Closed Thread
Page 73 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Quote Originally Posted by arall View Post
    I was actually wanting to find out if anyone bought a small gift for their donors ?
    Yes - we bought a piece from Pandora. We added some charms that reflected things of significance to her (from her profile) and us.

I also added a (long) personal letter but you have to be careful to not have any identifiable information included.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

HB13  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Love that word ...lurking I too am guilty of that. I've messaged a couple of lovely ladies on here over the past 6 months who have helped me feel more calm about the process.

I've had confirmation that CFC have received my deposit but no response from my co-ordinator to say what happens next. Was hoping for early July to fit in with my planned leave but the later it takes to confirm everything it looks like it might push out to August. Trying to stay unconcerned by the no contact is proving to be difficult - I'm a self-confessed control freak.

I think I need a new hobby to keep my mind off of it all

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post
    Love that word ...lurking I too am guilty of that. I've messaged a couple of lovely ladies on here over the past 6 months who have helped me feel more calm about the process.

I've had confirmation that CFC have received my deposit but no response from my co-ordinator to say what happens next. Was hoping for early July to fit in with my planned leave but the later it takes to confirm everything it looks like it might push out to August. Trying to stay unconcerned by the no contact is proving to be difficult - I'm a self-confessed control freak.

Hi Offshorechick, I am also hoping to be over early July as its my school holidays and pretty hard for me to take leave at any other time. I put it in an email to both the donor agency and CFC emphasizing when I need to be there! I haven't heard anything either since my payment but from what I've read on their page it takes up to 1-2 weeks for the donor to have their first appointment then another 2 weeks to get the testing done. I'm pretty sure they update you once they've seen the donor.
    Good luck!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to HB13 For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Hi Offshorechick, I am also hoping to be over early July as its my school holidays and pretty hard for me to take leave at any other time. I put it in an email to both the donor agency and CFC emphasizing when I need to be there! I haven't heard anything either since my payment but from what I've read on their page it takes up to 1-2 weeks for the donor to have their first appointment then another 2 weeks to get the testing done. I'm pretty sure they update you once they've seen the donor.
    Good luck!

Hi HB13, I'm trying not to be impatient but I'm still checking my emails on my phone every 30 mins. I'm on nightshift at the moment and it's quiet so I don't have anything to distract me. I just wish they would email me with an update. Even if it's just to say thankyou for your hard earned money, we've started the process. So far hearing nothing is just painful and scary. Explaining to my DP that I've sent off the money but don't have a clue as to what is happening right now is not going down so well. Hard to keep someone else calm about it when I'm unsure myself. Hopefully our time in SA will line up and we can meet up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

HB13  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Offshorechick View Post

Offshore I had to work with pretty specific timeframes for my last cycle. I found if you are very specific and detailed in explaining this they will try to accommodate it as long as it works with the donor.
    I would email your agency and get them on to it too, to ensure you get it. As they work with the ladies at the clinic all the time they often have more success at getting the clinic to reply.
    If all else fails I found including the doctor, agency contact and nurse coordinator on EVERY email. I found the dr was often the first to reply and obviously would ruffle feathers.

(I'm guessing it may depend on which agency you are working with, ours was very proactive)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Offshorechick  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @ECM1981 Did you have any luck investigating the girls suggestions of Zoladex or Triptorelin at $40 each? I'm guessing both are effective for one month? Can you inject either of them yourself? Did any of the girls that used these meds get the same side-effects as being on Synarel?
    I find it fascinating there's now an option at a fraction of the price of Synarel and so much more convenient too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @arall I bought my ED items specific to her profile, her favorite perfume etc. I also bought her son a pressie from my home city. I checked this was ok first. I don't think the gift needs to be expensive, just come from the heart. Just remember not to put anything identifying in your thank-you card.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tahli For This Useful Post:

arall  (12-04-2016),HB13  (11-04-2016),Offshorechick  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Offshore I had to work with pretty specific timeframes for my last cycle. I found if you are very specific and detailed in explaining this they will try to accommodate it as long as it works with the donor.
    I would email your agency and get them on to it too, to ensure you get it. As they work with the ladies at the clinic all the time they often have more success at getting the clinic to reply.
    If all else fails I found including the doctor, agency contact and nurse coordinator on EVERY email. I found the dr was often the first to reply and obviously would ruffle feathers.

(I'm guessing it may depend on which agency you are working with, ours was very proactive)
    Thanks for the tip. I've sent off an email including them all so hopefully I will hear something soon.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahli View Post
    @ECM1981 Did you have any luck investigating the girls suggestions of Zoladex or Triptorelin at $40 each? I'm guessing both are effective for one month? Can you inject either of them yourself? Did any of the girls that used these meds get the same side-effects as being on Synarel?
    I find it fascinating there's now an option at a fraction of the price of Synarel and so much more convenient too!
    Zoladex got rescheduled at the end of last year I think, so it doesn't require an authority anymore. It has an indication to treat endometriosis. The issue with the other items, Lucrin & Triptorelin, is that they are not on the PBS for endometriosis treatment here, (prostate carcinoma only) hence $$. The Zoladex 3.6mg is given monthly & you could not self administer (or do so with great difficulty) it is essentially a pellet that releases the drug over a 4 week period. A nurse administers mine and her technique is much better than doctor I had on a previous course. I have an 82 year old male patient who gets the Lucrin shot & hates it, telling me I'd have no idea what the pain of it is like, if only he knew..

Synarel has an indication for endometriosis & IVF or ART as PBS calls it. It requires an authority to get it for $38.30.
    Synarel & Zoladex have very similar side effects because they essentially turn your oestrogen production off. So hot flashes, headaches, mood swing, appetite increase/decrease, nausea & migraine can be pretty standard,

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Itwilhappen For This Useful Post:

MamaKes  (12-04-2016),princessrory  (11-04-2016),Tahli  (12-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got a reply from Jenny at CFC today. My request for early July is happening. Looks like we'll be in SA on June 29th for my lining scan. Starting to feel real now. Any tips on when I should book some flights and accommodation? Wow this is actually happening

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Offshorechick For This Useful Post:

Blinky76  (12-04-2016),ferngirl  (12-04-2016),HB13  (12-04-2016),MamaKes  (12-04-2016),SalSA2015  (12-04-2016)