weaning on to it which was a huge mistake. I went into an Hypoglycemic episode on more than one occasion.
    I'm so happy for you that you're ready to book your flights and accom. I remember when you'd thrown the towel in after your last transfer, and your state-of-mind. You should be very proud of picking yourself back up again. You go girl!!
    Thanks tahli, think I'm just getting tired of it all! Thanks to you though for helping pick me up very often! How are you coping with your new situation? You sound positive and forward moving which is great I think I will wean into the diabex based on your experience. A massage voucher is a great idea, a bit of pampering never goes astray especially after doing an ET.
    so I just went to a couple of pharmacies about neupogen. Amcal said I should get an authoritive script so I can get it for cheaper- they quoted me 3000k! The other pharmacy was Priceline and he quoted me $1000 which is what I was expecting but he recommended I try to get an authoritive script also or try some of the pharmacies at the hospital. I don't think I will be able to get authority because it's usually used as a cancer treatment so fertility isn't on it's list.