Closed Thread
Page 65 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck to you @Luca. It sounds lovely and I am getting excited about the thought of a holiday in Cape Town as well as everything else.

We have just payed our agency fee and sent off signed documentation so it's getting real!
    So far I have only liased with the donor agency. I've emailed Dr Le Roux at Cape Fertility through the webpage but have no response yet. What is normal protocol? Do the agencies normally contact the clinic for you? Or should I try and email again?

Thanks, I love the support on this thread ☺️

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck for Friday Luca!
    How's your apartment?
    Lucky you! Enjoy your time over there. 😊. See you sometime when you are back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Awww good luck Luca!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @arall. I recommend acupuncturist Sarah Hewland in Claremont. Myself and a few of the other ladies have used her.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

arall  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I used Sarah for acupuncture on my last trip. She was good.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

arall  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by arall View Post
    Good luck Luca! We are on the countdown now off in 2 weeks. I am wondering any recommendations for an acupuncturist In CT or near the clinic?
    I used Simone Kredo. She was amazing and i feel like i consider her a friend now. She was great at acupuncture and also a very good listener and easy to talk to. She is in Sea Point. I tried the other lady that has been used by some of the other girls but i got a friendlier feeling off Simone which made me more calm and relaxed. Good luck.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

arall  (05-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummy2016 if you decide to go back to CFC and try a new donor make sure you ask the nurses at CFC for the donation reports on any proven donors you fancy. It will make the process longer and will overwhelm you as you swim through all the information but it will be worth it. To find our next donor we asked the agencies for their recommendations on proven donors and then emailed the nurse at CFC to request their donation report. I found that many agencies said their donors was an 'excellent' donor with great results but when i got the reports back from CFC they actually didnt produce that many good quality blasts. Unfortunately my body is being a bit of a d#ck so i need to increase my chances by going for a donor that hopefully produces over 6 blasts. Its not a fool proof plan but its a start ☺x

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ECM1981 For This Useful Post:

Canuck1  (05-04-2016),JulieMalooley  (05-04-2016),mummy2016  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question do any of you get PGD testing done on your donor embryos?? My DH has high Fish levels but our donor travelling from SA is 21 and healthy yet unproven. Warren doesn't think we need it but a friend from high school who's 20'weeks preg with her first DE try swears by it?? Any thoughts on pros
    And cons??

13. The Following User Says Thank You to MamaKes For This Useful Post:

ECM1981  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Quote Originally Posted by KerryS View Post
    You deserve our support not criticism. I'm a big fan of your doctor, he's helped us heaps too. He's definitely trying to find ways to facilitate the ED process for us all.
    Wholeheartedly agree. I too am a big fan of your doctor. Without him we wouldn't have our two cherubs.

I haven't been following the thread too closely in the last few days as I have been in hospital trying to deal with post surgery complications but I do know that there is no requirement (or even space) on the Qld birth certificate for donor info.
    Last edited by Blinky76; 05-04-2016 at 08:52.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

JulieMalooley  (05-04-2016),MamaKes  (05-04-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #12

Quote Originally Posted by arall View Post
    Good luck Luca! We are on the countdown now off in 2 weeks. I am wondering any recommendations for an acupuncturist In CT or near the clinic?
    Hi @arall,

On my most recent CT cycle at CFC I saw Sarah Hewland, who is located very close to their offices (5mims drive). I loved her and saw her a few times before my transfer and then immediately following, that same afternoon. I found her to be very calming in her overall demeanour and really like her acupuncture style, although it was very different from what I'm used to here at home (Toronto, Canada). I do however know that several ladies on here have found her approach to be a little stand-offish and lacking in emotion. I did not find this at all and very much connected with her and have been in-touch with her since being home.

Compared to acupuncture rates here at home I found her to be super-cheap. Her first consult lasted 90mins and cost R390, and all subsequent sessions were 45mins and were R320.

Let me know if you need contact info for her or have any other questions, although (she was easy to find through Google).

Best of luck to you and @Luca on your upcoming trips. Try to relax and enjoy!
    Xoxo

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to cjocoh71 For This Useful Post:

arall  (05-04-2016),Canuck1  (05-04-2016),Rhino  (19-04-2016)