Closed Thread
Page 72 of 102 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Good luck ruby we are all here if you have any questions... I honestly started planning my de journey through my last oe Ivf cycle ( I'd given up !) and went with dr Matabese too, I got lucky and now I have less than 6 weeks till my bump is due !!! Good luck !!
    Last edited by ferngirl; 09-04-2016 at 11:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Ruby you'll find lots of support in here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ferngirl View Post
    Good luck ruby we are all here if you have any questions... I honestly started planning my de journey through my last oe Ivf cycle ( I'd given up !) and went with dr Matabese too, I got lucky and now I have less than 6 weeks till my bump is due !!! Good luck !!
    Wow @ferngirl I didn't realise you were due so close to me. My c/s will be in six weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @MissSagi and @Jennski how many weeks do you need to put aside to organise the lucrin? Is it 2 weeks for organising and ordering and 2 weeks in the post/customs? X
    ECM, when I bought it, they got it away in the post the same day that I gave them my c/card details (I emailed them at night which was their morning so they had time). It took about 10 days to get to me. If you go this option, make sure they send it by the postal system, not by courier, as it takes even longer. In hindsight, I should have organised it as soon as I made up my mind to go that way; it could have sat in the cupboard for a few weeks until needed. As it was, I think it only arrived the day before I needed it.

I looked up my invoice for the cost:
    Prostap: $495
    Conversion to UK script: $80
    Shipping: $125

Total: $700
    This was charged in US dollars.

So if you are going to use it, and it was sooo much easier than carting around that nasal stuff, just get it and throw it in the cupboard till you need it.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    ECM, when I bought it, they got it away in the post the same day that I gave them my c/card details (I emailed them at night which was their morning so they had time). It took about 10 days to get to me. If you go this option, make sure they send it by the postal system, not by courier, as it takes even longer. In hindsight, I should have organised it as soon as I made up my mind to go that way; it could have sat in the cupboard for a few weeks until needed. As it was, I think it only arrived the day before I needed it.

I looked up my invoice for the cost:
    Prostap: $495
    Conversion to UK script: $80
    Shipping: $125

Total: $700
    This was charged in US dollars.

So if you are going to use it, and it was sooo much easier than carting around that nasal stuff, just get it and throw it in the cupboard till you need it.

I don't remember exactly but mine was alot cheaper than that and I paid in £ not USD.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    @Tahli sorry I didn't have much luck with the pharmacist, he didn't know much. I will have a chat to Dr M Monday. Looking forward to what your hubby finds @HB13. I would much rather a one of injection instead of syneral.
    Hello, hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I am currently on zoladex which is similar to lucrin. I work in phmcy also. I have a diagnosis that requires a few months of this injection so it will tie in with down reg for SA. I am using a FS here who writes the script. It used to be authority or private but is now general so is just $38.30. Saves on using the international pharmacy &/or daily use of synarel. Best to all.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Itwilhappen For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (10-04-2016),emski72  (10-04-2016),HB13  (10-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (09-04-2016),Tahli  (11-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Jennski thanks for info @ItWillHappen so is zoladex the same drug as lucrin? Can it be used as a depot injection one off? Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @ECM1981 I also used Zoladex before my SA transfer - I had three injections over the course of 3 months to suppress my adenomyosis. Dr Matebese was fine with me using it as an alternative to the other down reg meds. I can't say whether it is the same as lucrin but it works by blocking the effects of estrogen... it certainly did the trick for me as I'm now 12 weeks pregnant. As @ItWillHappen said the Zoladex is available through the PBS at $38 or so an injection - just make sure that whoever does your injection uses some local anesthetic or numbing cream as they can be a bit painful. Wishing you all the very best in SA. FFxx
    Last edited by Felicity Fox; 10-04-2016 at 08:50.

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felicity Fox For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (12-04-2016),ECM1981  (10-04-2016),HB13  (10-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You cant get Lucrin ( leuprolide) in 3.75 in Australia only 7.5, you can however get the other depot injection Triptorelin , your pharmacy or Chemist warehouse can order it. it was $400 but now you can get it for about $40, its on a subsidised list.
    I was actually wanting to find out if anyone bought a small gift for their donors ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yes I bought my donor a willow tree figurine with a thank you card. Not expensive and has an individual meaning.