Closed Thread
Page 66 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 1011
  1. #651
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Toronto, CANADA
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    166
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Good luck to you @Luca. It sounds lovely and I am getting excited about the thought of a holiday in Cape Town as well as everything else.

    We have just payed our agency fee and sent off signed documentation so it's getting real!
    So far I have only liased with the donor agency. I've emailed Dr Le Roux at Cape Fertility through the webpage but have no response yet. What is normal protocol? Do the agencies normally contact the clinic for you? Or should I try and email again?

    Thanks, I love the support on this thread ☺️
    Dear HB13,

    Dr Le Roux was my doc this most recent time in CT and I loved him! He was calm, patient and helped me achieve my twin babes that are happily growing inside me as I write this! (22+2wks)

    He is usually quite responsive (sending replies from his iPhone and on weekends), as is his assistant Karin Schwenke, although there were a few times when I needed to drop them an extra line and whistle "yoo-whoo" through my emails ...and remind them that I was still waiting for some sort of response and it was contributing to extra and unnecessary angst for me so far away (I'm in Toronto, Canada), and with respect to such a big life decision. This usually rustled them up to respond more quickly !

    I would try them again, but make mention that you're following-up as you've not heard back and I'm sure that will get things going.

    Once your donor has been selected, your agency will advise your doc and things should start to happen.

    Let me know if I can offer any further assistance and best of luck to you!

    Xoxo

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

    HB13  (05-04-2016)

  3. #652
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    126
    Thanks
    523
    Thanked
    265
    Reviews
    0
    @Miss Sagi, thanks for providing perspective on twins as a single mother. I think you rock! @mummy2016 It sounds like you had a dud donor. Please don't let that dissuade you from trying again. @ECM1981 gave you some good advice about SA donors.
    I have had two friends go to the States. I think one went to Shady Grove and she is planning on going to CFC as the Shady Grove cycle was a bust. The other is fighting the US clinic as they were supposed to send 6 good embryos to Toronto (approx. $20,000) and she only got two. When you look at the numbers, you could do three fresh cycles in SA for what you could get in the States. I have seen so much success in SA and know only one person who got pregnant from ED in the States (a Colorado clinic). @ECM1981 thanks for your advice and positive attitude. I find your posts thoughtful and I wish you all the best for your June cycle. @Luca Good Luck with this cycle and wishing I was in Cape Town right now (it's -10C and snowing in Toronto). I agree with you, while I would feel more comfortable transferring one embryo, I think this is a numbers game. Unfortunately, my number hasn't come up yet.
    Lastly, this is hard. To all those on this forum who are still struggling - thinking about going to SA, searching through hundreds of donor profiles, saving for another cycle or wondering 'why not me' - hang in there. Be proud of how far you have come.

  4. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Canuck1 For This Useful Post:

    arall  (05-04-2016),crabby  (05-04-2016),ECM1981  (05-04-2016),HB13  (05-04-2016),Hopeful1975  (05-04-2016),Jennski  (05-04-2016),KLM0511  (05-04-2016),Miss Sagi  (05-04-2016)

  5. #653
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    99
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    94
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks @cjocoh71, congratulations on your success! Must be so very exiting.
    I did mention to Rikki at Sunshine that we hadn't heard from him yet so she will also drop him a line when forwarding on our donor information. Hopefully hear something soon.
    I'm really keen to get dates etc sorted as I only have a 3 week window I can be away for.
    Have you found out what you're having or waiting for an extra surprise? Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and not too much morning sickness!

  6. #654
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    111
    Thanks
    436
    Thanked
    359
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Good luck to you @Luca. It sounds lovely and I am getting excited about the thought of a holiday in Cape Town as well as everything else.

    We have just payed our agency fee and sent off signed documentation so it's getting real!
    So far I have only liased with the donor agency. I've emailed Dr Le Roux at Cape Fertility through the webpage but have no response yet. What is normal protocol? Do the agencies normally contact the clinic for you? Or should I try and email again?

    Thanks, I love the support on this thread ☺️

    Check your Junk emails section @HB13; I had to "not junk" the response back from Dr W from CFC. From then on it was ok. All the Drs are very quick to respond, so you might find Dr LR has.

    if you don't succeed with your first donor, ask your Dr the hard questions ... We did, and the response always was "choose another donor". We chose another and had success 2nd time around. Don't rely on the Agency's recommendation; you never see an 'average' or 'poor' quality ED on any profile. Ask CFC for their history; your decision between several donors might become quite clear.

    AFM - 23 weeks with both our Bubski's going strong. Twin 1 is 488gm and really laid back while Twin 2 is 478gms and is quite the aerobics champion. I can feel them both doing forward rolls and moving most of the day. Funny thing: this morning DH asked me if I was going to get out of bed ... I said no, that they were both finally asleep and I was going to let them stay that way!

    I still don't really have a belly, if you saw me in swimmers you'd think I'd just had a baked dinner too many. Apparently, according to Dr, I am tall enough - especially in the torso - to carry twins and no one notice! Guess I really am a 'long wheel base'. I can still wear all my regular clothes, I was thinking I would be waddling by now ... Still, I'm not complaining, I realise how lucky we are.

    Good luck and baby dust to all those cycling, thinking about it, or waiting to cycle.


  7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jennski For This Useful Post:

    cjocoh71  (06-04-2016),ECM1981  (05-04-2016)

  8. #655
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked
    602
    Reviews
    0
    Hi @Jennski nice to hear from and totally jealous of all that you have written haha! Not even in pregnancy clothes yet! Sounds like a beautiful balance of babies, a calm one and a energetic one. The perfect pair! Who will be the ringleader in their mischief I wonder I can't wait to hear of their arrival xx
    @Canuck1 also nice to hear from you and hope you are going well. Your message was lovely. I too hope all your dreams come true!! You very much deserve it, you have had a tough road. Best of luck in your next step xx

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

    Canuck1  (06-04-2016),Jennski  (07-04-2016)

  10. #656
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    perth
    Posts
    498
    Thanks
    688
    Thanked
    602
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Quick question do any of you get PGD testing done on your donor embryos?? My DH has high Fish levels but our donor travelling from SA is 21 and healthy yet unproven. Warren doesn't think we need it but a friend from high school who's 20'weeks preg with her first DE try swears by it?? Any thoughts on pros
    And cons??
    Hi mamakes, I am getting PGD to hopefully help us get the best embryo to transfer out of our hopeful large collection after the transfer of 7 embryos last year that were graded as good we didn't get any bfp. I just wanted the testing this time around in the hope that it helps us. It will let us know which of the embryos have all the required 'parts', then the rest is up to my oven! Xx

  11. #657
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Thanks @cjocoh71, congratulations on your success! Must be so very exiting.
    I did mention to Rikki at Sunshine that we hadn't heard from him yet so she will also drop him a line when forwarding on our donor information. Hopefully hear something soon.
    I'm really keen to get dates etc sorted as I only have a 3 week window I can be away for.
    Have you found out what you're having or waiting for an extra surprise? Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and not too much morning sickness!
    Perhaps try emailing Elaine at cfc.
    elaine@capefertilityclinic.co.za

    She too also works with Dr LR. He may have been away for the Easter break?

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

    cjocoh71  (06-04-2016)

  13. #658
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    764
    Thanks
    660
    Thanked
    1,022
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

    Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKes View Post
    Quick question do any of you get PGD testing done on your donor embryos?? My DH has high Fish levels but our donor travelling from SA is 21 and healthy yet unproven. Warren doesn't think we need it but a friend from high school who's 20'weeks preg with her first DE try swears by it?? Any thoughts on pros
    And cons??
    Mamakes - my DH had high FISH levels too and Wazza said similar to us about PGD. Our donor was 24 and he suggested doing a 50/50 split (half donor +DH, half double donor).
    Given all DH's previously bad results with significant fragmentation etc we fully expected to Tx double donor Embies. However the opposite was the case with our young donor making up the difference needed to overcome his 'insufficiencies'. This resulted in our two cherubs who are DH all over😧🤐😉
    We also found that by having the second option of using double donor that DH was far les stressed leading into the cycle as he didn't feel the pressure was all his..if that makes sense?
    I'm not sure if this is an option for KED but something worth considering?

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

    MamaKes  (06-04-2016)

  15. #659
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Toronto, CANADA
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    166
    Reviews
    0

    Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

    Quote Originally Posted by HB13 View Post
    Thanks @cjocoh71, congratulations on your success! Must be so very exiting.
    I did mention to Rikki at Sunshine that we hadn't heard from him yet so she will also drop him a line when forwarding on our donor information. Hopefully hear something soon.
    I'm really keen to get dates etc sorted as I only have a 3 week window I can be away for.
    Have you found out what you're having or waiting for an extra surprise? Hoping the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly and not too much morning sickness!
    My DH's family only produces boys ...! So I was hardly surprised to find out that we are having two of them, and I'm going to be totally out-numbered!!!

    Hope you've likely already heard back from Dr LR and/or Karin, or even Elaine, as was suggested above by Blinky76. Best of luck to you for an easy and successful cycle.
    Xoxo

  16. #660
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Toronto, CANADA
    Posts
    79
    Thanks
    128
    Thanked
    166
    Reviews
    0

    Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennski View Post
    Check your Junk emails section @HB13; I had to "not junk" the response back from Dr W from CFC. From then on it was ok. All the Drs are very quick to respond, so you might find Dr LR has.

    if you don't succeed with your first donor, ask your Dr the hard questions ... We did, and the response always was "choose another donor". We chose another and had success 2nd time around. Don't rely on the Agency's recommendation; you never see an 'average' or 'poor' quality ED on any profile. Ask CFC for their history; your decision between several donors might become quite clear.

    AFM - 23 weeks with both our Bubski's going strong. Twin 1 is 488gm and really laid back while Twin 2 is 478gms and is quite the aerobics champion. I can feel them both doing forward rolls and moving most of the day. Funny thing: this morning DH asked me if I was going to get out of bed ... I said no, that they were both finally asleep and I was going to let them stay that way!

    I still don't really have a belly, if you saw me in swimmers you'd think I'd just had a baked dinner too many. Apparently, according to Dr, I am tall enough - especially in the torso - to carry twins and no one notice! Guess I really am a 'long wheel base'. I can still wear all my regular clothes, I was thinking I would be waddling by now ... Still, I'm not complaining, I realise how lucky we are.

    Good luck and baby dust to all those cycling, thinking about it, or waiting to cycle.

    Dear Jennski,

    Have to admit that I'm jealous of your non-belly with twin babes! While lots have a hard time believing I'm 22+4wks carrying twins, there's no mistakening I've definitely got a belly now for at least one! I'm sure it won't be long before I'm doing a fine job of waddling, although with 2 boys it seems the belly is all in the front.

    Both mine are crazy active and have been for some time, and I have to say that being able to feel them move is the absolute best part of being pregnant (as I can't say I have loved much else about all of this!)

    Continue to be well and enjoy the balance of your time "baking your babes in your oven".
    Hugs.
    Xoxo

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

    Canuck1  (06-04-2016),Jennski  (07-04-2016)


 

Similar Threads

  1. Egg Donation in South Africa #10
    By January in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1079
    Last Post: 24-09-2015, 16:41
  2. Egg Donation in South Africa #9
    By KMP in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 991
    Last Post: 20-07-2015, 10:34
  3. Egg Donation in South Africa #7
    By emski72 in forum Egg Donation
    Replies: 1120
    Last Post: 15-02-2015, 16:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Softmats
With so many amazing reversible designs, the soft and cushioned Premium Bubba Mats are the perfect space for all the family. Not only do they look fantastic; you can also enjoy the quality and comfort for years to come.
sales & new stuffsee all
The Health Hub
Give a new mum a fitness boost for Christmas & New Year. Studio-based, small group training sessions - cardio, strength, core, Pilates & boxing. Choice of 16 hrs per week, flexible-arrival feature - bubs & kids welcome! Gift vouchers available.
featured supporter
Mini Maestros
Nurturing Confident Learners. Mini Maestros offers music classes for children 6 months to 5 years of age. It is the longest running and most successful Australian business of its kind.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!