Closed Thread
Page 69 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi everyone, well after a trally sh%tty day at work we finally got the email confirming our requested donor is not a cystic fibrosis carrier so we can now go ahead and book our flights and accommodation and get excited! AF starting so can start my ocp etc

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

AdelMum  (14-04-2016),Canuck1  (09-04-2016),cjocoh71  (07-04-2016),HB13  (07-04-2016),Jennski  (07-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016),SalSA2015  (09-04-2016),Tahli  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    hi everyone, well after a trally sh%tty day at work we finally got the email confirming our requested donor is not a cystic fibrosis carrier so we can now go ahead and book our flights and accommodation and get excited! AF starting so can start my ocp etc
    Congrats @ECM1981 - I'm sure that's a huge relief for you guys! Best of luck to you on this next and hopefully final leg of your journey. Xoxo

4. The Following User Says Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (07-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @cjocoh71 i really hope this is the one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @HB13 i think i also took the lucrin depot injection the first time, it was around $400 i think? I dont recall having to halve the dose. I got a nurse friend to give it to me. Could you ring a few pharmacies and ask them if they can get it in 3.75mg? But im struggling to rememeber all the details so really im not much help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    A question for anyone from Australia. When my GP looked up the Lucrin 3.75mg injection that can be a one off 6 weeks before arriving in Cape Town, he found it can only be purchased at 7.5mg pre filled syringe.
    Has anyone else had the same issue and what was recommended?
    I have asked via email but curious what others have done.
    HB13, you can't get the 3.75 in Aus so I bought mine from an online chemist in UK. Can't remember the name of it, but if someone said it I would remember. You need to allow at least 2wks for it to arrive.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

HB13  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Sagi View Post
    HB13, you can't get the 3.75 in Aus so I bought mine from an online chemist in UK. Can't remember the name of it, but if someone said it I would remember. You need to allow at least 2wks for it to arrive.
    It's called International Pharmacy Organisation, we dealt with Howard who was super responsive and really helpful. You will need a prescription from CFC to get it from the UK. Ask your coordinator for one. Ours took about 2 weeks too, though they despatch it the same day you give them your credit card detail, it's our customs area that held ours up.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

HB13  (08-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wazbub View Post
    Hi All, just a quick update. We welcomed our twins last Friday 1st April at 34wks and 2 days. A boy and a girl both weighing 2kgs. They're doing really well but will have a small extended hospital stay to fatten up. I chose to have the steroid shot at 29 weeks just as a precaution and am now so glad that i did that. It feels amazing to finally become a parent and i can't even begin to express how much gratitude i have for my donor and her selflessness in donating her eggs. I'm also super appreciative of everyone on this forum for given my husband and I the confidence to try south africa and cfc. We started our baby making journey september 2011, its been four and a half long years but dreams do really come true!

Jennski, can totally relate to your comments re: not looking pregnant. Even the midwifes at the hospital while i was in labour couldn't believe i had two in there. Yay for long torsos!
    Ohh Wazbub, my friend, such a big congratulations to you and your DH. My DH asked how you last Sunday, and I commented that you would getting close!

Big hugs to you both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kay2015 View Post
    @wazbub - congratulations!! That's just amazing news, welcome to motherhood. I've been checking the forum daily waiting for your news as I felt sure it would be soon. So glad to hear the babies are doing well.

All - very glad to see awareness on whooping cough. We have had a particularly virulent outbreak here in parts of Europe where I live, and the article link above seems to suggest a similar situation in Australia. I know some women here refuse the whooping cough vaccine due to "heavy metals" but the research I did showed there was the same amount of heavy metals in a tuna steak. So I think the vaccine (or one tuna steak) will not harm the baby.

AFM - I think I'm next in line to deliver - currently I have a C-section booked (due to previous complications) for the end of this month, so am looking forward to posting my own good news then.

Take care everyone :-)
    I've been waiting and watching for some news ... Hope everything goes smoothly for you Sweetheart.

Can't wait to hear your news.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ECM1981 View Post
    ECM, such good news. This is going to be the one. Chill out, enjoy the ride and let the universe weave it's magic for you.

You go Girl, I'm cheering you on from the sidelines!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (08-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ECM, that's really exciting news. Hoping everything else goes smoothly for you! When will you be over?